It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Gothmog
didn't mean to sound so smart a@@y, just looked at the photo. there doesn't appear to be any residue or injury to the outside of his face. the blood can be seen running out both sides at the corner of his mouth.
just looking at that, you would have to believe that his mouth was wide open if he slipped, or reaching down. the odds of a bullet going into ones mouth would be one for the bookies in vegas.
originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wictor is a sober-minded thinker, who's opinions and ideas are often worth examining (IMO).
From his twitter feed today, he lays out an interesting theory, which suggests Paddock may have accidentally killed himself.
I offer his thinking here only to add more material for the discussion and speculation as to what may have actually transpired in Paddock's hotel room.
HERE is a portion of Wictor's feed:
(8) It took me several days to conclude that the mass murder accidentally shot himself.
(9) The conspiracy theorists base their conspiracies on NOTHING.
(10) Here's how I came to my conclusion:
(11) "Why is the shooter's left foot under that rifle with a bipod?" was the question.
(12) When I looked at the photo, I saw that the murderer was lying ON TOP of a rifle.
(13) It appears that the murderer was cut down in mid stride.
(14) I've never heard cops express uncertainty like that.
(15) The death photo shows that the murderer shot himself in the mouth.
(16) He coughed out three gouts of blood and drowned on the fourth. His head is thrown back because he was trying to breathe.
(17) The police say that the murderer fired for ten minutes. Then a hotel security guard pounded on his door.
(18) The murderer fired through the door.
(19) The cops breached the door an hour later. The pools of blood were partially coagulated by that time.
(20) If the murder committed suicide, he did so in a weird place. Again, it appears that he was cut down in mid-stride.
(21) The cops say he had an escape plan and intended to live. So, @drawandstrike theorized that the murderer panicked.
(22) He heard the pounding on the door, fired a rifle, and then inexpertly gathered up several rifles to move to another position.
(23) So he gathers up several rifles.
(24) He's wearing gloves, and he's holding a hammer-less snub-nose pistol in his right hand.
(25) The rifles begin to slip, or he SLIDES ON SPENT CARTRIDGE CASES on the floor.
(26) He either tried to stop the rifle from falling, or he loses his balance.
(27) And he accidentally shoots himself in the mouth.
(28) The evidence supporting this is VERY STRONG.
originally posted by: CaptainBuck
I find it hard to believe that he really ever planned on getting out of there alive. I'm sure that once that security guard had located the room he was in he knew the gig was up and instead of waiting for SWAT to blow down his door and turn him into Swiss cheese he made the decision to off himself.
originally posted by: carpooler
N R A members like me always say that guns don't kill people, people kill people!! This may be the exception to that. All firearms today must fire from a locked breech. Slam fires are outlawed. In the dark with fired cases all over the floor, Paddock may have used an A R as a cane, holding the barrel shroud and then a live round, " cooked off in the red hot barrel". That bullet fired normally, without any trigger pulled, and killed him! I haven't heard this mentioned, but it can be considered, possible!a reply to: abeverage