It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met a Strange Woman giving "Spirituality Surveys"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Something very bizarre happened to me today involving a strange woman I met. It has left me very confused and slightly paranoid. I should first mention that, although I was raised in a Christian family, I am non-religious; but I do believe in a higher power.

I had the day off today and on my days off I like to go to a local park for leisurely strolls. I was on my walk and taking in the beautiful view of the changing leaves when I was approached by a woman, about mid 30's or so, who asked if I would be interested in taking a "Spirituality Survey". I normally decline offers like this but was feeling generous today so I accepted.

She asked me a few basic, non-descript questions at first but it was her last three questions that really stuck out to me. The final three were, in order:

-What do you know about God?
-What do you know about Jesus?
-On a scale of one to ten, how interested are you in meeting God?

The last one in particular caught me off-guard but I still answered them. After the last question she thanked me, said goodbye, turned in the opposite direction of me and walked away. I started my walk again, still pondering what just happened, but I quickly decided I had some questions for her. I turned around to call for her but she was nowhere to be found. I yelled out "Excuse me!", "Miss!?", and "Hello?!" But didn't get a response. It hadn't been more than 15-seconds since we parted ways and it was like she vanished without a trace.

Keep in mind this was a fairly wide open section of the park. The only way she could have disappeared from my field of view in such a short period of time would be if she had literally started sprinting after she turned away from me, and even then she'd have to be fast as hell to pull it off.. I won't rule that out but the fact that she more-or-less disappeared really freaked me out and had me thinking about her "survey" even more.

Specifically the last question. Why would her survey end with asking how badly I wanted to meet God? Does this lady know something I don't? And I about to meet God? Am I going to die soon? Who was this woman and what are her motives? Was she sent by God? Was she God?

Anyway, I just wanted to share my story and get it off my chest.
edit on 5-10-2017 by bigsnowman because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
well ya know there is long line of your family watching along with a cloud of hosts......give up on the worldly view is your message.....you won't die.....just join your family since there is no death...you're in a special time....the end of the epoch...see it like God sees it sorta

edit on 5-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Something very bizarre happened to me today involving a strange woman I met. It has left me very confused and slightly paranoid. I should first mention that, although I was raised in a Christian family, I am non-religious; but I do believe in a higher power.

I had the day off today and on my days off I like to go to a local park for leisurely strolls. I was on my walk and taking in the beautiful view of the changing leaves when I was approached by a woman, about mid 30's or so,

Did you have any kind of "feeling" when she was around or while talking to her? I mean like a good feeling or a weird feeling? Or just like talking to a random person?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

That could have been an angel. And before you think that is ridiculous, it isn't at all. Because for some reason human beings are very important to and loved very strongly by God. These kinds of things do happen to people.

You might want to remember that no matter what you have done in the past, or how you feel now isn't as important as the action you take now to make changes for your spiritual well being. This may have been a message for you that it isn't to late and that God is waiting for you, and wanting you to consider these things for your future.

link   
Probably just a strange coincidence, but I keep tabs on eschatology because I am really fascinated by it and prophecy in general.

It's not an uncommon thought that we are running out of time here. Of course, no one knows completely accurately if that's the reality, but it's a pretty accepted position.

If it worries you too much, try to re-establish your relationship with God. Understand, as a Christian, I cannot in good conscience tell you to find a any faith tradition you are comfortable with, but I'm sure others will be along who will advise as much. You'll have to do what you feel you need to. We each have our path to walk in life.

And if you end up arriving back without any faith ... well, that's an option too.

I guess it depends on how much you feel you've experienced something supernatural or just was the victim of a strange quirk of circumstance.

link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I had a bit of a "weird feeling", yes. I wouldn't describe it as positive or negative. It certainly wasn't a bad feeling just very, very strange.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I consider myself being pretty spiritual I've been recently going on what you would call a journey but I'm in no position to conclude on anything, especially for you, I can only speculate. Perhaps what you experienced whether it was an angel, god or just a very mysterious woman I believe it was meant to happen.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That is indeed strange. As soon as I saw the thread title in the new list (before I read your post) I immediately thought of 'that strange woman I once encountered and how she vanished without a trace'. Mine was a different topic. Years later though I would think is this when the strange events began? She had dark hair, in her late twenties.

