It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 feet giant python killed in Indonesia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Snakes dont really bother me i know how to read their body language. The real issue is me screaming like a sissy when i eventually find a huntsman scurrying around the kitchen. I know they dont tend to bite but tarantula sized and very athletic is a combo that makes me uneasy

A common story for many Aussies. Take off in morning and reach heavy traffic, when you notice a huge huntsman must have crawled out from somewhere (they seem to enjoy stowing away), and is on the windscreen in front of you. Then you wonder is it on the outside or the inside of the windscreen...when the wipers do nothing you realize...Though really they are harmless, still gives a fright lol.

edit on 6-10-2017 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Heres a copperhead found in my parents driveway last week.

Looks obviously like a viper? Shame, nice looking creature.

We get copperheads here but very different to this (elapids). Similar to our blacksnakes, poisonous but not really aggressive. Very chilled out.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Yeah its a type of pit viper. Beautiful snakes and only strike if you nearly step on them. I usually only see them down close to the water near creeks n ponds.

As for the huntsman. There was a new story last year about a guy in brisbane i think who had the police arrive for what was reported as suspected spousal abuse because the neighbors heard furniture being thrown aroubd and a wonan shrieking. Turns out he lived alone and was battling a huntsman that was scurrying from cover to cover in his flat

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Anyway, hope you enjoy Qld. Wouldn't worry too much about our wildlife, it's nowhere near as bad as people like to make out. Lot of Aussies like exaggerating to wind people up for their own amusement.

edit on 7-10-2017 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Big Huge snake middle of tropical rain forest .
first thing to do is run up bare handed and grab it .

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Yep, that guy must have a death wish alright

-MM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join