It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone opposed to the hard right propaganda, please stop debating BS..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yeah, there would just be the Democrat progressive cult party, just like they have in North korea.

Government worshipers do not, and will not win the prize. Thus their anger.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I reread the reports about Lanza and you are right. Dear god, he went through 3 magazines on those babies? That just pisses me off.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am all in favor of hearing ideas that would stop mass shootings and inner city violence, while maintaining the ordinary, law-abiding citizen's right to keep and bear arms.
edit on 8-10-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

BWAHAHAHA..

Why would they be government worshippers if they actually believed in Christianity?!?!

Because eternal torment sounds soooo good?!?!

Lmao..

The only satanic cults are groups of atheists poking fun at people like you....

You are the butt of their joke...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I’m guessing you didn’t actually read the bill as it says exactly what o said..

The only thing EVER proposed is a ban on NEW assault rifles....

Did you miss the part where it said all those brought before the designation, remain legal???

Or were you intentionally peddling propaganda??

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

You should have actually read the link before deciding it was proof of whatever propaganda mongers are peddling this week..

EXACTLY as I said it would only cover the NEW sale of of assault rifles.. leaving the millions still in the population perfectly legal...

So this was proof of what again???

Lol..

If you guys put about a table spoon of deductive reasoning into your world view . This blantant propaganda wouldn’t dupe you so easily..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And the risk of being over prepared and scared of your own shadow is the death of a family member or loved one...

What is the mathematical chance you actually have a burglary on any given night???

Maybe once or twice per lifetime???

Now added to that, what is the chance the burglars actually intend to do you harm??

Maybe once in ten or 20 life times???

A stranger attacking you is one of the least likely homacides.

It’s almosy always a spouse or friend... or your spouses friend lol..

For I real world example..

My roommate is a retired cop, who keeps his pistol within arms reach most of the time.. even taking it to the bathroom with him because he heard somewhere that you are most vulnerable on the toilet (duh..) .

I promise you he is WAY more likely to have a bad dream. Then wake up and think he hears an intruder. Look down the hallway and see something that makes him think I am already home and asleep. Then blow my head off as I round the corner after getting a coke..

Justifiable homicides are super rare.. and of those you gotta think at least a percentage . The victim wasn’t actually willing to hurt anyone. He was only willing to steal a TV..

So America having 3 or 4 guns per person to protect against an event that for most people is a million to one.. isn’t really logical under that justification.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

And the risk of being over prepared and scared of your own shadow is the death of a family member or loved one...

"Over prepared" is a nonsensical term. One cannot be over prepared. Its binary. You are prepared or you ar not.

The reat of that is a blend of slippery slope and appeal to emotuon.

What is the mathematical chance you actually have a burglary on any given night???

In my life the only gun death ive known is a suicide. But i have known of 4 home invasions.

My home burglarized 3 times when i luved near more crime.

Ive killed a 200lb hog in my yard after hearing my kids scream outside.

My risk evaluation seems pretty reasonable given my own life experiences

Now added to that, what is the chance the burglars actually intend to do you harm??

Now that i do not care about. If you break in my house you will die. No mincing words here. I will remove anyone who breaks into my home from the population. As per state law.

Maybe once in ten or 20 life times???

A 5% to 10% chance of having a home invasion in my lifetime....seems pretty risky for someone who plans to die of natural causes instead of being bound and tortured.

A stranger attacking you is one of the least likely homacides.

It’s almosy always a spouse or friend... or your spouses friend lol..

For I real world example..

My roommate is a retired cop, who keeps his pistol within arms reach most of the time.. even taking it to the bathroom with him because he heard somewhere that you are most vulnerable on the toilet (duh..) .

I promise you he is WAY more likely to have a bad dream. Then wake up and think he hears an intruder. Look down the hallway and see something that makes him think I am already home and asleep. Then blow my head off as I round the corner after getting a coke..

Justifiable homicides are super rare.. and of those you gotta think at least a percentage . The victim wasn’t actually willing to hurt anyone. He was only willing to steal a TV..

So America having 3 or 4 guns per person to protect against an event that for most people is a million to one.. isn’t really logical under that justification.