Back to your encounter. I think she might be a JW. Asking about meeting God is not an omen you are about to die, but her seeing if you could be interested in joining the church to "meet God"

It's almost like she had a hypnotic hold over you with the same way you did just what I did, tried to summon her back, but she was just gone in impossible ways. I wanted to say " what did you just do to me? You did something to me. How dare you penetrate my mind like that?!" I don't know why I thought that but I did and needed her to come back and explain. She was really weird.

Not sure how yours felt. It just reminded me so much

So I do think she was soliciting religion to you. Or she was just a nutcase messing with people. Maybe try googling it to see if others have taken this "religious survey"

I've come across a few oddballs in my life like this. They're out there.

edit on 5-10-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think in the end you are going to have to decide if this was a genuine experience or not. Only you had it, so only you know how it all felt and what the circumstances were.

Generally speaking, experiences will make themselves known.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

It's almost like she had a hypnotic hold over you with the same way you did just what I did, tried to summon her back, but she was just gone in impossible ways. I wanted to say " what did you just do to me? You did something to me. How dare you penetrate my mind like that?!" I don't know why I thought that but I did and needed her to come back and explain. She was really weird.

Woah, that's crazy. That's exactly the way I felt.

I considered the fact she could be a JW but most JW's I've encountered, if not ALL of them, have made their motives known and tried to solicit me to join their church. This lady finished her survey and immediately left me alone.

I'm likely over-thinking all of this but it was such an odd experience that I can't stop thinking about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'm more interested in how you answered those last three questions. Care to share?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Good Angels don't go around taking surveys. They act as messengers from God and will always inform you of that. They don't go around doing just anything. They are on important business. Gods Business.
Bad Angels like to do mischief, cause anxiety, pain, sorrow, loss, anger, and all that kind of stuff.

Did that lady say " Do you know that God has a name? And did she have a Watchtower magazine under her arm? Or Awake magazine.
The JW are afraid of me, because I know a bunch of Gods names. He has a lot of them too. Lilly of the Valley, Emanuel. Jesus, Jehova, The Word, The Holy Spirit, The Prince of Peace..... And many more

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sounds like Mormons or Jehovah Witness.
No offense meant at all...to anyone
Those 2 groups known to do things like this
If you are going to answer , answer with truth and seriousness.

Not like me.....

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ok, I feel moved to share my own encounter, back in 2005. I arrived at the bus terminal to pick up my brother, but his bus was running behind. I went outside to smoke a cig while I waited.

I wasn't out there more than a couple minutes when this old Hispanic gentleman suddenly approached me. He told me that he was trying to get enough money for bus fare back home and he was having trouble acquiring it. He spoke very formally to me, and there was an energy about him that I cannot really articulate.

He reached into his coat and pulled out this gorgeous gold crucifix on a heavy gold chain...very ornate and detailed...it looked old and handcrafted. I was mortified when I realized he was trying to sell this obviously valuable necklace for the thirty bucks he was shy of his bus fare. Like...it seriously upset me, more than it should have, given that he was a complete stranger.

I told him to put that away before someone saw it and tried to jump him for it. I knew I had some cash in my car, but I wasn't sure how much. I asked him to wait while I went to get it.

I'm no stranger to synchronicity, so I wasn't particularly surprised to find that the amount of cash I had was thirty dollars. Clearly, he was meant to have it. I walked back to him with the money and handed it to him. His head had been down previously while we spoke, and I figured he was embarrassed or shy or both, but when he took the money he looked directly at me.

He had the kindest eyes I have ever seen. And they sparkled. I found myself unable to look away. And I will never forget those eyes, or what he said to me. He asked me why I wouldn't take the crucifix. I told him, "That jewel is worth far more than thirty dollars, and I want you to keep it. I have everything I need and I'm getting paid tomorrow."

