It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Just Bought Drone Company Aurora Flight Sciences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Interesting. Its a good call IMHO and we are going to see alot of consolidation in the future. They have an interesting portfolio of aircraft includong the Tactical Autonomous Aerial Logistics System (TALOS) and Lightning Strike which is a darpa funded x plane. They also build components for the RQ-4. As always its not just the projects in this type of acquisition, but also the patents and research that Boeing is after.

General Atomics perhaps is next.

www.thedrive.com... eferrer=recirculation

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

AWST's Take

aviationweek.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If the Avenger order goes through, I don't see GA going anywhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If the Avenger order goes through, I don't see GA going anywhere.

Actually I think it makes them more tasty for a bigger fish. Plus its privately held so no hassles with stock prices etc. Their price would well be in the reach of the 3 primes, provide them with further reach into the Navy (EMALS) and nuclear areas etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
general atomics.......bobby lazar......i'm wrong, huh? is G A that big outfit with the new propulsion?

edit on 5-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

A deal that size though lets them ask for more and pushes the price up. It might just push it up higher than they want to go.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

A deal that size though lets them ask for more and pushes the price up. It might just push it up higher than they want to go.

maybe but it also kind of corners the market on the present drone fleet and as I mentioned in the other thread, sometimes the acquisitions are also about intellectual property and patents. So they may have value thats not immediately apparent.

Plus given GA's private status who really knows the balance sheet. I do hold positions in the primes so would love any of them to buy into it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
general atomics.......bobby lazar......i'm wrong, huh? is G A that big outfit with the new propulsion?

Not really any lazarian propulsion stuff they make drones and do alot of nuclear stuff

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Boeing just tapped one of the Aurora execs to take over the Phantom Works. hmmm..

www.flightglobal.com...

new topics

top topics

join