It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Mom Who Won’t Vaccinate Her Son Is Sentenced to Seven Days in Jail

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Phage

Ive had 3 sets of court orders from 3 different judges over the last 10 years, there is literally nothing I can do that makes a difference ( except going back to court and spending vast amounts of $$$$, i haven't seen my daughter for 3 years now. I'm fed up with this bogus system.

Dont give up.....get 2nd job and save money ....the system is sleazy......buy a better lawyer.....or a sleazier one......if you must play play dirty...its a dirty sysem of compromise.....aim high ask high settle high.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I'm not sure that judgement based in the U.S have any clout here in AUS....either way she is 12 now no matter what I do she is going to have a chip on her shoulder....

What bothers me is the courts say they are for the kids, my experience and others I know tell me this is rubbish, the court cares about repeat business.

Anyhow I will take a look.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Being "overseas" would tend to complicate matters (and make it more expensive) I would think. In particular where visitation is concerned.

But courts don't really make money, that's the lawyers' job.

edit on 10/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Ive had 3 sets of court orders from 3 different judges over the last 10 years, there is literally nothing I can do that makes a difference ( except going back to court and spending vast amounts of $$$$, i haven't seen my daughter for 3 years now. I'm fed up with this bogus system.

Dont give up.....get 2nd job and save money ....the system is sleazy......buy a better lawyer.....or a sleazier one......if you must play play dirty...its a dirty sysem of compromise.....aim high ask high settle high.

I'm done, I'm a single dad raising a 7 year old, I have neither the money time or patience to continue fighting this battle.

IF she comes looking for me when she is old enough I will deal with it then.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

My daughter is not overseas from me she is a few hours away.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

So, you are all Americans living in Oz?
Complicated. And sad. I'm sorry.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

I'm done, I'm a single dad raising a 7 year old, I have neither the money time or patience to continue fighting this battle.

IF she comes looking for me when she is old enough I will deal with it then.

Having some experience here.....IF YOU CHOOSE TO THINK THIS WAY......what I think is in a loving way.....you have IMHO 2 choices.....1 is to save money for a lawyer to fight now and 2 is to save money EVERY MONTH to provide to your kid/kids down the road when they are older in lieu of court pursuit.....even if its what seems like a trivial amount you must show a record of working sacrificing and saving which is as consistant as love would be ...not as big but as consistant.......you must show love for your children consistantly in their absence and time is money and love is time is money when your kids are esranged from you unless you wish to overcomplicate their world.

No judgement from me....just my way of looking at mitigating damages to kids.....someone in their life will be comitted ABOVE AND BEYOND even if you do your supportive part financially ...sooooo....you need to consistantly hide away a few bucks to show you were also thinking about the child and trying to go above and beyond.....its not about the amount of money you save for them...its about the consistancy and paper trail.....and time....and the correlations society teaches us to make between love and life.

edit on 6-10-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I am American, i live in Oz and have done for the last 20 years, i like it here, the kids are aussie, although i believe they can inherit my U.S passport.

Sorry for the confusion and i appreciate that you give a #, my focus now is on my boy, he has half a chance.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chiefsmom

Woman's prerogative and all.
Trouble is, she seems to have changed her mind after agreeing to the order.

Trouble is, that order was illegal from the get go, whether she was forced to agree to it or not. And yes, the judge extorted her into signing that order in the first place. "You get custody if you agree to vaccinate, if not, you don't get custody." Her kid was literally being held as ransom for compliance. That's not how it works.

So what is the legal position (not the position you think should exist, but the legal position as it stands in the state in which this occurred) in relation to parental consent for treatment?

If it only requires one parent to consent to treatment (which I believe to be the case in most jurisdictions) then her refusal to consent does not matter and she should not be preventing the child from receiving treatment where lawful consent has been given by the other parent.

So, if this is the legal situation in that state, how would the father go about enforcing this? He could get a court order requiring her to do it. Which is... exactly what has happened. In this case, it's rolled up into the custody order - which makes perfect sense, especially as it was clearly a point of contention already. In that instance, the judge isn't "holding the child for ransom for compliance", but rather saying "this is the law and this is how it's going to happen, with or without you, so we might as well make it clear from the start that you're not going to waste everybody's time and money by refusing to do it." She wasn't being asked to accept it - because she wouldn't have grounds for refusing it - she was being made to acknowledge the legal situation.

That would be my reading of the situation. The specific law in that state may introduce additional complexities perhaps.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
we need a fake news bin. or click bait bin.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I am American, i live in Oz and have done for the last 20 years, i like it here, the kids are aussie, although i believe they can inherit my U.S passport.

