It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone opposed to the hard right propaganda, please stop debating BS..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Luck yes, and pauses between reloads, even a few seconds, is part of luck.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ask Fury Texan how many guns he has.

If its anything like North Canad who are big on hunting and recreation, he probably owns no less than 5.

I find it much more likely that a gun sale surge would be from previous gun owners buying more than a surge in the number of gun owners. I think any gun owner would likely agree.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Then don't support proposals for bans on new assault rifles.

That's called a gun ban, last time I checked.

you can't own a functional, 50-cal. machine gun either...that's a gun ban last time I checked

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I'd take a moment to actually reply to you, but you seem more interested in insults than in discussion.

You know what they say: if someone has to resort to insults, they've already lost the debate.

Ill accept your admission of inadquate response. Thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd take a moment to actually reply to you, but you seem more interested in insults than in discussion.

You know what they say: if someone has to resort to insults, they've already lost the debate.

Ill accept your admission of inadquate response. Thanks for playing.

Taking issue with the things you hold dear is not an insult if you were actually willing to debate it. It's not like I'm going after your hair color or physic or anything you don't have any control over.

The only "insult" I recall is saying Canada is civilized or that your macho. Both are observations based on what you say and your behavior that you deemed respectable.

It is NOT respectable to expect to kill anyone for any reason unless you are at war at home or abroad. If you can't handle that some people might hold that belief then go ahead and keep ignoring them cause there is no argument you can give that would justify it.

You have no debate.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If you want to mock my replies ('macho", really? calling my nation uncivilized? Really?) then there is no need to discuss. Try to regain your high ground...it won't work.

My state laws give me the authority to shoot/kill anyone who breaks into my home. If someone doesn't like that, they shouldn't break into my home.

In actuality, at night I don't even have to wait for them to come inside. And once they flee, I can shoot them in the back. This is the law of our state. The only people who tend to find issue with it are criminals.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

If you want to mock my replies ('macho", really? calling my nation uncivilized? Really?) then there is no need to discuss. Try to regain your high ground...it won't work.

My state laws give me the authority to shoot/kill anyone who breaks into my home. If someone doesn't like that, they shouldn't break into my home.

In actuality, at night I don't even have to wait for them to come inside. And once they flee, I can shoot them in the back. This is the law of our state. The only people who tend to find issue with it are criminals.

Well excuse me but the fact that is allowed and has been for hundreds of years makes the laws uncivilized and the fact that you are so hyped to execute that right makes you macho. You really can't see that?!?!

I am allowed to defend my home too but not at the risk of children in the house or the public's risk as grub and shoot them in the back as they escape through my yard.
That is some old school cowboy # and I find it extremely uncivilized.

You know You are on the internet and there are more countries in the world than the US right? We don't all have to see things as you do and there is reason why many don't.

"If you want my guns come and get them" has to be the most savage and tyrannical phrase i have heard in the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Well excuse me but the fact that is allowed and has been for hundreds of years makes the laws uncivilized and the fact that you are so hyped to execute that right makes you macho. You really can't see that?!?!

I am allowed to defend my home too but not at the risk of children in the house or the public's risk as grub and shoot them in the back as they escape through my yard.

You know You are on the internet and there are more countries in the world than the US right? We don't all have to see things as you do and there is reason why many don't.

"If you want my guns come and get them" has to be the most savage and tyrannical phrase i have heard in the 21st century.

Well..."Come and Take It" is a state motto that has fairly deep significance to us. SO there's that.

To me it is far more tyrannical for someone to second guess how I choose to fight for my life. Some folks may want to take a moment to chat up the stranger standing in their home. Me? I realize that any pause in my response can cost me my life. So its a simple binary test: is this person supposed to be in my home? If not, point and shoot. Anyone who doesn't want to leave my house in a body bag had best make sure they were invited to begin with.

This all stems from natural law. Like most rights. We have a right to feel secure in our home (or den, or nest, or whatever it is we are using).

I don't mind you not seeing things as I do. What I mind is you ridiculing it as if you are superior somehow.

ETA: missed the opening paragraph....

It is not uncivilized to have a Castle Doctrine. It is human. We have a right to be secure in our home. And much of our country lives rural, remote lives. It would be tyrannical to second guess people living in situations you are unfamiliar with. And I am not hyped to do anything. I am talking about the topic here. What i am saying here is not something you see me say often. You are creating the "hype" in your own mind. Im just stating the law, and what my limited training has taught me.
edit on 10/9/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That's fine, as long as you realize that's not why they're alive.

Magazine limit laws do nothing. This is part of why we can never get anywhere on this issue. The anti-gun nuts get you so focused on something that doesn't even matter you're distracted from the real issues. The more info comes out about this guy, the more it becomes clear he had an undiagnosed mental illness.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Ask Fury Texan how many guns he has.

If its anything like North Canad who are big on hunting and recreation, he probably owns no less than 5.

I find it much more likely that a gun sale surge would be from previous gun owners buying more than a surge in the number of gun owners. I think any gun owner would likely agree.

We actually wouldn't agree, because most of us know lots of other gun owners, and most of them only own 1 or 2. I own 6, but I'm an anomaly.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I own 9 myself. My 20 year old son owns 4 more and lives with me.

