It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What NOT to do in an active shooter situation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Yep.

I like him even less now.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It seems he fancies himself an investigative journalist. Lucky he didn't fancy himself right into a zipped body bag. Pendejo.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've actually been meaning to write a thread about prejudice and how it's the ultimate downfall of mankind. This guy is actually being judged by a lot of people very negatively due to his personality, etc.

I understand that it's fair to say he's arrogant and prideful, but most of us are too.
I understand that you could call him shallow minded and materialistic, but really who isn't?

Look, I dunno what he's been through, I dunno what any of you have been through. I dunno your life. I dunno why you made the choices you make.

I'm a very prejudiced person, and I judge all of you harshly, every last one. And I'm a hypocrite too, just like every other person that ever lived. And I too, am idiotic at times, because I'm a flawed fallible human being.

What this guy just went through was a nightmare ok? Who cares if he reacted foolishly? I don't. He, and anyone with a beating Heart, will be scarred by this horrific tragedy.

I'm trying to turn a new leaf in life, and have been trying for awhile. It's not easy, because judging others is like our nature. Being wrong about them is the inevitable consequence.

Do I want people judging me wrongly? NO.
So why the hell do I think I can judge others, no one is qualified to accurately judge someone else except God.
In the end that's all that matters.

I'm not gonna say I can stop judging so easily cold turkey.
I realize it happens and will happen.
But I'm damn sure trying to tone down my hypocrisy and my negative attitudes.

I would kindly ask others to at least consider what I'm saying here and to be more Merciful and express Grace when judging others. I am trying very hard to have Mercy and Grace for others myself - because that's what I WILL be asking God for when I get judged.

Wake up.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I dunno if you remember but 10 years ago I judged Masons very negatively, and felt that they could have accomplished a lot of really good things but instead most people abused the lodge by going into it for selfish reasons and to exploit the network for their own $$$ gain. Which I viewed very negatively.

But a few years ago I realized that I was failing to grasp something, that I am a hypocrite and a fool and that I # stuff up too, and that I'm selfish and immature and I need to start growing up (at least a lil bit).

That's when I realized that I'm no better than a Mason, or a Janitor, or a Junkie on the curb, or the Queen of England or the Pope. I'm not saying we're all the same, but in terms of egalitarianism, we should be considered equals even if we are not - for the sake of Justice and Righteousness.

And so I had realized that if I really care about Justice, I need to serve it to those I react towards in this world. I know I'm not perfect and I am very prejudiced every day, some more than others. But I am getting better at catching it and overcoming it.

That's why I don't judge you for being a Mason so much anymore. I actually just decided you're a human being like me, and all of this stuff is irrelevant and meaningless in the end. And that's why I decided I love you as a person. You can be an ass all you want, but it's OK - I am too. We're even. I accept you.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Good, because I think the asshat we are discussing is an asshat. I've seen other videos of him now and my opinion is even less than it was at the top of the page.

Now, I'm not saying I would have approved of that police officer shooting him in the kneecap, because that's like really, really illegal, but if there was an 'accidental' discharge I may have chuckled.

ETA: Oh, and I'm not judging, I'm stating my opinion. I judged him earlier.

edit on 5-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So I don't care how big of an ass this guy is, or the Rockefeller's or the Rothschild's, or the Devil himself. That's right, I realized I have no standing to judge even the Devil. Who am I? I dunno why people are who they are.

I barely even know 'why' I'm me, and I am actually me. I'm the only one who could know who I am and why I am the way I am, and I'm aware that I don't really know.

So how could I possibly judge any of you virtuously?

I admit, I don't actually really like anyone except maybe my 2 kids. Usually I greatly dislike most people most of the time, even seemingly nice people. But I'm doing better lately, I'm tolerant and more understanding, I'm much more gracious and merciful.

That's because I finally realized that I'm going to be judged based exactly on how I judge all of you. And my God, I'm screwed if I don't clean up my act quickly.

How many of you can admit that?
All of you should be.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Honesty is a good first step Aug, lol.
I don't like him either, but like I said above, I don't really like anyone usually.

On the other hand, I can get along with anyone really well.
It's a strange dichotomy.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Honesty is a good first step Aug, lol.

When have I ever not shared my honest opinion? I don't do sugar coat.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hmmmm, so those times you didn't say anything and remained silent, did you not really have an opinion to share? Wow maybe I have left you thinking about things a few times then...

Cool.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Is there a specific thread you're asking about? Us CIA chatbots don't get to all of them.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Life is about learning lessons.

The lesson here is don’t ask cops in the middle of a shootout for their guns.

Class dismissed.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Stop judging Dan the Man, you have no idea how tough it is to be a BUDS washout and a multimillionaire. We should have turned him loose on Hurricane Harvey.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

There's a lot not to like, so go right ahead.

Egotistical blowhard.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Could we please.......

stay on topic????

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm glad I have zero idea who this douche nozzle is.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I like Dan, and he did the right thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Someone with SF knowledge would probably not approach the situation like this person did. And for sure not ask for a cops gun.

What this dude should have asked for is police commands location at the seen. And run over there and present him self with he's credentials. If he is what he was potraying to be he could probably join the SWAT team that was practically put together on the fly. But i doubt they would have used him even if he was a groomed seal. Which he was not.

What this person did could have gotten him killed by the police.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

32 floors 100 meters NOT 300 ,approach is right beneath, shoot ABOVE the target with windage.
NO SNIPER is necessary,any expert rifleman can do it.
THEN get arrested for it afterward,NO good deed ever goes unpunished.
edit on 6-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Just one of many people who in their own way, tried to help on that terrible night.....be that in the right way or wrong way.

It's easy to sit here and say what we would have done....but none of us have been in a situation like this before......even those who served wouldn't have experienced this level of what was essentially shooting fish in a barrel.

Not that I'd have asked a cop for a gun. I can see how he might have thought he had the skill with a firearm to be able to help, but still.

All you can do is try to do the right thing I guess.....like these lads......some Brit soldiers who were apparently doing combat first aid training in the area and were on a break in Vegas. ....

news.sky.com...

Shame there will be so many more heroes that night well never hear about.
CX

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join