It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Mom Who Won’t Vaccinate Her Son Is Sentenced to Seven Days in Jail

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Last week, Rebecca Bredow told the local ABC News affiliate WXYZ that a judge had ordered her to vaccinate her 9-year-old son.

Michigan Mom Who Won’t Vaccinate Her Son Is Sentenced to Seven Days in Jail

I don't see how this is legal. Where is the law that states that you have to take a needle?

The Ferndale woman told McDonald she takes "full responsibility," but that vaccinations go against what she believes in and that she regrets not raising the issue sooner. A.P. reports the judge reminded the woman that she agreed to the immunizations as a response.

I heard this also on my local station this morning and it claimed that the child had been vaccinated since but I could not find a source online.

ETA: Apparently her lawyer agreed to the terms of vaccination as Phage pointed out below.

She also said in court that Bredow’s attorney had signed the November court order for vaccination, meaning Bredow had agreed to it.

www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.97e9199daaa0

edit on 5-10-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Stupid mom.. Not because she doesnt want to vaccinate but because now she is in jail and the state is going to do it anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I don't see how this is legal. Where is the law that states that you have to take a needle?

It doesn't. And that's not what happened.

The child's father said to vaccinate the child. The judge said to follow the father's wishes. The mother refused. The mother is in contempt.

She also said in court that Bredow’s attorney had signed the November court order for vaccination, meaning Bredow had agreed to it.

“It’s clear to me that you don’t care about orders even if you agree to them, which you did,” the judge told Bredow, who’s the primary caregiver of her son with Horne.

www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.219477957ef5

edit on 10/5/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
WTH?

You can get an exemption from the school for religious beliefs or at least you could when my sons where in school.

I don't care what your opinion is on this issue, you should NOT be forced with jailtime for making a personal choice.

Asinine.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Then why didn't the father get order to vaccinate the child?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Because he did not have custody.
The order which gave the mother shared had vaccination as a condition. She did not fulfill the condition and is thus in contempt.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
BS.
He may have a say, but it sounds like she has custody.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't know about legal, but it sure isn't LAWFUL.

It's a matter of jurisdiction. Parents don't realize their kids are wards of the state when they sign them into Social Security and the birth certificate.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Temporary custody. Getting the vaccinations were apparently part of the agreement.

She violated a court order.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That quote is fair enough. My source didn't indicate that she had signed an agreement to have the child vaccinated prior.

The way I read it was based on the fathers decision, she would have to have the child vaccinated and refused.

However I will mention this, was she aware her lawyer signed it?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It doesn't. And that's not what happened.

The child's father said to vaccinate the child. The judge said to follow the father's wishes. The mother refused. The mother is in contempt.

“It’s clear to me that you don’t care about orders even if you agree to them, which you did,” the judge told Bredow, who’s the primary caregiver of her son with Horne.

Ahhhhh....don't let the facts get in the way of a good story..thanks for the clarificatin

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22738568]Phage[/post
And the fact that they based a court order on this, doesn't bother you? Drugs, abuse, neglect, yes, but this?

State raising your kids.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Sounds like it was specified by the father, not the state.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

But the state agreed and put it in the order, so......

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No. The father put it in the order and the mother agreed to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Big Pharma bribery in action. You're forced to vaccinate your kids. Bush signed legislation that stops anyone from suing if they are injured from the vaccines. Babies have to get over 20 vaccines right after being born and they keep inventing more every year. Vaccines have been found to be contaminated with diseases like HIV!

Sounds fair to me. Not.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I have to assume that you have not been through a divorce with children, at least here in MI. The judge can make changes.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So much for living in a free country.

I am NOT anti-vax, but I am pro-freedom.

My body my choice.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Your assumption is half correct, I do not live in Michigan.

If (as you assume) the court made that specification, neither party had to agree to it since there is no law which requires it.

McDonald stopped Bredow before she could finish her statement and told her the claims were not true, based on the judge’s review of the case and its legal transcripts.

“You agreed in a consent order to vaccinate your child,” the judge said. “I understand you love your children, but what I don’t think you understand is that your son has two parents and dad gets a say.”
www.detroitnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So much for living in a free country.

I am NOT anti-vax, but I am pro-freedom.

My body my choice.

Would pro freedom include faith healing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join