It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right of the People to Own Weapons Cant be Expunged From The Debate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What folks are looking at is these yo yo passing laws that are really not constitutional and they stand on the books as a way to circumvent to Big Document.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
didn't any of these brothers of our family of man ever go rabbit hunting?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: silo13

Don't worry, the NRA is a powerful lobby. Deep in the swamp.

Please elaborate. How deep? How much money have they contributed to political campaigns?

Oh nevermind I found it myself. They are #92 on total donations since 1990, according to Open Secrets.

www.opensecrets.org...

22 million dollars over 27 years is kinda shallow in the swamp, all things considered.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Logarock

Don't worry. The press cannot amend the Constitution.

That isn't the issue as much as the press getting people to believe it can easily be amended, or even disregarded.

Currently they are giving the impression that the constitution can be disregarded by the people, just like the press does in choosing what to disregard and what to argue for.

link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
ntrptr:

We mustn't allow all of American's rights to be reformed based on the actions of one individual.

One individual is bad enough, but multiple individuals committing 40 individual gun rampages killing 350 Americans over the last 30 years or so, now that ought to be making people sit up and ask questions as to why enough is not be done to insure it doesn't happen again.

If the gun is not the problem, and that people are the problem, ban all people from having guns. It really is as simple as that. Either ban the gun, or ban the people, and throw the 2nd amendment out as a crackpot idea, which is about as useful today as a chocolate fire guard.

Then when are we getting rid of all Muslims, because, you know. . . terrorism.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

If the gun is not the problem, and that people are the problem, ban all people from having guns.

Nice twist, same end result. Our worst fears are realized. As the bodies pile up, we are left defenseless by those very law makers.

Because you can't prevent what happened, or all the other times it happened. Laws don't affect the intent to murder as many people as possible.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What I see are the same people who swear up one side and down the other that our current president is going to become a fascist dictator and that for this reason they need to go out in the streets and through rocks through windows and break things and stop people from speaking out and a group of people who also spend a lot of time protesting that the cops (whose power they are now willing to completely entrust themselves to) are a bunch of good-for-nothing racist thugs who are spending all of their time hunting black men in our cities now arguing that the same freedoms that would enable them to protect themselves against these very dangers are the ones we ought to all surrender for the greater good.

It boggles the mind the cognitive dissonance does!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

When you boil it down to its essentials, that's exactly it. No more, no less.

They can window dress it all they want, but the essential truth of your statement remains.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
We mustn't allow all of American's rights to be reformed based on the actions of one individual.

I hope your kids and loved ones never have to suffer like the people in Vegas - even if thats what you need to happen to open your god damn eyes!

Las Vegas - 58
Sandy Hook - 27
Aurora Shooting - 12
Orlando Nightclub - 49
Columbine - 13
Virginia Tech - 32
University of Texas - 18
San Bernardino - 14
Fort Hood - 13
Washington Navy Yard - 12

Why focus on the one instance, and say gun laws shouldn't be changed. If you want to have an accurate discussion you need to actually focus on whats been happening in America (and only America) for the last couple of decades.

I understand Americans are lunatics when it comes to your firearms... people in Iraq, Syria, Vietnam, Korea, Libya also understand better than most how crazy you are when it comes to firearms. You can sit there and spout on about your constitutional rights and how fantastic they are all you want... but I bet... the day you lose your child to a psychopathic gun nut... you might finally understand what the rest of the world does..

As a country you are very sick in the head, you have very selfish and immoral 'ticks' and you have no empathy for your fellow citizens. Instead of making your home towns safer for your children - you'd rather stroke the barrel of a semi-automatic weapon.

all I can say is I am glad the rest of the world woke up to your insanity and ensured their country didn't follow your path.
I feel safe walking down the streets, I don't need a gun to feel safe because I am confident that the person walking past me doesn't have a semi-automatic rifle.

If you want guns for protection.. go get a handgun, keep it at home and use it to protect your family. Anything bigger (unless you are a farmer or law enforcement) is just your ego needing a stroke.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People are afraid.

They listen to and believe the horrors pushed by the MSM and certain segments of government.

The same government who is killing them also promises to protect them.

No wonder people are so screwed up.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Logarock

Why is there a question of compromise anyway. Don't see the benefactors of the 1st amendment being forced into a reconsideration of their constitutional position.

They'll have to get rid of the 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendments if they really want the 2nd gone.

But even people on this site don't have a problem with that.

Basically, these anti-freedom assholes are going to make a criminal out of me simply because I want to have something for home defense.

LOL, no worries.

If it ever came to that, mylar and a shovel are your friends.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

People don't think anymore. All they do is feel and pretend they had a deep thought.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
To those that think banning guns will solve anything, I ask you
to consider Chicago and their strict gun laws.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Your post reminds me of a certain passage by Martin Niemoller
Look it up .
Those that forget the past , repeat it.

edit on 10/5/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

This isn't about guns its about security and surveillance,billions of dollars worth so get your OSI Systems and Rapiscan shares now before the rush.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: elysiumfire
ntrptr:

One individual is bad enough, but multiple individuals committing 40 individual gun rampages killing 350 Americans over the last 30 years or so, now that ought to be making people sit up and ask questions as to why enough is not be done to insure it doesn't happen again.

If the gun is not the problem, and that people are the problem, ban all people from having guns. It really is as simple as that. Either ban the gun, or ban the people, and throw the 2nd amendment out as a crackpot idea, which is about as useful today as a chocolate fire guard.

Why stop at Muslims, why not Christians?
Maybe because religion has a place in society, if you do that to Muslims you are no better than Hitler and the Jews. Muslims for the whole are decent people, its no different to to every religion with their bad people. Religion has a place in this world. Where as guns in a functioning society... what place do they have? when has a gun turned a lost individual towards god (what ever god that is) and allowed them to live full, happy and healthy lives?
When has someone asked a gun for forgiveness or salvation and become a better person?

I know your comment was in jest, but its naive to consider the 2 on equal terms.
A gun is designed to kill a person
A semi automatic rifle is designed to kill multiple people
Religion is here to show people a better way and to live better lives

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I hope your kids and loved ones never have to suffer like the people in Vegas - even if thats what you need to happen to open your god damn eyes!

You just 'hoped' my kids and loved ones suffer... that makes you no different than the assholes that kill or the other assholes that want to leave me defenseless.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
DBCowboy :

I take it you equate all terrorism with Muslims, which of course is not true. Besides which, you raise a different subject, but equally as important.

intrptr:

As the bodies pile up, we are left defenceless by those very law makers.

Why are bodies piling up? Are they not piling up while you have guns, so what are you defending, certainly not the people who were shot. Lawmakers? Those twerps have to get permission from the NRA before they are allowed to even spell the word G.U.N.

Because you can't prevent what happened, or all the other times it happened. Laws don't affect the intent to murder as many people as possible.

It is not down to the private citizen to prevent anything. You are not authorised to use lethal force except on your own property. None of you are Wyatt Earp, but he had the best idea, take all guns on entering the town, and give them back on the leaving.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

You mean the lawmakers who admit to carrying out mass surveillance on all of us collecting meta data that they claim will help them prevent this stuff?

How well is that working? If it's not, then I submit our own personal touch is better.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I know you're smarter than this.

What new law, if there is anything original that hasn't already been codified somewhere at either the local, state, or federal level, will prevent a Columbine, or Las Vegas?

A new law that will suddenly, magically stop crazy people from doing insane things...There's no such thing, as you very well know.

Any law does nothing to stop this sort of horrid occurrences--it only makes a further mockery of the Constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join