It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body cam released in fatal shooting of Patrick Harmon by Salt Lake City Police Department

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: notsure1

Have you ever tried to look it up for yourself?

Have you ever trained with knives? Have you ever trained to defend against a knife? Have you ever trained with a gun or how to defend against a gun?

Let me guess, you think that a gun is the more deadly weapon in a hand-to-hand scenario...

I cant find one...

You didn't look very hard.

Even if he had a knife he was in no position to stab anyone he was 8 feet away.

And you've apparently never heard of the term "reactionary gap."

So he has a knife shoot.... That is your training? Reactionary gap lol cmon man..

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yah, he got em, alright.

Got away with it too. After all he was unarmed and fleeing , while black.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Have you ever tried to look it up for yourself?

Have you ever trained with knives? Have you ever trained to defend against a knife? Have you ever trained with a gun or how to defend against a gun?

Let me guess, you think that a gun is the more deadly weapon in a hand-to-hand scenario...

I cant find one...

You didn't look very hard.

Even if he had a knife he was in no position to stab anyone he was 8 feet away.

And you've apparently never heard of the term "reactionary gap."

So he has a knife shoot.... That is your training? Reactionary gap lol cmon man..

So...no real argument to make, you're just gonna stick with the lol cmon man shtick?

Neat.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

lol typical liberal

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I've seen a lot of video of police shootings I didn't feel were justified but if that's a knife in his hand, I've got no problem with this one. The man stopped running and turned around to confront the cop. Eight feet is not a long distance. It could be closed with a step or two and a lunge in a fraction of a second.

Had he been 28 feet away, I would have expected the cop to yell a command and give him a chance to comply but with that small of a distance between the two, it's just not reasonable to assume that anyone, cop or otherwise, would wait to see what he was going to do next imo.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What I asked a question.. You are the one deflecting lmao. Are police trained to defend knife attacks?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"that small of a distance" cmon man lol

*eyeroll*

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: penroc3

Normally I would agree with you but there are cases of Police officers killing innocents for no reason.

The real problem here is the militarization of the police which Trump didn't addressed but actively encouraged.

So what does this case have to with that? Or how are you defining "innocent"? With this case, I lean more towards thinking the guy would still be alive had he complied. Trying to make people understand that bad things can happen if you don't comply isn't bad advice just because the cops have allegedly killed innocents in other cases.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Looks like murder to me... Isnt that why they have tazers.

I will just leave this here

Yep Im going with huge pussy..

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
still deflecting?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

*eyeroll*

So are cops trained to deal with knife attacks?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

when will people learn, comply and you wont get hurt.

LOL yeah right.

Show me one video of a guy listening to all of the commands, yet being shot anyway..

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

*eyeroll*

Cmon man.. Are they trained to defend against knife attacks or not? Is that all you have eyeroll.. lol..

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bewolkt

My point is that there are a lot of people who think everyone who were attacked by the police are guilty.

edit on 10/5/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

when will people learn, comply and you wont get hurt.

LOL yeah right.

Show me one video of a guy listening to all of the commands, yet being shot anyway..

this one is pretty close he gets out lays on the ground then gets shot.

What about the guy in Baltimore who got in the paddy wagon fine and came out dead?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

But you can't "keep it real" listening to directions!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Funny I've never ran from multiple stops by police and I'm still living.

Really makes you think.

So if someone runs they should die?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: majesticgent

This one's a tough one. Of course, it's never good to just go off of the video, so I'll wait and see what investigations reveal. If they've already been done, does someone have a link to info from them?

The officer has already been cleared. This shooting happened back in August, and due to the Freedom of Information Act they are just now releasing the body cam footage to the public.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: majesticgent

And of course no charges for the cop for shooting a guy in the back. BLM has a point.

BLM doesn't care about black lives until a cop is involved. BLM has no point, just an agenda.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
According to the report Harmon had active felony warrants and that as he ran he turned toward police officers with a knife and said "I'll cut you".

That doesn't seem to leave a lot of options for the cops at that point, if they don't stop him at that point he could be a danger not only to the police but the public. Say he grabbed another person and held them hostage with the knife?

This looks like a questionable shooting but looking deeper it seems justifiable to me.

The left got lost during the Bush II era and were never found again. They can't decipher fantasy from reality.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join