It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey Weinstein - Decades of Sexual Abuse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't think this is any big secret but I was surprised to see some big write ups coming about old Harvey's past. He has gotten his chubby fingers stuck in the cookie jar quite a few times and here we have a wide coverage of stories, most of which I had not heard of. The first article is written for the New York Times by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey. Another one by Ronan Farrow is set for the New Yorker and should be released shortly.

Big Names mentioned:
Ashley Judd - A few decades ago
Rose McGowan - During filming of Scream

Settlement Count:

An investigation by The New York Times found previously undisclosed allegations against Mr. Weinstein stretching over nearly three decades, documented through interviews with current and former employees and film industry workers, as well as legal records, emails and internal documents from the businesses he has run, Miramax and the Weinstein Company. During that time, after being confronted with allegations including sexual harassment and unwanted physical contact, Mr. Weinstein has reached at least eight settlements with women, according to two company officials speaking on the condition of anonymity. Among the recipients, The Times found, were a young assistant in New York in 1990, an actress in 1997, an assistant in London in 1998, an Italian model in 2015 and Ms. O’Connor shortly after, according to records and those familiar with the agreements.

The New York Times - Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations

Harvey is apparently working with a powerful team of lawyers and crisis consultants to try and help with his reputation and probably sue anyone who crosses the line. Lisa Bloom, the daughter of Gloria Allred (lots of celebrity sexual deviant cases) seems to be the biggest name with his legal representation.

Harvey Lawyers Up

Harvey is a very powerful man and hosted a fundraiser for Hillary during the last election cycle. He campaigns for Women's rights and apparently will be taking a leave of absence to tackle the NRA for a bit. He's worth too much money for this to hurt him much but anyways its good to see some people speaking up.

Harvey will sue the NYT

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

I saw this earlier today.
Another person in power taking advantage of people.
I hope the feminists jump all over this guy but I doubt they will with him being such a big democrat supporter.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My very close friend and his family have been in talent management since the 60's. He has many stories about things that happen behind the scenes in both Hollywood and the music industry.

I do not doubt anything that comes out about this fat scumbag. There is another famous producer in the music industry who has an equally repulsive habit.

edit on 5-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I hope the feminists jump all over this guy but I doubt they will with him being such a big democrat supporter.

Then they need to jump on Lisa Bloom too for defending this sleaze.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ghouls, the amount of # that goes down in that utopia that is Hollywood is horrific.

We should spend less time worrying about a few random nutjobs and look at the systematic decades of horror that infests these institutions.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This isn't news. The Casting Couch has been around as long as the movies, and probably before that.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Kind of rough on the guy, eh?

I hope he’s not a mason…I mean what if he is the grand master, he might send some folks after you with a post like that.

Just joking

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
This isn't news. The Casting Couch has been around as long as the movies, and probably before that.

Rape, exploitation of children Is a bit beyond a casting couch.

If an adult what's to sleep their way to the top, concensually, that's one thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Kind of rough on the guy, eh?

Not at all. Take a look at all the blonde actresses that have appeared in 2-3 of his films in a row and then get no other roles starting from the early 1990's up until recently. Every blonde 'it girl' of her day that worked for that company could probably tell you something.

I just want to preface that by saying everything my friend has told me is hearsay, but he has the goods, he's worked with many very famous people in both the film and music industry. Many of his other stories, both funny and appalling, had corroboration that satisfied any skepticism I may have had.

edit on 5-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Um just joking with you.

But like you mentioned I am very surprised Lisa Bloom is defending this guy.

She usually is fanatic against this stuff

Weinstein is just getting her for her reputation and hoping people will say

Oh, if she defends him he must be innocent

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think there's a little quid pro quo too. Guess who's adapting her story for TV?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Rose McGowan was talking about this a few weeks ago again, practically naming him without naming him. I think she has a book out or something?

Anyway, that's probably why it's back in the spotlight. And rightly so. Hopefully it encourages enough women to come forward and collectively go to the police.

But, after the Cosby case, they may not.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Typically leftist behavior....

Sexually harass every female with a pulse while preaching about feminism and the intolerant right...it would be comical if not so tragic...

Judd Apatow will be taking notes on how Mr. Weinstein gets out of this...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Lurker1

Rape, exploitation of children Is a bit beyond a casting couch.

If an adult what's to sleep their way to the top, concensually, that's one thing.

Do you seriously think classic Hollywood women stars wanted to sleep with some of these sleazes to get roles early in their careers?

You might as well call all of them whores.

JHC.

Parents of minors in the business have a responsibility to their children. If you read about some of the ways these kids were/are accessed, you'll find that there was/is a lot of absentee parenting. Good parents are vigilant.

Example, James Dean was smitten with Pier Angeli, but her mother knew Dean's reputation and gave him the parental boot.
edit on 10/5/2017 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Rose McGowan was talking about this a few weeks ago again, practically naming him without naming him. I think she has a book out or something?

Anyway, that's probably why it's back in the spotlight. And rightly so. Hopefully it encourages enough women to come forward and collectively go to the police.

But, after the Cosby case, they may not.

Whatever happened with that? I don't remember him going to prison, or anything else for that matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The real face of Hollywood, a sick liberal utopia!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Should run for president. The right would elect him right away.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Typically leftist behavior....

Sexually harass every female with a pulse while preaching about feminism and the intolerant right...it would be comical if not so tragic...

Judd Apatow will be taking notes on how Mr. Weinstein gets out of this...

-Chris

Yeah that kind of behavior belongs on the right, it might even help you get elected.

Or did you guys magically forget about Trump and his exploits.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

Talk about utopia, you got your sexual deviant elected.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear

originally posted by: WUNK22

Talk about utopia, you got your sexual deviant elected.

The notion and what constitutes sexual deviancy differs from person to person.

<<   2 >>

join