It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

read these lyrics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.lyricsdepot.com...
The Grand deception by Cannibus.

small excerpt-------->

Approximately 50 years ago under the direction of President Harry
Truman
in the interest of national security a group of 12 top military
scientific
personel were established. This group's primary objective was to
desensitize us to the truth and to suppress the material evidence that
our planet is being visited by a group of extraterrestrial biological
entities called the Grades the Grand Deception

i have the song for download, but im not posting it unless it is okay wit board administration.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That song was actually a demo and changed into his actually released version, 'Channel Zero'. Canibus is a champion at vocabulary.

That entire song is filled with UFO/Alien/Conspiracy allusions. However, if you want to really break apart underground hiphop, I suggest getting the Jedi Mind Trick CD - The Psycho, Social, Chemical, Biological, and Magnetic Manipulation oh Humankind and Violent by design.

There are enough references in those two CDs to keep anyone up for days.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i have the phsycho, another good political group is dead prez. and on the band tool's Cd aenima and lateralus there are a few references to things like that, also the song by h.e.d PE called I.F.O is another song.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Also check out Non-Phixion and Immortal Technique if your into Conspiracy related Hip Hop.

Non-Phixion - Black Helicopters/They got - 12" is amazing.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by MERC]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dead Prez and Immortal Technique fall under the 'Pissed off at America' category. And new Jedi Mind is just falling into the same generic trap.

Canibus on the other hand, after releasing his 'Rip the Jacker' album actually enlisted in the Army and is currently serving in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Immortal Technique does not fall under the "pissed off America" category, BoyO. Obviously after writing two albums and numerous singles about war bieng wrong, and the agenda of the defence contractors, and how corrupt the intire system is, dont you think it would be a contradiction to enlist in the army and go and serve in Iraq?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
what?!

-you guys listen to that stuff? thats awesome, i thought i was the only one. the likes of jedi-mind and nonphixion are a little agressive for my taste, but the messages are on point!

check out killah preist too..

and the new sage francis album (a healthy distrust) is killer. i cannot say enough about sage francis.. hate him or love him - but recognize the mastery.

"im a vetran of spacial relationships - clip your wings to fit you in head shrinkin magician - shape shifting reptilian turned body contortionist - orphaniges started off in tortures to abortion clinics"

WOW.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
Immortal Technique does not fall under the "pissed off America" category

I met Immortal Technique about a year ago at Club Congress. Half way through the set he just started freestyling about how much he wants to get back at America for his typical 'Peruvian/South American/American relations'. I really enjoyed him so I started talking to him after his set (He actually opened for Brother Ali, probably the last time he will do that). Anyway, the conversation turned from 'I really like what you have to say' to 'The American government is worst than the Third Reich will ever be'.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but he defintely has beef with the American government. I think he said it best: 'I love my country, I just hate the people running it'.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost
and the new sage francis album (a healthy distrust) is killer. i cannot say enough about sage francis.. hate him or love him - but recognize the mastery.

Is it just me or does Sage Francis have absolutely no talent? How the hell did he win at Scribble Jam against Brother Ali?

Anyway, One-Be-Lo's album (Formally One Man Army of Binary Star) just dropped on Feb 8th, I heard that it's really political, almost like the old Dead Prez. I think I'm going to pick it up today.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its just you. Listen to "Sage Francis - Crack Pipes", you will be forced to agree.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
Its just you. Listen to "Sage Francis - Crack Pipes", you will be forced to agree.

I just listened to the song and I still think he has no talent. His flow is just non-existant. He seems like he can't decide whether he wants to imitate Aesop Rock or Slug.

Singing about drug problems are pretty trendy these days. Cannibal Ox did a good job with 'Painkillers' and nearly every single song Del created was under the influence of crack including his 'Deltron 3030' concept album. Hell, I even saw him smoke a crackpipe on stage. And of course Ill Bill is well messed up.

Sage Francis just doesnt do it for me. At San Berdino, CA this past summer he was almost booed off stage when he (among millions of other acts) opened for Wu-Tang at the Rock the Bells concert. I didn't waste any of my film on Francis. Instead I used 8 rolls on Wu-Tang and DJ Abilities (that guy is amazing, he should just drop Eyedea and go solo)

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Try anything released on 'Digital Hardcore Records', that's a fairly good political forum for musicians or anything Alec Empire has been a part of normally is, although it is moslty based around Europe/Germany.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Try anything released on 'Digital Hardcore Records', that's a fairly good political forum for musicians or anything Alec Empire has been a part of normally is, although it is moslty based around Europe/Germany.

Do they tackle American issues or just domestic?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A lot, be it world politics, drug abuse, etc. A good example is a band called the Shizit:'"We're not about flags - we're not about parties
We're not about left and right - we're not even about leaders
We were born in a country founded on a dream
That dream has yet to be achieved
That dream is to truly self govern
To determine our own destiny
To break the cycle of oppression
Freedom and equality are not mutually exclusive
Individuals have a greater destiny than to rule or be ruled
It is time to decide what that destiny will be."

