It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals and Conservatives Call on Trump to Reject JFK Secrecy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

A bipartisan group of congressmen are urging President Trump to insist on “full public release” of the government’s JFK assassination records by October 26 and to “reject any claims for the continued postponement" of the records.

In two “sense of Congress” resolutions introduced Wednesday on Capitol Hill, the legislators call for the CIA, FBI and other federal agencies to release all of their records related to the November 1963 murder of President John F. Kennedy.

JFK’s assassination generated six official investigations and widespread belief that the liberal president was the victim of a conspiracy and not of a lone gunman.

Liberals and Conservatives Call on Trump to Reject JFK Secrecy

I don't think this is going to happen but I thought many on ATS would be interested in this development. The article lists the 'co-sponsors' of the two resolutions.

I wonder, at this late date, whether or not, anything the government were to present would be believed. I think evidence that goes against one's pet 'theory' would be simply dismissed as either 'false news' or 'doctored' in some fashion.

Do you think these, resolutions are 'false news' just because it's published on a progressive leaning site? Will you verify your 'opinion' by following up? Or just, just denounce without any fact finding at all.

2017jfk.org...

nsarchive.wordpress.com...

According to the above link - the president can:

JFK assassination records are likely the most frequently and prominently requested classified documents in the National Archives and Records Administration’s (NARA) possession.

The Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 (JFK Act) requires that each assassination record be publicly disclosed in full by October 2017 – unless the President upholds an agency appeal and “certifies” that releasing a record would cause specific harm.

It will be interesting to see what the orange one does.

Ah - I got it -

www.congress.gov...

The Summary and Text are in process.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I really like the people of both major parties coming together aspect of this story. I would have flagged and starred you if you hadn't called Trump 'orange one'.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I would have flagged and starred you if you hadn't called Trump 'orange one'.

In what way is that incorrect?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Does anyone think they will release it all even if ordered to...I mean who would be any wiser if they kept back or destroyed anything that looked bad or confirmed any of the theories?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

while cross part " unity " to discover teh " trooth " about JFK sounds nice

one has to wonder - are they attempting to dredge up crap from 54 years ago - to distract the general pubic from thier present day malfeasance ?

(post by Gandalf77 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I read somewhere that there is 7 volumes and volume 5 has already been declared missing.a reply to: FyreByrd

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Eh, who cares. He is a little fake tan orange.

Its Trump. Balls.

It really is nice to see the two sides of the isle coming together to finally deliver what is owed.

Wish it happened more often. The middle ground between them must be pristine though. I wonder how many back alleys in DC are worn out as well.

edit on 10 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is not the Mud Pit folks. Please refrain from political trolling outside of the Mud Pit. If you can't do that, move on please.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned Trump should say no just on principle. Release it later to people who deserve to know. Democrats...they got me mad right now!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So...you're saying that regardless of political affiliation, lean, dogma or flag carrying, that they can meet in the middle in reaction to government secrecy?

What could this mean??!??!?

__Insert awesomely thought provoking meme here___

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Never going to happen. At least not until George H W Bush passes, I think, but can't prove, he ran the operation and made his bones, well before becoming the Director of the CIA . Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

unless the President upholds an agency appeal and “certifies” that releasing a record would cause specific harm.

They concluded That Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. So how could any of the investigative papers cause harm? Unless they found links to Oswald and others maybe in the Gov't so if they do not release all documents it pretty much clears up the mystery that they are hiding something

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter to me.

I for one believe that the information that would be released has been through the washing machine so many times that any of the original information that could have concluded differently than what the Warren commission has found was discarded and destroyed.

It may show who all was being investigated and a few details that were not known but I for one do not expect any mind blowing information.

I hope that I may be wrong though.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The history of " The Event" teaches us everything we
need to know. If you find yourself POTUS with a Vice
Pres. from Texas who despises you. And he keeps an
invitation from : The "Good ole boys" on the itnerary?

DON'T GO!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Trump should have access to any and all classified information....

JFK , Roswell.. everything.

It will be interesting to see if he ever tells what he has learned.

The only bad part is he lies so often, how could we really know??

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The government refusing to release classified documents related to the JFK assassination is an admission of a cover-up. The U.S. government is quick to classify anything that would outrage the public and expose any criminality that would throw the SOB's in jail. Our representatives and past presidents are all guilty for allowing this to continue! They should also press to release all 9/11 classified documents.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Never going to happen. At least not until George H W Bush passes, I think, but can't prove, he ran the operation and made his bones, well before becoming the Director of the CIA . Time will tell.

Well it would embarrass the CIA,gerald ford family and the FBI if they did. SO it wont come out. Oh and the FED as well. since they begged ford to have him killed for th eDebt backed money plan.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Unfortunately because Trump is a stooge, it will never happen.

Since he hadn't gone after the parasitic bankers, he will never reveal what's in the JFK files.
edit on 10/5/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It would be good to know - but - I would rather know the truth NOW about Vegas, than a man who left us so many years ago.

peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join