It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone opposed to the hard right propaganda, please stop debating BS..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I agree the debate is pointless, but for different reasons as you. I don't debate with gun grabbing democrats bc A. to take my guns you're gonna have to mount up and come get them which the whole knows you're too friitloop to do but if you find the coursge to try you'll end up dead B. democrats are the bottom feeders of our society. The freaks, geeks, trigender, cat lady, hipster vegan, losers. All you can do is post your fantasy on the net but in real world you get steamrolled like gutter trash fruitcake beta boy you really are. Nothing you can do about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Actually lots of public officials have proposed bans. They're pushing right now for an "assault weapons" ban, meaning any weapon they arbitrarily deem scary based on nonsense criteria. And there have been people who have proposed confiscation, such as President Obama, who said we should take a look at Australia's program. The Aussie program was a ban, followed by confiscation.

So yeah, don't lie please. We can't have a thoughtful discussion if you lie.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I really must ask what I said that was not respectful?

And honestly, do you think that lawmaker don't overreact?

I never said you were being disrespectful.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
it's not fantasy though and history has shown exactly what happens when a population has been disarmed, it always results in abuse and oppression at some point in time, and it's only a matter of time before people from the western nations who have done it will come to regret handing over that power.
in all those western nations liberty and freedom is being whittled away at bit by bit and they are too blinded by peace, prosperity and arrogance of what the state declares a superior way of life to see the truth. always using our problems to point out how much better they are doing things and how we need to change, how our country is backwards, inferior or how we are all stupid for not following everyone else.

many of us refuse that and refuse to let fear and irrationality destroy what we have worked so hard for, maybe our ways aren't perfect but that's the point of our system, to understand that humanity is imperfect and that no law made by man can ever fix everything, that sometimes refusing to change laws or even make new laws when under distress is for the best in the long run regardless how wonderful it might appear elsewhere.

it's not right wing or hard right propaganda as you put it, it's called being vigilant of human nature, and vigilance is a key foundation of a free state, and without it a free state is doomed to failure.

america is not perfect but at least we don't pretend that things are perfect and we are always trying out new things even if it takes us decades or centuries to figure things out, eventually the world will see the truth of america and realize how foolishly hasty they have been, our vigilance will pay off as long as we don't give in to what the world wants of us.

it might seem greener in other western nations but what is under that greenery and is the soil really more fertile? will that greenery be torn out suddenly because a storm hit or will it stand despite the storm.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You are making the very large assumption that people are willing to believe politicians.
If a democrat says they only want tougher background checks, and not to ban guns, why would anyone believe them?
Especially when people like Feinstein are on record 'wishing' she could pass a law to get Americans to 'turn them all in'.

There is a slippery slope alright - you get onto it by believing the politicians and giving them licence to move to the next stage.

It's quite amazing you can call distrust of politicians 'hard right propaganda'.

In the last 20 years, the US govt (both right and left) took the 911 disaster and created the biggest and most intrusive surveillance state in the history of the earth, whilst nodding dogs sat obediently and yelped 'oh, yes, please keep me safe'... here we are in the modern day and you are asking people to give up more. You better hope that 'hard right propagandists' and everyone else who values their freedoms stands firm, because the nodding dogs certainly won't.
edit on 6/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Please describe / define "hard right propaganda". Mmkthx

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How is it a ban when all the millions in the population are still legal and able to be resold???

Besides I bet that’s Not the kinda ban you’ve ever debated...

If you ha e ever once actually had a real conversation, on the real issue of a ban on new assault rifles. Please prove me wrong and post a link..

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

We have got to stop debating slippery slope arguments that no one is proposing as if they are real....

No one is talking about banning all guns , nor starting a confiscation program..

The only thing that has EVER been proposed by an actual elected official has been a ban on the NEW SALE of assault rifles. Which would grandfather in all assault rifles already in the population.

So why is anyone that considers themselves left wing or a liberal, debating weather or not to ban all guns in amerIca??

Why are we humoring that at all???

I know, I know ... they change the subject to a total ban and conversation and people on the left like to make the hypothetical argument that:

“if we had a magic geni who wished all the guns away we would be safer..”

Well ain’t no F’n genies....

It is just getting turned against us and and used as proof..

“The black helicopters are comming to get your guns!”

So imho I think people should just refuse to play that game..

