It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the world be like under hardliner Muslim rule?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Everyone talks about how horrible America is and how terrible we treat everyone in the Middle East and I was just wondering how things would be if the shoe was on the other foot?

What would you be looking forward to if the Hardliners in the Muslim Party were the sole world super power?

Instead of being forced to have elections and allow Wal-Marts and MacDonalds what would we have?

Women would have to cover themselves from head to foot.

Be-heading and stoning people in sports arenas would become everyones national past time.

Only one Religion would be allowed.

There would be Religious police spying on everyone to make sure all were good little Muslims,

I will add to the list later but this should be a good start.

If the shoe was on the other foot what could we expect if OBL or the Taliban ruled Europe oe the USA?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I know this isn't answering your question, but what is the point in that question? Are you saying that we should put up or accept that as an only other alternative? Are you claiming that all Muslims are evil? It's time we stopped the religious propoganda wars ("im better and more civilised than you") and seek the truth and justice in these matters instead.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ordering The Sampler

Originally posted by Amuk
If the shoe was on the other foot what could we expect if OBL or the Taliban ruled Europe oe the USA?

Actually, we're getting a taste of it in both the U.S. and Europe.

"Protected" religions can do whatever they please, but unprotected ones are being stamped out under official cover.

Enjoy your newfound "freedom".

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
I know this isn't answering your question, but what is the point in that question? Are you saying that we should put up or accept that as an only other alternative?

Hardly, I am asking people to take a realistic veiw of those not only we but Russia and others are fighting.

Are you claiming that all Muslims are evil? It's time we stopped the religious propoganda wars ("im better and more civilised than you") and seek the truth and justice in these matters instead.

I am in no way claiming all muslims are evil, far from it, I made a point of saying HARDLINERS.

How can we seek truth and justice but ignore what they wish the world to be? Its really not that hard of a question.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
In my opinion the question is based on a sweeping generalization from stereotypes of a "hardliner Muslim" to "Taliban" to "Muslim Party".

It would be equivalent in relevance to imagining a world under the rule of Jerry Falwell and John Ashcroft.

I think many people would benefit from enhancing their knowledge about Islamic faith and culture. In that way ignorance does not become an excuse.

The most immediate lifestyle changes for someone truly embracing an Islamic faith would be prayer 5x per day, maybe some dietary changes, and dealing with people and things with more courtesy and respect.

I am not of the Islamic faith, but I observe that just as "hardliner Muslims" might abuse their position, there are a few professing Christians here who are not Christian (not directed at present company).

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would hate it there would be no beer, no women in bikinis at the beach and no pork for snags on the barby (translation = sausages on the BBQ). That is just about all of the things i love

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
But even in Saudi Arabia you have the religious police, etc.

My main point is if OBL or the Taliban Had control of America like we did parts of the Middle East what could we expect?

Was the Taliban courteous to the Women they stoned to death?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You have enough current erosion of your basic civil rights and liberties to want to fight what is going on in the USA today under its own dictatorship. Yet, on plan and on schedule, you become more concerned about bogeymen and foreign devils and imaginary hardships as if these are the true threat. Is it xenophobia that causes that, or real concern that the US government cannot protect its own soil from successful foreign invasion??

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Why are you dodging the question MA?

I am against the war in Iraq to begin with, and do not for ONE moment think the can take over the USA. This is a simple question for all those that claim OBL and the Taliban have the Moral high ground.

If you cant answer thats OK.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That is a useful clarification, but do you honestly think that there are many people reading this who think that Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban have moral high ground?

My concern is more that stereotypes can tend to tar everyone with the same brush. Impressionable "youngsters"
may not know much difference between hardline and moderate as far as foreign cultures go.

The world under Taliban rule would be scripturally rule bound, autocratic, uncreative, in fear of saying anything to rock the apple cart... same as where some western countries have charted their course really... there would be a little more illicit trade in opium and other black marketeering under cover of the night... and there would be less razors sold than any time in the past 150 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The world under Taliban rule would be scripturally rule bound, autocratic, uncreative, in fear of saying anything to rock the apple cart... same as where some western countries have charted their course really... there would be a little more illicit trade in opium and other black marketeering under cover of the night... and there would be less razors sold than any time in the past 150 years.

It would be all those things, and more. You have left out the fact that there would be daily executions of women for such attrocities as showing leg skin, or sassing their husbands. I'd hate to have to explain to my son why his mommy was just executed at point blank range by an AK-47 in the middle of his school playground.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Women would have to cover themselves from head to foot.

this is a bastardisation of a teaching in the Koran, instituted by the Kingdoms to suppress revolt.

Be-heading and stoning people in sports arenas would become everyones national past time.

also an extreme reading of Islam. The old testament advocates such measures also, remember?

Only one Religion would be allowed.

During the heyday of the Muslim empire, Christians and Jews were treated fairly. Jews in particular.

There would be Religious police spying on everyone to make sure all were good little Muslims

Also fascist measures instituted under the name of Islam. True followers of the faith and Allah denounce such acts.

What is happening now is like the dark ages for the muslim faith, where everything is done in the name of an oppressive church. Curiously, it also occured about a 1500 years from the beginning of Islam, just like the dark ages occured 1500 after the beginning of christianity.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There are at least a few positive aspects to such a reality. If you take Saudi Arabia as a model for this global Islamic extremist rule, they have one of the lowest crime rates of any nation. Now there would be stonings, beheadings, and what have you, but since the crime rate would be so low those events would be few and far between. I've also read that Saudi Arabia has very little or no homelessness.

