It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird vibration sound in cabin on mountain near area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Time: About Midnight Nevada time tonight.

My girlfriend and I live in the Spring Mountains, and about an hour ago were sitting on the couch, in front of our wood stove reading news stories to each other. Out of nowhere, there was this very large drilling sound. Not the sound of the drill itself, but a vibratory sound about 7 feet behind the couch, in the kitchen.. She described it as if there was a drill bit hitting metal, I described it as a giant joy buzzer going off. We both had the only phones in the house in our hands at the time.

This occurred for about 2 seconds, but it scared the bejesus out of both of us. We inspected everything we could think of, and have turned up nothing.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm interested to hear your theories.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Mice.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Sounds pleasant. I woke up to several booms in the sky, don't know what it was. The gods are moving furniture again, perhaps.

Was there any construction going on in the area? Planes? Maybe check it online and do a search. Sometimes its not what we think it is. Still, I enjoyed your post!

edit on 6-10-2017 by SleepyDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Did you flush a toilet prior, or do you have a ice machine?

Water hammer makes hammer drill type sounds, if the straps on the pipes are loose at all, or the water system has pressure surges.

Added..also if you don't flush your water heater enough it does the same thing when calcium deposits build up.

I had a hammering, then explosion sound the other day from my heat-on-demand unit, turns out one of the 3 80 amp elements was fried. 80 amps was going into the water when it ran. It would pop the beaker, vibrate and sound like a gun going off. Luckily I ground it well.

sound like this?

How close is it to the water heater?
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: added

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've heard mice before and have caught dozens in my time. This was hella loud. I literally felt a vibration. This had me going outside of the house and looking around the cabin.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

We actually have one of those heat on demand units. Going to check it out now. Thanks for the idea!

The video you showed isn't the sound we heard though. We heard something for about 2 seconds and that was it. And we hadn't used the plumbing for some time. We had just been sitting here reading news articles to each other for at least 40 minutes prior to the sound.

I think the scale issue may be what we are dealing with.

Thank you for the heads up!

edit on 6-10-2017 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Mice.

Surely, you jest, Phage. Mice don't do that.
Rats do. Probably kangaroo rats hopping up and down in their subterranean abodes.
Party time, probably.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Did you check the bed?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Come on Phage. Your attempt at humor sort of failed here.

Mice scurry, ruffle wrappers, softly skirt the floors.

These folks are just wondering what an unusual noise was.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Sounds like energy... I checked to see if there was a minor eq, but there wasnt. Maybe it was something as simple as sounds coming from the pipes.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If this cabin is a vibrating don't come a..... um nvm, actually that probably just means I'm at work and the wifey is home alone.....

I better stop and get some more batteries on the way home...

edit on 6-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join