It's a good view on one of the bands. They tackle a lot, I mean Alec Empire got banned from Germany for questionning their policy on WW2. (His Grandfather was killed in a camp, if I remember correctly.) And he wants Germans to be educated on stuff like that and not avoid it as much as they do. (Or it'll happen again.)

They're good, it shows you a lot. I mean, it was one of his songs that taught me it is Illegal to have any 'far out' views in GErmany. Be it Left or Right wing.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Atari Teenage Riot were Alec's best known band, here's two of their song lyrics:

Wake up! wake up! get off your knees...
Where will the west strike next?
The war is still between east and west...
Money talks! money! you're so bored and sick!
Lets burn germany!
Building up economy of dead bodies! that's what they want!

or

This is a story that must be told
This is a story that must be told...

You tell lies! you tell lies!

P.r.e.s.s.! p.r.e.s.s.! (x5)

Sell your units!
Sell your lies all over and over again!
Others do and you just follow!
Never act! always react!

The industry pays you...
You suck their dicks on and on!
Your need is always to control!

90% of you is #ing #!
Spread your lies!
When you write you destroy what others create!
You live of other lives...
Your comments do not count for us!

It's good stuff, he knows what's going on in the world. But he got 'silenced' early on. He can never get radio play or television play, unless it is one of his dance/club songs. (Addicted to you).

His albums are banned in parts of Europe, one of them is banned in the U.S.A. etc

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"That entire song is filled with UFO/Alien/Conspiracy allusions. However, if you want to really break apart underground hiphop, I suggest getting the Jedi Mind Trick CD - The Psycho, Social, Chemical, Biological, and Magnetic Manipulation oh Humankind and Violent by design."

You forgot visions of ghandi, its good too

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
canibus' original unreleased channel zero lyrics:

The location is planet Earth //
The time and date is nineteen, ninety-nine, December thirty-first //
Eleven fifty-nine, P.M. //
The anticipation of what I think's about to happen got my heart beating //
We got less than a minute left, before, the planet Jupiter //
is united into a star //
I know it sounds bizarre, but it's mathematics //
A specific sign for some of the planet's inhabitants //
Those who understand, know what I'm saying is accurate //
Our country is corrupt, from the president to the cabinet //
In the year two, followed by three o’s //
The space probe Galileo //
Will welcome us all to channel zero //

[Canibus]

The secret of the ages, I illuminate with logic //
What I speak is more than just deep; it’s bottomless //
With common sense, I’m organized like crime and mafias //
Plus the way I rhyme is prime, like Optimus //
A rapologist, you could sit and do the knowledge with //
From G.E.D.’s, to degrees, from Ivy League colleges //
I politic with any magazine columnist //
About topics other emcee’s won't even bother with //
Rock solid # like stones and monuments //
It’s obvious the third eye of the obelisk is watching us //
[Closely,] through a microscope and a pair of binoculars //
Ghetto scholars like me, who study street calculus //
I utilize every letter of the Arabic alphabet //
To touch a part of your body that makes you feel erogenous //
The key to knowledge, is guarded by angel locksmiths //
Who travel across the Universe, in flying objects //
Secrets deadly to man, is dioxin //
We sparring with God, our arms are too short to box with //
Four thousand years before Christ, in the times of Pharaoh //
Welcome to Channel Zero //

[Canibus]

Yo //
Dangerous minds, manufacture dangerous rhymes //
Signs from revelations predict, perilous times //
In the year two-thousand, the planets will be in alignment //
Only the wisest, will survive it //
The Earth will experience, a sudden change in climate //
Killing many organisms in our environment //
The earthquakes destined to happen in California //
Will trigger the [---A---] in Atlanta, Georgia //
The collapse of roads, bridges, and buildings //
The death, of millions of innocent civilians //
The Freemasons will control the nation //
But you don’t hear me though, [it’s the information] //

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
That song was actually a demo and changed into his actually released version, 'Channel Zero'. Canibus is a champion at vocabulary.

That entire song is filled with UFO/Alien/Conspiracy allusions. However, if you want to really break apart underground hiphop, I suggest getting the Jedi Mind Trick CD - The Psycho, Social, Chemical, Biological, and Magnetic Manipulation oh Humankind and Violent by design.

There are enough references in those two CDs to keep anyone up for days.

I've just got back from Barcelona after seeing Jedi Mind Tricks -

I can now say I've seen God.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by countbrakula23
You forgot visions of ghandi, its good too

Visions of Ghandi is when Vinnie Paz jsut reverted to a bunch oh Homophobic and 'Catholic bashing/Pro-Islam' remarks. It was nearly as creative as their Psycho Social and Violent by Design. I expected their new one, Legacy of Blood to bring it back to what they are known for but yet its just Paz uttering mundane homophobic/catholic remarks. Blegh.

But don't get me wrong, the production by Stoupe is more than amazing. His beats facilitate a dark and mysterious atmosphere that people have come to associate with JMT.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
yeah i gotta agree, ive been really disapointed since VBD, which is annoying since there arent many cerebral rappers out their. I read in an interview with lost children of babylon (frm psycho-social) that vinnie (n stoupe?) just wanted to target a certain type of audience when they did psycho social and were only rapping like that to exploit underground hiphop, not really because they have any real interest in that sort of subject matter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join