It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoelace mistaken for noose causes racial uproar at Michigan State University

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So basically they have never seen a package of shoe laces. We wore our shoes out growing up. Went through at least two pair of laces to one pair of shoes. But than again we live in a disposable society. The lace breaks on a pair of shoes .........you throw the shoes away.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

So basically they have never seen a package of shoe laces. We wore our shoes out growing up. Went through at least two pair of laces to one pair of shoes. But than again we live in a disposable society. The lace breaks on a pair of shoes .........you throw the shoes away.

Or, you grow up only using velcro because you couldn't learn to tie a lace. And we can't have that, after all, it would hurt their self esteem if they failed to learn something. SO, they make it easier by using velcro.

SMH.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My initial reaction is that, against my better judgment here is a case for the idea of "pre-crime/minority report" predictive policing being needed. Lock her up before she does more damage from her privileged position.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

from your link

Panic ensued on a college campus last week when social media fueled rumors that a member of the Ku Klux Klan had been spotted. The man, as students later realized, wasn’t a Klan member, but rather Father Jude McPeak, an ordained priest from Evergreen, in line for frozen yogurt while wearing his habit.

Don't these students have access to google pics? How moronic

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It could have been worse.
It could have been a Trumpy bear

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
My tackle box would give them fits then. Everyone of my fish hooks has the leader tied in what could be considered a "noose".

Yea totally. Nobody every hangs nooses, what's wrong with these idiots?

WP - Former Ole Miss student pleads guilty to hanging noose around statue honoring the first black student (Feb 2014 - Ole Miss)

NY Post - Duke student admits to hanging noose on tree (May 2015 - Duke)

USA Today - 'Noose' incident stirs emotion on Del. campus (Sep 2015 - UD Newark)

NY Post - Bananas hanging from nooses found on college campus (May - American University)

Fox5 DC - Noose found inside fraternity house at University of Maryland (May - UMD)

WJLA DC - Noose found at middle school in Md.; police release photos of 2 teen boys (May - MD middle school)

Mass Live - Amherst College students rally to denounce racism after noose found on campus (photos, video) (Last month - Amherst)

That took about 2 seconds to find. But you know, it's completely unreasonable to think anyone would ever do it... again. Amirite?
edit on 2017-10-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: JIMC5499
My tackle box would give them fits then. Everyone of my fish hooks has the leader tied in what could be considered a "noose".

Yea totally. Nobody every hangs nooses, what's wrong with these idiots?

WP - Former Ole Miss student pleads guilty to hanging noose around statue honoring the first black student (Feb 2014 - Ole Miss)

NY Post - Duke student admits to hanging noose on tree (May 2015 - Duke)

USA Today - 'Noose' incident stirs emotion on Del. campus (Sep 2015 - UD Newark)

NY Post - Bananas hanging from nooses found on college campus (May - American University)

Fox5 DC - Noose found inside fraternity house at University of Maryland (May - UMD)

WJLA DC - Noose found at middle school in Md.; police release photos of 2 teen boys (May - MD middle school)

Mass Live - Amherst College students rally to denounce racism after noose found on campus (photos, video) (Last month - Amherst)

That took about 2 seconds to find. But you know, it's completely unreasonable to think anyone would ever do it... again. Amirite?

im not sure what correlation actual acts of hatred have to do with someone confusing a "packaged" leather shoelace for a noose. we should be angry at people crying wolf over something so blatantly not a noose, taking away from the victims of actual real hate crimes. theyve wasted resources that could have gone to other areas to prevent real crimes.
edit on 6-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Like I've always said, common sense is a friggin super power these days.....

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
To the OP. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

To the sensitive. Is a shoelace a cultural appropriation from somewhere, meaning that at least one group should not use?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

While I don't share their paranoia, i understand jt, campus racial harassment is a thing, and Increasing for when a three star general had to come out heavily against it at an Air force academy ,you know we have a problem, BTW non of you fine folks seemed to have made a thread on this..why???
Before someone asked why I did not, tired of being the bad black guy bringing bad race news.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

These kinds of stories are still so absurd I have trouble processing them as being real. Am I reading the Onion? Can't tell anymore

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So not only can tossed banana peels be "racist", so can lost shoelaces? How do people this delicate survive?? Seriously, how do they get through their day, seeing imagined threats all around them? That level of paranoia isn't healthy, and needs treatment.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

While I don't share their paranoia, i understand jt, campus racial harassment is a thing, and Increasing for when a three star general had to come out heavily against it at an Air force academy ,you know we have a problem, BTW non of you fine folks seemed to have made a thread on this..why???
Before someone asked why I did not, tired of being the bad black guy bringing bad race news.
I

I for one have never seen that story. If I had I would have made a thread. If you want something discussed, you need to post it here. We are no psychics you know.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join