I have guns as tools. When those tools are needed i will use them. Wild animals. Recreation. Food. Protection. A feeling of security.

When someone breaks into your home what they intend is irrelevant. They need to die. Because in that moment your only risk assessment should be based on worst case scenario. Anything else is not being prepared

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

A) What?!?!

So if your thinking your gonna need 6 employees, so you schedule a couple extra, but then it turns out you only needed 4. You paid 50% more labor than you needed..

Aka it hurt you to be OVER PREPARED..

Look it even has a dictionary definition..

“To prepare excessively; to make ready more than is necessary for a specific future purpose.
Read more at www.yourdictionary.com...

B) 4 burglaries out of how many people and how many nights??

Of those 4 burglaries, how many ended in homacides??

How many were actually perpetrated by hardened criminals??
How many were perpetrated by the idiot kids next door??

C) even if it turns out to be the teenager from next door who you have watched grow up since infancy??

Even when in hind sight you knew the kid would have pissed his pants and started crying the second he realized he was caught??

Because that’s who does the VAST majority or burglaries..

Or what about one of your own children or your kids’ little boyfriend/girlfriend sneaking in or out??

D) So using your math, which seems very reasonable..

So a 5-10% chance divided by what?? Conservatively only MAYBE .5% of burglars would do the burglary victim harm..

I’m not great at math, but a .5% of a ten percent chance, AT BEST...

Out of 350 million Americans, I think there are only like 10 cases a year of a homeowner justifiable killing an intruder and likely only one or two of those was the homeowner in danger..

We are all in ten times more danger every time we touch the interstate..

Even cops , messing with the worst case scenarios are in far more danger on the interstate than on a call..

Conclusion..

When people threaten your life or the life of others they need to die..

I don’t find it far fetched at al to confirm a threat before shooting. I’ll take a one in a million risk before I injure or kill a loved one because I’m scary..

The conclusion I came to from watching Michael Moore’s gun documentary, wasn’t that it is guns.. Canada has plenty of guns , but not even remotely as much violence.

The problem is the media has us shooting at shadows.. the only stories we hear are of rapey seriel killers. When that is rarely the reality ..

The reality is a burglar is most likely just a kid that is a thief and no physical threat to anyone..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A) What?!?!

So if your thinking your gonna need 6 employees, so you schedule a couple extra, but then it turns out you only needed 4. You paid 50% more labor than you needed..

I'd call that underprepared. Didn't do enough to understand resource requirements and get the numbers right.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

A) What?!?!

Look it even has a dictionary definition..

“To prepare excessively; to make ready more than is necessary for a specific future purpose.
Read more at www.yourdictionary.com...

Are we talking business, or life and death scenarios here?

When your life hangs in the balance, you cannot over prepare. You can only prepare to little. If we are to talk business, you would schedule to forecast, then manage it from there. If youa ren't forecasting, then you aren't prepared. If you schedule beyond forecast you are negligent. If you schedule under forecast you aren't prepared.

B) 4 burglaries out of how many people and how many nights??

Of those 4 burglaries, how many ended in homacides??

How many were actually perpetrated by hardened criminals??
How many were perpetrated by the idiot kids next door??

Im not measuring success on surviving each night. Im measuring success on not ending up bound, gagged, and tortured. Im measuring success on knowing that when I lay my head down to sleep, my sleep will not be interrupted by a life and death struggle.

Its a lifetime measurement. It seems strange to measure it any other way. If you put other methods of victimization in place of home invasion, it just sounds silly. "How many nights does a person go without being raped...why would they need protection".

C) even if it turns out to be the teenager from next door who you have watched grow up since infancy??

Even when in hind sight you knew the kid would have pissed his pants and started crying the second he realized he was caught??

Because that’s who does the VAST majority or burglaries..

That is unfortunate. But consider: someone can close a 20 foot gap on your before you can raise your weapon to fire. And if you don't drop them in a single shot, the likelyhood of you dying int hat exchange dramatically increases.

Or what about one of your own children or your kids’ little boyfriend/girlfriend sneaking in or out??