He leaned closer to me and asked, "So you are willing to give me your money without taking anything in return?", and I said yes. "Even though you don't know me or if I'm even telling you the truth?" Yes, again. He asked me why. I told him because I didn't need that thirty dollars and I wanted to make sure he got home safely...and that I wanted to be certain that he wouldn't pull out that crucifix anymore because it was dangerous.

He just stared into my eyes for a few seconds and then he smiled at me. He told me, "You will be repaid for your kindness, ten times over." At that exact moment, I heard my brother calling my name and I looked over to see him already walking my way. I turned back to tell the man goodbye...and he wasn't there. Just vanished.

A couple of months later, I ran into a pretty bad financial difficulty when my car broke down. I was able to get it fixed, but had no money left for groceries and gas. I had just balanced my check book and went online to double check my balance against the figure on my account summary.

I actually felt lightheaded when I saw the balance online. It was precisely $300 more than what was supposed to be in there. Ten times the amount that I gave that kind old man.

He wasn't actually just an old man at all, and I think I knew it when he was standing in front of me, but I was absolutely stunned by the realization when I saw my bank balance. Angel, ET...whatever he was, he tested me that day.

Maybe your encounter was something similar...not a survey at all, but a test. Maybe the lady was an angel, or something like it. It's a great story, and reminded me so much of my own. Thank you for sharing it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
These are great everyone, thanks for sharing and thanks to OP for starting it off! Very cool that we can corroborate this with several other personal experiences. Even if this is all just coincidence, this is all still valuable. That being said I think that these are too much to be just coincidence. Awesome.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If you can't stop thinking about it, it obviously has some significance to it. Only you know how it made you feel. I wouldn't worry about it being a warning of death though. You'll drive yourself crazy thinking that.

You're right the JW's are a bit more direct and would have given you a booklet.

I suppose she could have been some sort of messenger though.
Perhaps even, the rest of us have had spiritual tests done on us & it was more subtle and we didn't even notice. Does it in some way make you feel a bit closer to God, as in you believe more now? Like it made you feel you got in touch with Him in some way.

There was another incident I had that was spiritual amd it had a great impact on me at the time. I was going through a tough time, very traumatized over an event. I'd just seen a doctor who instead of helping me actually made it all worse. I came out and thought well what's the use, I can't even get help for this. I want it all to stop.I was so depressed I thought I may as well go home and kill myself. Not that I would have but I just wanted to die so the pain went away. I was at my wits end.

I was outside waiting for my son to come pick me up (he was late) so I lit up a smoke. I saw an old man walking down the street on the other side quite far away. He crossed the road and walks towards me. He says " excuse me miss I need to tell you something". Then as he got closer he said "oh I'm sorry, I mistook you as a teenager from a distance, I see you're an adult. I was gonna tell you not to smoke, that you're far to young to throw your life away, but it's not my business" . Then he started chatting, not about smoking, but how life was so precious and on and on about wanting to live a long life like he has. Then he said God bless you Dear and walked away. I immediately dismissed the crazy thoughts about wanting to die and I really felt he'd crossed the road just to change my mind. It was like he was an angel. I was thankful. I thought also how strange it was that my son was so late, he'd had an unexpected delay. Had he been on time, I would never had encountered the old man.

So maybe there are messengers who try to intervene and guide us.
At times we might need a little push
Something to think about

Anyways thank you for sharing your story and now I'm reminded of that old man which is helpful to me. I'd forgotten about him.

edit on 6-10-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
That's a great story. Nice how it's reminding us of our own.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Yes! I have been a believer in Christ since 2000...I feel old... anyway, many folks in the Christian community sense Jesus is coming VERY soon. In any case, good to have fire insurance.

edit on 10/6/2017 by milano because: fixlink

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Thank you for sharing that lovely story. I totally believe you. I have helped many homeless and am always surprised at how different each encounter was-people so different than I have ever met in my everyday life. It does feel like they do exist for a purpose-something so unexplainable. I believe each connection changes me in some way that I can actually feel at the time and it lingers with me without my even being aware of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join