It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women! Important travel advice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lost? Confused? Not sure which way to turn?

Do you, in fact, not even know which town you are in or what day it is? Or perhaps you'd like directions to a shop whose name you can't remember, but was definitely "around here somewhere, and it had a green sign on the door"?

Maybe you've forgotten your own name and address?

Why not just get on the first bus that comes along, with no real intention of boarding, and force the driver to hold a long, vague, and totally confusing conversation!

It will brighten up the driver's day and all the passengers will be really entertained as they sit there, stewing in silence, while you prevent them from continuing with their journeys! I mean, it's not like any of them were going anywhere important, is it?

And breeeeaaaathe...

(Apologies for the outrageous sexism, it's just that this has happened to me at least a dozen times recently. And yes, it's always women.)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Good luck with this thread!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

You have to check your male privilege, bwaaaaa ha ha.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It's happened to you a dozen times that women approach you who don't know who or where they are???

Are you in a senior community or something?
edit on 5-10-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What you describe reminds me of the good qualities of bus drivers; they used to be friendly and helpful towards passengers. I can't remember a single negative experience with any of them.

What changed to make you get pissed off with your customers??

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Well at least a woman would ask for directions.... In all seriousness whether it's male or female, I think your placing blame in the wrong place. Is it not up to the driver to be helpful yet keep it short so as not to delay the service?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Frankly no, but I wonder if a psychiatric community has closed down recently, given the number of confused ladyfolk who are wandering around in my borough, holding up public transport.

Oh yeah, and it's not me they ask for directions. I'm not a bus driver.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I'll check my privilege when they start checking a sodding map!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I thought you were going to say "Don't visit Saudi Arabia".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Give them some bread, mayo, and some ham slices.

They will know what to do then.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Some of them might actually be trying to get to Saudi Arabia, for all I know, given the complexity of the discussions they hold with the bus drivers.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Would you prefer they go to the shady shifty man standing in the alley? If a woman needs directions, she will likely head towards a group of people. I'm sure they weren't trying to inconvenience you or anyone else.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

They could always ask, you know, another woman. (Or are you suggesting that women know other women can't read maps and are useless at giving directions? That's an interesting implication).

And no, I'm sure they aren't trying to hold anyone up. That's actually the worst thing about it - they don't even care.

Actually, I started this in a light-hearted mood and now I'm getting too involved in arguing a position I don't really hold. So, my rant is over and I'm abandoning it. Better out than in, or so they say...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I can navigate by stars and mountains as long as I'm in Europe. I never get lost.
Also there's an easy way to know where you are, NESW. And you know sun is in the south when it's almost above you.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

They can't drive either.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
TRY PATIENCE.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You are correct. They could've asked another woman. Just not me as I'm terrible at directions. The last time I gave directions it included....."when you see the cream colored cow sleeping by the fence, turn right" and "when you pass the barn that has 'elvis lives here' spray painted on the side, you've gone too far.

I'm sorry my comment caused you to feel worse instead of better. Better out than in is correct.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama
ha , well that beats me, i usually start with scratching my head and saying 'hmmm'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join