Their religion favors personal security over personal freedoms and this has always been the case. So basically if you would live under world Islamic extremist rule, you would have little to fear in the way of getting mugged, murdered, assaulted, or anything unless it was you who committed an illegal action. There would always be a roof over your head as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think you raise a very good question and my answer would be to look at Saudi Arabia and then look at Turkey.

These 'hardliners' are the problem, Islam will do as Christianity did, it will change...or it will cease...one of the two...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

There are at least a few positive aspects to such a reality. If you take Saudi Arabia as a model for this global Islamic extremist rule, they have one of the lowest crime rates of any nation. Now there would be stonings, beheadings, and what have you, but since the crime rate would be so low those events would be few and far between. I've also read that Saudi Arabia has very little or no homelessness.

Hey Frith, just for a note...all Hitler wanted to do was kill anyone not like him. After that was over, everyone would live peacefully and they'd have a real low crime rate.

Their religion favors personal security over personal freedoms and this has always been the case. So basically if you would live under world Islamic extremist rule, you would have little to fear in the way of getting mugged, murdered, assaulted, or anything unless it was you who committed an illegal action. There would always be a roof over your head as well.

And what would you care? unless you wanted to do something. ANYTHING that they didn't like....bang...your stoned or beheaded or what not.

I'll put you and all your friends in a sweat shop Frith, I take all the money and I keep ya fed and a roof over your head. No matter how hard ya work.

woo...I am so going to be living the high life now....

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
Hey Frith, just for a note...all Hitler wanted to do was kill anyone not like him. After that was over, everyone would live peacefully and they'd have a real low crime rate.

That actually is something that appeals to many people. Even in the continental U.S.. Eradication of muslims to end muslim based terrorism appeals to enough people including in our own military, to allow the War on Terrorism to continue at its current pace. I know several people online and off who have given me these exact sentiments. I don't hold them, but I know many that do.

And what would you care? unless you wanted to do something. ANYTHING that they didn't like....bang...your stoned or beheaded or what not.

If you are caught doing anything illegal anywhere, including the United States your life is basically over as well. You lose many of your freedoms and nobody will hire you for decent wages again. For all intents and purposes, depending on your crime you may as well be dead. For many in the Islamic faith, they just prefer to get it over with quicker.

I'll put you and all your friends in a sweat shop Frith, I take all the money and I keep ya fed and a roof over your head. No matter how hard ya work.

I know nothing of Saudi Arabian sweat shops so I can't make any comment on this.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Amuk, this has been done before. It was called the Dark Ages. If Rome had been able to continue progressive development without Islamic attacks, we would have colonized the Moon a hundred years ago. If Islam ruled, as men, you and I would be enslaved or executed. Our women would be enslaved or placed in concubinage. If we converted, we would be examined constantly and not allowed to enjoy most of the freedoms we hold sacred. Most of the technology we enjoy would become contraband:

In matters political Islam is a system of despotism at home and aggression abroad. The Prophet commanded absolute submission to the imâm. In no case was the sword to be raised against him. The rights of non-Moslem subjects are of the vaguest and most limited kind, and a religious war is a sacred duty whenever there is a chance of success against the "Infidel". Medieval and modern Mohammedan, especially Turkish, persecutions of both Jews and Christians are perhaps the best illustration of this fanatical religious and political spirit.

Zapata, you should know better. Yeah, I'm Native American, and yeah I'm quoting the Church. When Mohammed comes knocking, I cross myself and kiss my pic of Maria Guadalupe. After the neighborhood kicks his burrito, I go back to my sweatlodge. If Islam had left Europeans alone, they would never had been pushed into the ocean, and maybe I'd still be a free man in my own land.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
That is a useful clarification, but do you honestly think that there are many people reading this who think that Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban have moral high ground?

I see them post every day on this board. I was hoping to get a response from them on this question but I notice they have avoided it like the plague. My point to make was even if you dont agree with what the President is doing how choked up can you get over a group of people that would cheerfully saw your head off and film it or enslave people or stone rape victims in a sport arena?

My concern is more that stereotypes can tend to tar everyone with the same brush. Impressionable "youngsters"
may not know much difference between hardline and moderate as far as foreign cultures go.

Then maybe they should be educated about the difference instead of being told that any criticism of the Muslim Fanatics was just racist warmongering?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I think you raise a very good question and my answer would be to look at Saudi Arabia and then look at Turkey.

These 'hardliners' are the problem, Islam will do as Christianity did, it will change...or it will cease...one of the two...

This just needed repeating. Islam is not the problem no more than Christianity is the reason for Abortion clinic bombings, Gay bashing or the KKK.

But just as mainstream Christians have distanced themselves from their fanatics Muslims must do so to, or be lumped in with them

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Everyone talks about how horrible America is and how terrible we treat everyone in the Middle East and I was just wondering how things would be if the shoe was on the other foot?

LOL, I love that talk!

Hey chinese people, it's not so bad in your forced labor camps, after all, you could be getting your hands chopped off in Saudia Arabia. Hey people in Saudia Arabia, it's not so bad, you could be in Sudan being slaughtered.

And that makes it all better. As long as there is a worse country in the world, then your respective country is alright.

Hey, maybe we don't need to do any legislation since there are worse countries!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I think you get my point now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join