Do not allow the conversation to be dragged into Lala land...

I think we should ignore whatever logical fallacy they are throwing out there and instead return to whatever the real proposal is.

Instead of making a hypothetical argument about something that isn’t going to happen. Make the arguments:

“No elected official has ever even proposed a ban nor confiscation.”

“No law enforcement body would be willing to do it.”

Exc..

They are being allowed to use a fantasy as a SUPER EFFECTIVE scare tactic, 100% because of people being willing to make those hypothetical arguments , When everyone one not a hard right conservative knows the probability of anything resembling a ban and confiscation is about as likely as the flying spagetti monster being real....

I'd say hone up on the terms before posting? Assault rifles, as in the actual definition, are not readily available to anyone.

Fantasy and scare tactics have already been used, and based in evidence from your post calling them assault rifles.

Education is very much needed from the overwhelming majority of ignorant usage of terminology spewed forth by anyone calling for such.

Kind of like the "silencer" tweet from Hillary....pure ignorance and anyone with any knowledge about SUPPRESSORS could pick apart the reasons why.

"Assault rifle" is the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don’t expect you to do anything but continue preaching tired old scare tactics that are not and were not going to ever happen in the first place,but..

Then please prove there has ever been one single concerted effort to ban all fire arms..

And OBVIOUSLY, some BS activist with no power does not count.. only elected officials.. or the equivalent.

Innuendo doesn’t count.. if they are actually trying to ban guns. It’s gonna take a lot more than innuendo...

Aren’t bills constantly proposed?? So are dems constantly filing bills to ban all the guns??

It’s ridiculous..

95% of the American people would be against it as well as most of the elected officials..

Even saying you had a realistic plan you wanted to implement would be political suicide..

It is exactly as laughable as shiria law coming to America.. which coincidentally is the same crowd.....

About the rest of your post. ...I will not be debating a gun ban with you as if it is a legit possibility...

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Thank you

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
1. Stop bringing up Australia as a viable example of anything in the discussion.

2. Stop trying to create a false sense of security by claiming that "tougher" laws are going to make a difference in situations like Las Vegas.

3. Stop implying that the right to carry is not EXACTLY the same as the right to free speech, religion, press, assembly, association, jury trial, habeas corpus, due process and equal protection of the laws.

4. Stop implying (or stating outright) that gun owners and 2A advocates are somehow less intelligent or more ignorant than you are on this topic ... in point of fact, most of them are far more knowledgeable of facts than the average gun control advocate.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The only thing that has EVER been proposed by an actual elected official has been a ban on the NEW SALE of assault rifles. Which would grandfather in all assault rifles already in the population.

I am curious, as I am not all that educated on firearms types, how many lives would have been saved, say over the last 10 years, if there where no sales of NEW assault rifles while OLD assault rifles where still in circulation?
edit on 6-10-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How is it a ban when all the millions in the population are still legal and able to be resold???

Besides I bet that’s Not the kinda ban you’ve ever debated...

If you ha e ever once actually had a real conversation, on the real issue of a ban on new assault rifles. Please prove me wrong and post a link..

Why do you want to ban new assault rifles?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I think first he needs to define just exactly what an "assault rifle" is for the context of this debate.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Anti gunners have been chipping away.

You wanna yell about slippery slope?

Start with Gun control in the Reconstruction Era, Jim Crow, and the Progressive Era of the 20th century.

I think Americans have compromised on gun rights long enough. Maybe it’s you who should take a step back.

edit on 6 10 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think first he needs to define just exactly what an "assault rifle" is for the context of this debate.

Probably anything with a barrel and a trigger.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks an AR-15, one of the so-called "assault weapons" they want to ban, is useless except for mass murder, I encourage you to give this video a watch:

Disclaimer: Yes, I know it's virtually useless to post this because some people are religiously dedicated to remaining uneducated on this topic, but I figured it was worth a try. If just one person has their eyes opened, mission accomplished.
edit on 6 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Probably anything with a barrel and a trigger.

I see, so my kid's Nerf dart guns are off limits now too?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So what would that solve?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The first problem is that there is no such thing as an assault rifle.

Any rifle that can swith from semi auto to full auto is an assault rifle. For not existing as you claim gun manufacturers make them and call them assault rifles.

www.heckler-koch.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join