My oldest is 26 and doesn't have a key to my house. He lives hours away. My youngest....he doesn't have to sneak. He's 20 years old and would tell you the same thing I am telling you. If i walk into a room at night and see an unfamiliar face, they will likely die.

D) So using your math, which seems very reasonable..

So a 5-10% chance divided by what?? Conservatively only MAYBE .5% of burglars would do the burglary victim harm..

I’m not great at math, but a .5% of a ten percent chance, AT BEST...

Maybe you are right. You might get out alive. But that 5% to 10% gets divided by nothing.

If you are wrong, you are dead. Have you ever read the stories of people who survived stuff like the BTK killer? Have you ever read the stories of the crime scenes, and what they lived through?

If someone is in my house without my permission, their motive is irrelevant. Why is this so hard to understand. You don't get a "do over". You don't get to use hind sight. You don't get to second guess. You have a choice: defend your home and your life, or hope that they are just delivering an Edible Arrangement and a teddy bear. The risk of being wrong is torture and death. Sorry...but even if there is a half a percent chance, when its my pulse we are talking about, that is too much risk.

Out of 350 million Americans, I think there are only like 10 cases a year of a homeowner justifiable killing an intruder and likely only one or two of those was the homeowner in danger..

Citation needed, please.

We are all in ten times more danger every time we touch the interstate..

Never been in an auto accident. Been burglarized 3 times. My risk assessment won't be swayed by this.

Even cops , messing with the worst case scenarios are in far more danger on the interstate than on a call..

Conclusion..

When people threaten your life or the life of others they need to die..

I don’t find it far fetched at al to confirm a threat before shooting. I’ll take a one in a million risk before I injure or kill a loved one because I’m scary..

Appeal to emotion does nothing to sway me.

The conclusion I came to from watching Michael Moore’s gun documentary, wasn’t that it is guns.. Canada has plenty of guns , but not even remotely as much violence.

Really, man? Michael Moore's gun documentary? This is what im arguing against? LOL, MIchael Moore?

The problem is the media has us shooting at shadows.. the only stories we hear are of rapey seriel killers. When that is rarely the reality ..

The reality is a burglar is most likely just a kid that is a thief and no physical threat to anyone..

The reality is, MIchael Moore is a moron that makes money off of sensationalising hot button topics and then selling it as a documentary. Ill now need citations for any statistic you are trying to quote. This should be a blast. LOL
edit on 10/9/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

A) What?!?!

I'd call that underprepared. Didn't do enough to understand resource requirements and get the numbers right.

That is what we call it in my line of work. If you are over staffed its because your forecast was inadequate.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I reread the reports about Lanza and you are right. Dear god, he went through 3 magazines on those babies? That just pisses me off.

That's terrible. But do you see my point? Making him change magazines 9 or 10 times instead of 3 would have accomplished nothing. It doesn't stop shooters, it doesn't even appreciably slow them down. It's simply a feel-good measure scumbag politicians propose to get you distracted instead of focusing on the real issues.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You should have actually read the link before deciding it was proof of whatever propaganda mongers are peddling this week..

EXACTLY as I said it would only cover the NEW sale of of assault rifles.. leaving the millions still in the population perfectly legal...

So this was proof of what again???

Lol..

If you guys put about a table spoon of deductive reasoning into your world view . This blantant propaganda wouldn’t dupe you so easily..

I did read it. And it's not propaganda. Such an "assault weapons ban" would be a useless measure that would have no effect on crime rates or mass shootings, just like last time. It's simply to make the "omg do something!" crowd feel like they've saved lives, when in fact all they've done is let themselves be tricked. Propose something that would actually help. A ban on new semi-auto rifles would have no effect, we know this because we've tried it and we have the data. A magazine limit would have no effect, we know this because shooters already change magazines multiple times during pretty much every mass shooting we've seen in recent times.

