It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Rolls Back Obama’s Birth Control Coverage Rule

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There were abortions before they were SAFE and legal and there will be abortions when they are UNSAFE and illegal. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know history or understand people.

Remember BC finances affect men as well as women and when BC is not available sex will not be as available. Abstinence always works and its cheap.

Making something illegal doesn't make it stop.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
5 Supreme Court positions will be filled by Trump and Rowe vs Wade will be overturned.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Not without a Constitutional Amendment they won't.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Mark my prediction. one will retire and 3 will be ensnare in a scandal. Trump will replace at least 4 Supreme Court positions and Rowe vs Wade will be overturned before he is out of office.
edit on 8-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

14th Amendment. Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Roe V Wade cannot be overturned without a Constitutional Amendment that removes the word "born".

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Trump's view of religious freedom is the right for religious people to take away freedoms from people they don't agree with. This is not freedom at all, but tyranny. Everyone, including religious people, should be free to make choices like this for themselves.

As another person posted, this isn't an abortion, it is birth control, which prevents unwanted pregnancies and thus prevents abortions. There are also health reasons to take birth control.

It's sad that moral leadership is vested in a twice-divorced man who brags about groping women.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

And it will continue to be typically covered.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Probably, by those who can find affordable coverage. That outcome is looking bleaker and bleaker everyday.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

14th Amendment. Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Roe V Wade cannot be overturned without a Constitutional Amendment that removes the word "born".

LOL. Seriously?
You really think that?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The Founding fathers thought that. The Supreme Court of United States thinks that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The Founding fathers thought that. The Supreme Court of United States thinks that.

Did they? Interesting.

So just for clarity, you think this sentence:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

means that the Supreme Court can not overturn Rowe vs Wade... right?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It means that the unborn aren't subject to Constitutional rights, nor under the jurisdiction of the US government. It would require a constitutional amendment to fix that problem, and in fact, the Republicans have one!

“We assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to children before birth,” the proposal reads.

GOP repeats calls for new constitutional amendments

Since this is a very difficult thing to get through, the religious right tries to control women and legislate their uteri.

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Title X
Contraception Mandate

Yes, but you said it was a right. I would like to know what Amendment in the Bill of Rights it falls under.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The Constitution doesn't grant rights, it protects them. The law provides that women who buy insurance are covered for birth control. Therefore, all women who are insured have the "right" to birth control under the 14th Amendment, Equal protection under the law.

It's unconstitutional to grant some women their legal rights, while denying others, based on their employer's closely held beliefs.

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I hate to bump this for another round of the same ole but a good point came up while the wife, daughter and I were out for a smoke. IDK if this came up, I got off the merry go round a while back. is there an exemption for those that need the pill to regulate their cycles and lessen the ordeal?

I put it that way for queasy dudes.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I hate to bump this for another round of the same ole but a good point came up while the wife, daughter and I were out for a smoke. IDK if this came up, I got off the merry go round a while back. is there an exemption for those that need the pill to regulate their cycles and lessen the ordeal?

I put it that way for queasy dudes.

there won't be an exemption, count on it. and that's not the only non-repro reason birth control is prescribed.

it's health care, period. it shouldn't be excluded except that a certain segment of our society thinks they're entitled to foist their notions of societal control on other people under the guise of their big ol' religious rights.
edit on 10-10-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

CHEER UP THEN!
American FEMINIZED boys don't want relationship hassles AND are scared of females.
GUESS you get to play with ROBOTS now.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

American FEMINIZED boys don't want relationship hassles AND are scared of females.

ahh, poor little boys!! look at them all huddled together, trembling in fear. or, wait a minute, that's a football field and they're all laughing at how they just triggered trump into posting another stupid tweet!!!

as useless as the comment you responded to may seem to you... your is more so.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So you think repealing a law on abortion requires the unborn to be given constitutional rights?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

HA .like I need your sorry ass for wisdom huh?
If I want to SCREW something up I'LL stick a damn FEMINIST there.
No not really woman, I got one who didn't run.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join