It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bump Stock Ban Legislation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I do believe this wouldn't have happened, at least not to the degree it did, in Vegas if the mafia was still running the show. Those boys ran a tight ship and were a threat to nobody who was in Vegas for legitimate reasons, didn't attempt to cheat the system, and minded their own business.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I'm opposed to the ban, although I feel the bump stock is downright ridiculous piece of kit to slap on an AR. Accuracy with one is but a bitter memory and they're no where near as satisfying to use as an actual full auto.

I oppose the ban because it does nothing to combat what happened in Vegas... no legislation would have prevented that from happening. Humanity has this sick, twisted knee jerk of "OMG, there must be something we could have done" anytime the SHTF. Nobody wants to accept the fact that, hey, SNIP happens and sometimes there's not a damn thing you can do about it beforehand. The only action item here, the only takeaway for every American, should be to always be prepared. Know your surroundings, know your situation, and if you're not the first person killed when it goes to hell, be ready to do what's necessary to ensure you're not the next one on the ground.

+100

This ban is just PR optics so the politicians can look like they accomplished something to the ignorant masses. Paddock may have got more kills with a high powered scope than a bump stock novelty spraying rounds.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The thing that most people don't understand is you do not need a special stock to bumb fire. You can do it with ANY semi automatic weapon with absolutely no modifications what so ever.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I oppose bump stocks- but I also oppose any law designed to tell me what I can and cannot own.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Don't tell anyone but the Franklin Binary Trigger system is a much more effective tool.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I think over the next week or so most people will get that. It's all over TV and at some point the spinners will have to admit that... and then say that more needs to be done.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So there's apparently a push in Congress to ban these bump stocks, which enabled the shooter in Las Vegas to fire semi-auto weapons in a manner more consistent with a full-auto weapon.

Are they going to ban rubber bands next ?

All it takes is two of them and you get the same effect.

Bunch of morons.

The anti's.

edit on 5-10-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
*Facepalm* Bump stocks aren't even very accurate trying to use it as a full auto. Plus there is a plethora of ways to get around it... This will do nothing... Just like banning guns will do nothing.

Nothing is illegal until you get caught.

ETA: But I guess if you're firing into a crowd of people it wouldn't matter about accuracy. Man, why do people always have to F# a good thing by being stupid. This is why we can never have nice things.. because of retards.

No truer words have been spoken: My freedoms don't end where your feelings begin.
edit on 10/5/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'll happily compromise with the antigunners and agree to banning bump stocks if they pass the hearing protection act.

Stalking around the woods looking for deer with ear plugs in sounds stupid, lets turn the volume down!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Freedom only matters to people when it is for a right they support.

I am so sick of right wing and left wing people being okay with less freedom for the other side. We need to quit trying to take each others freedom away.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I own guns, and as much as I hate these mass shootings, I don’t want them taken away. That being said, I don’t know why anyone needs some of these weapons. Gonna shoot a deer with a military grade automatic weapon? Really?? Bump stock or no.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Aotomatics are illegal though in truth even the military is getting away from them. They found 3 round bursts are much more effective. If thus guy didn't have 30000 targets he wouldn't have hit anyone with a bump stock. Case in point the security guard he apparently shot 200 + rounds at him and only managed to wound him.

However I do believe the 2 companies that make bump stocks should be sued since this was an attempt to get around automatic rifle restrictions. If he made them himself that would be one thing but to sell them is entirely different. This guy wasn't a fire arms expert and I have serious doubts he would have figured out on his own how to automate the trigger pulls.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I spent a few years in my spare time, working for a FFL shop, building custom AR-15's and Ak variants, so I am familiar with the industry. I just checked and the price of a bump stock is up 400% today.

I would love to see a photo inventory of the weapons found in that room.
I saw the rifle in the photo with a bump stock on it. I am still willing to bet the weapon I heard in the video was a full auto, ak-47. I don't think a crapy bump stock will fire 70 rounds without Some sort of stoppage, it's one of the worst accessories possible for a rifle, and yes it should be a crime to put that crap on a high quality Daniel's Defense rifle.

As for banning a bump stock, I see no effect, it's just a photo opportunity for a tin horn politician.

I would like the see a nation wide CCP and the Hearing Protection Act passed, as both of these make sense to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This guy wasn't a fire arms expert and I have serious doubts he would have figured out on his own how to automate the trigger pulls.

All indications are that he was smart enough to do a web search.

Maybe he tried the product and found it more effective, though.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Probably should be banned. But since these work hard at skirting the rules i think victims should sue these two companies into oblivion. Victims get money and these things are removed from the market win win.

Oh the social justice.

Fifty eight people dead + the shooter. Aren't you the internet hero?

So then, I suppose you support the banning of alcohol seeing as how they cause 88,000 deaths annualy in the US? I imagine you also support erroneous lawsuits targeted at not only the alcohol manufacturers but also liquor stores for selling it?

I love how some people jump at key issues du jour and like a "bump stock" start pin firing away at all the items they believe should be banned just because - reasons.

Alcohol related financial burden is in the vicinity of 249 billion USD per year, I think you will be hard pressed to come within a fraction of that financial burden based upon firearms altercations.

Yea.....guns and mods are the problem >.>
edit on 5-10-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just reading the tea leaves, I think the most likely outcome here is that there will be no new legislation, but rather, the GOP Congress is going to try to punt this back to the ATF in hopes that they'll revise their interpretation of the full auto rules to include these types of devices.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They will want to retroactively ban all weapons that can be converted via the bump stock as well as the bump stock device since so many are already out in the public.

No DB! It's just a flag. Just one flag!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They will want to retroactively ban all weapons that can be converted via the bump stock as well as the bump stock device since so many are already out in the public.

No DB! It's just a flag. Just one flag!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: dragonridr

This guy wasn't a fire arms expert and I have serious doubts he would have figured out on his own how to automate the trigger pulls.

All indications are that he was smart enough to do a web search.

Maybe he tried the product and found it more effective, though.

Yeah he apparently got lots of help because he could buy what he needed. If he had to learn how to do it without it I think he would have failed miserably.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Your an idiot if you can think if any reason someone needs to use a bump stock. The whole idea was to make a semi auto seem like a full auto. Yeah this is something needed shoot 1000 rounds to attempt to kill a deer. This manufacturer should be sued by the Victims and they would win by arguing this device was designed to dot nothing but cause carnage. You can't aim with them so no target shooting you cant hunt with them and expeCT to hit anything g look at the security guard 200 + rounds and he only hit him in the leg. And apparently not eBen a severe enough injury to prevent him from clearing guests out of the floor.

Fools like you want to clain there was some practical use for this but guess what there isn't. I say no need to ban just let the people injured and killed fluke a law suit and bankrupt the company.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join