Well, without knowing your EXACT circumstances, your kids are (probably) Dual Citizens. They don't 'inherit' your passport, but are Natural Born Citizens of the USA in their own right because their parents are US Citizens (there are conditions to that, so there is a chance this is wrong).

This means, of course, that they can be President of the country where they were not born, but not a member of the Parliament in the country where they were born.

Ain't it grand?

=====

But to address your getting access problems, might it be that your status as an American citizen, and their status as American citizens, is influencing the courts view?

Australian courts have been burned repeatedly over the last few decades, and really copped a lot of feces over granting access to fathers (especially by not exclusively) and having those kids 'kidnapped' and removed from the jurisdiction (i.e. taken overseas). I don't know what laws or interpretations may have been changed to address this issue, but I do know there is enormous pressure on the Courts to prevent this happening.

I'm not saying you would even dream of doing that, but it is undoubtedly something the Court would have in the back of its mind.

edit on 6/10/2017 by rnaa because: to add custody issues in Australia

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
WTH?

You can get an exemption from the school for religious beliefs or at least you could when my sons where in school.

I don't care what your opinion is on this issue, you should NOT be forced with jailtime for making a personal choice.

Asinine.[/quote
Its not about religon. Its about a separated family and the father wanting the child treated and the mother refusing so the issue went to court.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Big Pharma bribery in action. You're forced to vaccinate your kids. Bush signed legislation that stops anyone from suing if they are injured from the vaccines. Babies have to get over 20 vaccines right after being born and they keep inventing more every year. Vaccines have been found to be contaminated with diseases like HIV!

Sounds fair to me. Not.

Thats fear monger bull$hit and you know it.
Proof: of the 300 million americans well over 90% have their shoots. American should be dying droves if immunization was killing them.

The only thing current killing american in droves is guns.
edit on 12-10-2017 by SmilingROB because: Gammer

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: JinMI

So much for living in a free country.

I am NOT anti-vax, but I am pro-freedom.

My body my choice.[/quote

And it was that fathers choice to protect his child. It was a shame the mother was petty about the situation forcing him to tske legal action.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chiefsmom

No. The father put it in the order and the mother agreed to it.

c'mon phage....you are ruining a right-wing outrage thread with facts and common sense...and here comes the "what-abouts" responses

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a humerous update to this tail :

source

obligitory synopsis :

the case is back in court with a rather pathetic attempt to promote an anti vaxx loon to the role of " expert witness "

the presiding judge made some choice remarks

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So, the servants of the people who take the paid position of a servant, commits fraud upon the people by tricking them, against their will, to sign over all properties of the people to the servant? Yeah, sounds about right. The death sentence sounds about right too.

a reply to: EternalShadow

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
People who say fight for your kids are fooling them self It is very simple Mothers just ignore any court order and courts ignore the mothers ignoring the orders and then the kid is no longer a kid and has been told for years what a monster his father is .
Way to late to change anything without years of therapy .
In the US fathers have no rights Unless the Mother just plan don't give a dam to the point the father gets the kid by default .
Thing is alot of single dads and the number is growing by the day ( my son is one of them he has quite a few friends who are as well .
Who are teh courts going to lock up for unpayed support now ( well not teh mom as my son childs mother has not payed a dime yet and my son was told a complaint to DCF ( the very same people who incarcerate 50 k men )
atht they wil not go after her for support .
For teh people who say Judges dont make money off the rovliving door your foolish .
If they accutly did what coould easly be done in 99% of cases then there would be millions of fewer court cases to do . The judges job relys on haveing as many court cases as possible the more he gets the bigger his check is .

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

Thats fear monger bull$hit and you know it. Proof: of the 300 million americans well over 90% have their shoots. American should be dying droves if immunization was killing them. The only thing current killing american in droves is guns.

We don't need to get rid of guns. We need to get rid of people like Hillary Clinton and Loretta Lynch. Who keep calling out for violence. If these people were in prison, safely away from society where they belong. The Vegas murders wouldn't have happened. They may as well have personally murdered the victims themselves instead of getting their brainwashed underlings to do the dirty work.

edit on 14-10-2017 by Doctor Smith because: video problem

edit on 14-10-2017 by Doctor Smith because: added

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

"God forbid he were to be injured by one of the vaccines, then what—that's what scares me." Bredow has said she is not opposed to vaccines,

God forbid he were to be injured by contracting what the vaccine prevents.

God forbid we have a public health crisis that would potentially harm a lot more people, because people refuse to vaccinate—that's what scares me.

And this tidbit:

According to Michigan Live, Michigan is a state with one of the worst rates of child immunization.

MLive:

Child immunization rates in Michigan are among the worst in the U.S. with a ranking of 43rd lower for children between the ages of 19 and 35 months.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join