It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump's "Calm Before The Storm" Warning Hint That A Military Retaliation Is In The Works?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Many articles concerning Columbus Day and a potential North Korean long range missile test.

North Korea is preparing to test a long-range missile which it believes can reach the west coast of the United States, a Russian lawmaker just returned from a visit to Pyongyang was quoted as saying on Friday.

Tensions have risen in recent weeks over North Korea’s nuclear weapons and missile programs as Pyongyang has test-fired several missiles and conducted what it said was a test explosion of a hydrogen bomb as it advances toward its goal of developing a nuclear-tipped missile capable of hitting the U.S. mainland.

In Washington, a U.S. official said that there had been indications that North Korea could be preparing for a missile test on or around Oct. 10, the anniversary of the founding of the ruling Korean Workers Party and a day after the Columbus Day holiday in the United States.

www.reuters.com... l=0

During a recent photo session involving top military leaders and their wives, President Trump made an odd statement.

"You guys know what this represents? Maybe it's the calm before the storm," Trump said at the photo op Thursday night, following a meeting with his top military commanders. When reporters present asked what he meant, Trump replied: "It could be, the calm, the calm before the storm."

When asked again what he meant, Trump said only: "You'll find out."

www.cnn.com...

Does this mean Trump is hinting that he'll take military action if North Korea tests another long range missile? It's evident that there are many sources indicating a launch is imminent. Trump in the past has stated that the military is "locked and loaded." Will it be unlocked if there's another missile test?

A top CIA official for the Korean Peninsula warned Wednesday that the U.S. should be ready for a new provocation by North Korea on Columbus Day on Oct. 9, which coincides with the anniversary of the founding of the political party that governs in Pyongyang.

Lee added that Pyongyang historically has been controlled by its fear of the Chinese abandoning its support for the Hermit Kingdom, or that the U.S. would carry out a military strike. Kim Jong Un no longer has those fears, Lee said.

www.usnews.com...

I pray that this is not the case, but maybe the "elite" wants the war machine to start churning.
edit on 10/6/2017 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He also said great progress had been made with Islamic State.....can't wait to hear what that means!

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's definitely a freaky thing to say.

Imagine if Obama had said during the press corps dinner "Tonight's a very special night for Osama bin Laden..." *# eating grin*

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If they go through with what they talked about before, and donate a nuclear weapon in the Sea of Japan, i don't think there's any choice but to hit them hard. Japan won't tolerate that kind of escalation.

link   
Sure doesn't sound good....

link   
It's called The Madman posture. Aimed primarily at America's enemies.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If they go through with what they talked about before, and donate a nuclear weapon in the Sea of Japan, i don't think there's any choice but to hit them hard. Japan won't tolerate that kind of escalation.

If they detonate a nuke in the Sea of Japan, I doubt we'll be the first to take action. Pretty sure China and Russia wouldn't be very comfortable after such a test.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

We won't have to beyond support measures. Japan will be after him so fast it won't be funny. They've got a much better military than people realize, and they've put up with a lot of provocation. That will go way too far though.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agreed, though I still think China will be the first to act if he successfully shows he can deliver a nuke on a missile. China likes their rabid dog wearing a muzzle, if they can deliver a nuke on a missile, the muzzle has officially come off.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
ive been thinking about it but i have been thinking about the picture too. ranking government people. all old white people.
the show is almost over for the people who run it.

thats a big part of the problem i think in general

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i don't think trump was referring to north korea when he said that whole thing about the quiet before the storm, i think he was referring to broadening actions against ISIS/ISIL/daesh in the near future as a response to the las vegas shooting, they claimed responsibility and they have almost never made false claims before now so just maybe he really was one of them..

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Reagan was senile but not SCARY senile.

"You'll find out." πŸ˜‰

Can you imagine that...an actual quote from the President of the United States?

He needs a babysitter.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking

"You'll find out." πŸ˜‰

He needs a babysitter.

Can you imagine what some of the other political leaders say when the press isn't around?

Can you imagine the comments and sadistic ideas that they talk about amongst their close friends?

Trump is the only person, I think, with a mic shoved in his face constantly.

If you think he's crazy, I can show you loads of other people who make him look sane.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
For those playing at home - Columbus Day is October 9. I'm not american so not very aware of various holidays!
October 10 is a public holiday in North Korea celebrating the anniversary of the founding of the Worker's Party of Korea.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I am glad that Trump is President while all of this is going on.

The man is showing up everywhere to show support for America.

The right man for the right time.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I see the president is actually giving the USA citizens a dire warning,,, instead of a 'heads-up'

the 'calm-before-the-storm' does not mean his administration is in the Attack Mode, pre conflict zone

it really means that the ISIS attack platoons/compamy's in all 50 States... and the hi-tech, nuclear armed NoKo's are going into a Campaign Mode of confrontation with the MAGA agenda... an Aggression which Trump will retaliate against with Full-Force Fire-&-Fury

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

"You'll find out." πŸ˜‰

He needs a babysitter.
I much prefer Mr T's approach to barry o's -we are going to hit them at such a time and place Barry always warned his comrades he warned ISIS he was going to bomb their fuel trucks doing business with Turkey.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag

"You'll find out." πŸ˜‰

He needs a babysitter.
I much prefer Mr T's approach to barry o's -we are going to hit them at such a time and place Barry always warned his comrades he warned ISIS he was going to bomb their fuel trucks doing business with Turkey.

Yea, Mr. Reagan never told either.

Just "BOOOOM!", and then a press conference afterward.

Why telegraph your moves, unless you're not wanting to really hit your targets?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It is entirely possible he is referring to Iran. There is mounting evidence Trump wont renew the Iran nuclear deal given they arent complying with it per the UN. Russia also blocked action against Iran in the security council over Irans non cooperation.

Potus has to re-certify the deal every 90 days and has done so twice since becoming potus. That deadline is sometime this month.
edit on 6-10-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It is entirely possible he is referring to Iran. There is mounting evidence Trump wont renew the Iran nuclear deal given they arent complying with it per the UN. Russia also blocked action against Iran in the security council over Irans non cooperation.

Potus has to re-certify the deal every 90 days and has done so twice since becoming potus. That deadline is sometime this month.

That would take a long time to play out and bore everyone to sleep

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join