Proposing a solution requires people actually learn something about this subject instead of just spewing brainless talking points, but unfortunately most anti-gun extremists are vehemently opposed to getting educated on this issue, or letting anyone else get educated on it.
edit on 9 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

But I watched LV survivors interviews. I heard several say that they ran for safety during the pause.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I addressed that. They said they ran when they heard silence and hid when they heard shooting. The idea that when he starts shooting again you could safely get to cover if he was aiming at you is asinine. You can't outrun bullets. They were the lucky ones, that is all. He couldn't shoot everyone at once. He only stopped firing for a few seconds at a time. You couldn't get out of the kill zone by the time he resumed firing, so him having to change mags didn't save your life, statistics did.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

"Over prepared" is a nonsensical term. One cannot be over prepared. Its binary. You are prepared or you ar not.

I remember a quote from a children's cartoon that fits this perfectly.

"One often meets his destiny on the path to avoid it"

I think in America, there will always be a relation between the number of weapons owned by law abiding citizens and the number that of weapons being used to commit offenses.

You seem to be of the belief that losing 1 raises the threat of the other but I am not so sure that is true.

In my life the only gun death ive known is a suicide. But i have known of 4 home invasions.

My home burglarized 3 times when i luved near more crime.

Ive killed a 200lb hog in my yard after hearing my kids scream outside.

My risk evaluation seems pretty reasonable given my own life experiences

I beat an armed home invader with a drywall hatchet once. I'm not sure what condition his hand was left in but holding a gun is going to be a problem for him.

And let me tell you, here in Canada, when police get a call about a armed home invasion against a tax payer... there are A LOT of cruisers suddenly popping up and someone is going to jail. Even I thought it was overboard...

People in rural areas should never be without fire arms.

Now that i do not care about. If you break in my house you will die. No mincing words here. I will remove anyone who breaks into my home from the population. As per state law.

Your so macho!! No wonder simple thieves carry guns. My house was mistakes for the grow op discovered 2 doors down so my intruders came in like I might been armed but usual home invasions are just simple thieves breaking and entering.

I'm glad Live in a country where someone's bad decisions not meant cause anyone else any physical harm doesn't forefit their lives.

A 5% to 10% chance of having a home invasion in my lifetime....seems pretty risky for someone who plans to die of natural causes instead of being bound and tortured.

I thought you were a macho man?!?!? Now you sound like your scared of your own shadow.

I have guns as tools. When those tools are needed i will use them. Wild animals. Recreation. Food. Protection. A feeling of security.

When someone breaks into your home what they intend is irrelevant. They need to die. Because in that moment your only risk assessment should be based on worst case scenario. Anything else is not being prepared

We have to keep our ammunition locked away from the weapon for children safety. See here, in a civilized, less macho country, the risk of a childs curiosity is more prevalent than the risk of someone entering your home. And besides it's the robbers walking into a dark and unfamiliar place. You don't need a gun to have the advantage and most people that are worried for their own reasons have these new cutting edge technologies called.... wait for it.... HOME ALARMS!!!

A little expensive but far worth the expense when thinking about leaving curious children in a house with loaded weapons.

It's ironic that Americans that don't want to give up their guns also use the the phrase "they will not give up their freedoms for temporary safety"... think about that...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I think in America, there will always be a relation between the number of weapons owned by law abiding citizens and the number that of weapons being used to commit offenses.

Unfortunately for you, that is factually incorrect. As the number of weapons has doubled per capita, the number of gun crimes per capita has not risen with it. There's simply no correlation. If you're wrong about that, what else are you wrong about? Something to think about.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Unfortunately for you, that is factually incorrect. As the number of weapons has doubled per capita, the number of gun crimes per capita has not risen with it. There's simply no correlation. If you're wrong about that, what else are you wrong about? Something to think about.

Has the number of gun owners risen? The police know exactly how many illegal weapons are used to commit crimes?

Are you suggesting that the increase in gun sales has lowered gun crimes? wHell then... keep buying them. You got those criminals on the run then don't you?

How is Chicago doing these days?...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

There's no way to know the actual ownership rate, since there's no national registry and many gun owners are suspicious of polls asking if they owns guns, so they lie. However:

Most people I know that own a gun only own 1. Anecdotally, I'm confident this isn't simply a result of a handful of gun nuts buying lots of guns. For one, guns are expensive, and many people simply can't afford to buy all those guns.

In your defense, your confusion on the issue is understandable, considering most of the sources of info most people have are biased anti-gunners.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join