It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Rolls Back Obama’s Birth Control Coverage Rule

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: windword

So your contention is that mankind is no more than animals who cannot control their base urges? That may be the case with many but why wouldn’t one endeavor to overcome those animal urges? Lots of examples of people bonding without sex. Sex has plenty of examples of destroying people and their lives.

Sex doesn't destroy live, people destroy people's lives.

Do you hold the same philosophy regarding guns?

Seriously?
edit on 6-10-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

then you must also have a gripe about all of the preventive care mandates, some of which, I believe, may have been in effect before obmamcare.

and weather or not men were left out would depend on what state you are living in, many states have taken measures to assure men wouldn't be left out.

www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/health/states-protect-no-cost-contraception-and-vasectomy-aca/index.html

edit on 6-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: intrepid

If your are broke there are any number of things that a responsible person would not do.

Sounds like morality prostitution. No money, no sex. Not right, as sex is part of the human bodies function, and not realistic in the least.

Ok I’ll play, eating is also a part of the body’s function. But, you eat in accordance with your means and you don’t eat until you fall over. If you can afford steak you eat steak if you cannot then you eat hot dogs. Perhaps you eat beans and toast. Pay the buck a day.

But you are still eating. Satisfying the physical need.

edit on 6-10-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I wonder if violence and sexual repression have been studied....um..check.

Ps I was referring to anthropology in case that went over anyone's head. It's well documented there is correlation and causation.
edit on 6-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: windword

So your contention is that mankind is no more than animals who cannot control their base urges? That may be the case with many but why wouldn’t one endeavor to overcome those animal urges? Lots of examples of people bonding without sex. Sex has plenty of examples of destroying people and their lives.

Sex doesn't destroy live, people destroy people's lives.

Do you hold the same philosophy regarding guns?

Seriously?

It's complicated.

I think people with sexual transmitted diseases should not be allowed to infect others.

edit on 6-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Not for me but I'm in my mid 50's.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: UKTruth
and if you drink so much soda that you end up with type 2 diabetes, well, that was your choice
if you eat so much fatty garbage that you end up with heart disease, well, that was your choice
right?? why should I have to pay for your bad choices??
gee, that was easy!! we've just eliminated the need for health insurance since everything could be traced to our own bad decisions probably and since no one wants to pay for the bad decisions of others... well...
sorry, no cooperation or agreement with the parties...

Fair try.

However, in none of those cases is there a 100% reliable connection between the disease and the lifestyle at the individual level...I think we do know with 100% certainty, though, that if you get pregnant, we know how it happened.

In one case a choice MAY have led to the disease - risk adjusters can handle that kind of equation and price accordingly.

There is no sense in insurance being used for an ongoing supply of product to satisfy personal choice, however. That is simply paying out money to STOP a risk from occurring.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: luthier

Not for me but I'm in my mid 50's.

Lol...

I am an agnostic pro lifer. I think it's your duty to control your own situation. Not because of God but because it's best for society and humanity.

However, as a realist the world is not my opinion. The world wasn't raised the same way I was. My philosophy is not more important than reality...

So I think the argument is scientifically when does a being become conscious? It's murder after that point if it's elective. That is my opinion.

But I am not going to force the world to believe that. I understand the reality of society. If birth control stops abortions which it does. Then we should pay for it by moral duty particularly if it's pennies of tax money per person.
edit on 6-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

and... have you considered what would happen if all the married men were told by their wives nope, not gonna happen, no more sex, we have more kids than we can handle now???
can you guess just what the reaction of many of them would be???

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In the long run the government will most likely be paying more out in assistance for poor children.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Ladies of the night get more business.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

and... have you considered what would happen if all the married men were told by their wives nope, not gonna happen, no more sex, we have more kids than we can handle now???

Or say Saudi Arabia where sexuality is taboo.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
In the long run the government will most likely be paying more out in assistance for poor children.

Can't wait. At least we have freedom. Accept when I get robbed....

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

not if they can't afford it...
then maybe it will be rape...
or maybe divorce...
whatever...
but if you expect the women to forego sex, then you should also expect the men to???

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

but if you expect the women to forego sex, then you should also expect the men to???

Men are already expected too.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

If you believe responsibility is an old fashioned idea and soon to fade you had better go back to your sci-fi.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

not anymore than women are expected to. but I expect when men say that women always have the option of not having sex if they don't want to pay for their own birthcontrol... they really don't expect it will affect their sex life. they either plan to buy the birth control for their partners, or well, finding a partner that is willing to pay for her own.

so, maybe we should just take that option off the table. I mean I think that there's a few men that would freak if their wife actually came up and told them that she's decided that they had enough kids so there wouldn't be any more sex till menopause set in!!!

what you are saying is that out of all the healthcare that is covered by insurance you object to birth control being a part of it. women should be paying for it out of their pocket, and no matter how much I try to explain to people how this is a health issue that is important for not only women's health but also her babies, you don't care...

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, this is not about 'no more sex'. If a woman chooses to have sex with the whole town that his her and her multiple partners' choices, or if she chooses just her husband that is her and her husbands choice, or indeed no sex at all is her choice.

If she said 'no sex' to her husband, he then has choices. Respect it and do without or find someone else.

I don't really have a view on the woman's choice of sexual partner or not, just that she and her partner should be responsible for their actions and not ask others to pay for their decisions.
edit on 6/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Historically, I've rejected the social contract concept, especially in modern America where it is a conveniently one-sided contract for far too many people. People have a responsibility to themselves and for themselves first and foremost... that needs to be embraced before anyone has the right to expect others to pick up their responsibilities for them.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

No, I think pretending like we can do it alone and screw thy neighbor will be a terrible idea for planning the future.

In about 10 years 6 million professional drivers will be out of work.

But keep nodding your head at the proper time.

I personally think responsibility is important. I just to pretend the entire population had the same upbringing I did.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join