Ill tell you, folks breaking in my house would rather be shot than have me grab the flail and go after them. Its got a 6 foot steel pole, and 6 spiked steel balls dangling off of chains on the end. Or a sword. Or just let the dogs loose on them.

Shooting is a pretty humane way to go when you really compare the alternatives.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Among the available death penalty methods in the US, I'd rather be executed in Utah so I could choose the firing squad.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well..."Come and Take It" is a state motto that has fairly deep significance to us. SO there's that.

To me it is far more tyrannical for someone to second guess how I choose to fight for my life. Some folks may want to take a moment to chat up the stranger standing in their home. Me? I realize that any pause in my response can cost me my life. So its a simple binary test: is this person supposed to be in my home? If not, point and shoot. Anyone who doesn't want to leave my house in a body bag had best make sure they were invited to begin with.

This all stems from natural law. Like most rights. We have a right to feel secure in our home (or den, or nest, or whatever it is we are using).

I don't mind you not seeing things as I do. What I mind is you ridiculing it as if you are superior somehow.

ETA: missed the opening paragraph....

It is not uncivilized to have a Castle Doctrine. It is human. We have a right to be secure in our home. And much of our country lives rural, remote lives. It would be tyrannical to second guess people living in situations you are unfamiliar with. And I am not hyped to do anything. I am talking about the topic here. What i am saying here is not something you see me say often. You are creating the "hype" in your own mind. Im just stating the law, and what my limited training has taught me.

You stand behind a law that allows you to do something and then give inuetos that you will shoot anyone that changes the law and tries to enforce it.

That's tyrannical

You do have a right to be in a secure home but arming yourself is the oldest trick in the book and that's why I call it uncivilized.

It's easy to say that what you believe is right when your holding a gun and willing to use it, Isn't it?

Your mentality is that of a Surrey crack dealer where 8 come from.

Enjoy your "greatest nation on earth" where common citizens think like Canada's ghetto thugs lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Double

edit on pMon, 09 Oct 2017 13:28:46 -05002017 146Mon, 09 Oct 2017 13:28:46 -0500pmAmerica/ChicagoMonday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

you can't own a functional, 50-cal. machine gun either...that's a gun ban last time I checked

well that's just not true, under the NFA you can get a class II stamp and if you can find one that you can afford, live in a state that allows ownership you can own a M2 Browning .50 cal.

edit on 9-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

i was right the first time, it's a class II.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You stand behind a law that allows you to do something and then give inuetos that you will shoot anyone that changes the law and tries to enforce it.

That's tyrannical

No, tyrannical is removing the ability of a man to defend himself. That is tyrannical. If people want to make laws that suppress my rights, you have to expect that ill ignore those laws as much as I can.

Nonetheless, I didn't say anywhere that someone can come and take anything. Other than reporting what our state motto is. So it is irrelevant.

You do have a right to be in a secure home but arming yourself is the oldest trick in the book and that's why I call it uncivilized.

It's easy to say that what you believe is right when your holding a gun and willing to use it, Isn't it?

Enjoy your "greatest nation on earth" where common citizens think like Canada's ghetto thugs lol.

Do you have a better "trick" than to prepare to defend your home? I mean...what are you suggesting here? Is there some magic im not familiar with?

My mentality is that of a man who will not be made a victim. Period. You can think whatever you want of that. But I will not be made a victim. Period.

FWIW, the US isn't the greatest nation on Earth. I don't think there are really any "great" nations on Earth. Maybe that is the problem: we all wallow in the lackluster and argue about which is more shiney when none of them actually shine? I dunno...but im glad you find Canada to be so wonderful. Too bad you think so little of the US. But thats cool...i only tolerate it until another habitable planet opens up.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

well that's just not true, under the NFA you can get a class II stamp and if you can find one that you can afford, live in a state that allows ownership you can own a M2 Browning .50 cal.

i was right the first time, it's a class II.

I stand corrected, thanks....how would this be used for home protection, other than an invading army?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Today it's mostly a novelty for collectors. But that's not up to you or I to decide. If someone legally owns it and wants to use it for home defense, that's their right. Folks really need to get it out of their head that just because they think "you don't need x, y or z" that that should be codified in law.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That's tyrannical

No, tyrannical is removing the ability of a man to defend himself. That is tyrannical. If people want to make laws that suppress my rights, you have to expect that ill ignore those laws as much as I can.

Nonetheless, I didn't say anywhere that someone can come and take anything. Other than reporting what our state motto is. So it is irrelevant.

Do you have a better "trick" than to prepare to defend your home? I mean...what are you suggesting here? Is there some magic im not familiar with?

My mentality is that of a man who will not be made a victim. Period. You can think whatever you want of that. But I will not be made a victim. Period.

FWIW, the US isn't the greatest nation on Earth. I don't think there are really any "great" nations on Earth. Maybe that is the problem: we all wallow in the lackluster and argue about which is more shiney when none of them actually shine? I dunno...but im glad you find Canada to be so wonderful. Too bad you think so little of the US. But thats cool...i only tolerate it until another habitable planet opens up.

hey BFFT.....wouldn't a semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun coupled with a handgun be enough for home defense?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I stand corrected, thanks....how would this be used for home protection, other than an invading army?

didn't say anything about home defense. just corrected your statement.
but if you think about it, pretty much the same as any other, aim and shoot, plus use short controlled bursts. you don't have to spray to be effective with a machine gun, or automatic weapon.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join