It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Route 91 shooter supposedly shot at tank near Janet terminal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
a reply to: gariac

I am by no means nor by any stretch an expert when it comes to firearms and ammunition, but wouldn't incendiary bullets have been clearly visible during the shooting? At least at night - when they hit the ground, etc.?

Shooting at night, you would want visible rounds like tracers to see where your rounds hit. Of course tracers also reveal your location. But I think in this case, there is more value in seeing where the rounds go. The incendiary round doesn't behave exactly like a tracer, but you can see where it lands. There are YouTube videos showing them in action. The first hit I got is of some Russian who is not exactly a physics wizard. He puts spray paint cans on a metal plate then hits them with the incendiary round. That sends the can flying towards him. Not a good plan!

A tracer round reveals the entire path of the projectile. Apparently the Law Vegas shooter had both available.

I've watched the AC-130 use tracers at night. It looks just like a laser beam and I suspect reports of lasers emanating from aircraft are actually just tracers. The USAF lasers are generally not visible, though the warning signs on ranges indicate both types of lasers are used.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
a reply to: gariac

I am by no means nor by any stretch an expert when it comes to firearms and ammunition, but wouldn't incendiary bullets have been clearly visible during the shooting? At least at night - when they hit the ground, etc.?

Yes they would have been and were not but there was some brief shooting, before shooting into the crowd at the concert and I think at this time the shots were toward the tanks...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join