It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What NOT to do in an active shooter situation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So this fella (I won't be using his name, because I'm pretty sure he prowls the internet looking for references to himself) has already taken some heat for a video he posted of himself during the shooting in Las Vegas. The crux of the issue with that video is that he's filming himself running away from the concert venue (he was there for the concert), which is perfectly fine. What's raised some eyebrows is that as he's running, he's talking about running past people that have been shot. Considering he bills himself as an Instagram "famous" tactical operator ninja, people are curious why he wasn't doing what we've learned countless others did: help those who needed help. His explanation so far is that he was running back to his truck to get his gun, and then ran back to the venue.

Annnnnnd now this video gets out. Here we see our hero "running towards the sound of guns" and taking cover. When a couple of Las Vegas officers run over and take cover behind the same barrier he's at, amid the sound of ongoing gunfire, he quite literally asks one of them for his gun. And then appears to be incredulous and offended at the officers' reaction to his request.

So please, folks, if you ever should find yourself in an active shooter situation, do whatever you feel confident in doing. Stand your ground and try to return fire. Run away and get yourself to safety. Hunker down and hope for the best. But for the love of *insert whatever you hold dear here*, don't ask a cop for his gun in the middle of an ongoing shooting.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Asking a cop for his gun? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! It's so stupid it's almost funny.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Wow, one of those guys we constantly call "Keyboard Commandos" turned out to be the real deal, douchebaggery and all.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So where was his gun? Did he lie that he had a gun in his car?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Its generally the loudest most braggy ones who havent an absolute clue what to do. They're also usually not experienced at all with the type of situations they make themselves out to be. And what...he was running to his truck cause he generally keeps a long gun with optics in there??? Yea ok...

Edit: Also what kind of shooter does he think he is to even ask for that officers rifle which has no real optics to make 300+ meter shot in the dark at a hotel that was occupied by innocents...even the most experienced military snipers wouldn't be attempting shots like that with the risks involved. What a jackass!
edit on 5-10-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just goes to show that there are those that can talk a good story, and can have all sorts of neat ideas.

It's a completely different critter to actually put what you think you know to the test when it is a live situation.

No one is going to give you a gun tho, especially a police officer.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

That was my initial reaction when I saw this video.

Who knows, maybe he just wanted to dual-wield them Call of Duty style. He's pretty ninja like that.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I like what a Medal Of Honor recipient said

This is why children shouldn’t classify heroes by their followers or their photos.

Instagram star? More like insta douche

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What NOT to do???

Ummmm...what is, sit back and wait for SWAT to show up quickly and save your bacon, for $200, Alex????

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You should read the OP. I was pretty clear about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Who is Alex?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Who is Alex?

Correct.

edit on 5-10-2017 by FauxMulder because: Hes talking about Alex Trebeck (Jeopardy)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I can't say I have a problem with a trained Navy SEAL (alright, he didn't graduate but he went through 95% of the training) wanting to help in that situation.

Why?

Because at that point, nobody knew what was going on. For all Dan knew, there could've been twenty ISIS members with AK's tactically moving through Vegas killing hundreds of people. All he knew for sure was that there was gunfire, and people were dying, and he was ready to risk his life to save others.

I have no problem with anyone with Navy SEAL training taking those actions. Better the gun is in his hands than some beat cop.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What an absolute clown. How out of touch with reality is he that he thought any cop would ever hand over his firearm? I can't make out what he said to the cop but you just know it was something absurdly douchy about almost being a SEAL.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
LMFAO ....wow I had no idea this was even out there. Am I correct? Did I hear Dan say he was a cop and then proceed to show this officer a badge?

Is this guy for real??

Dan who ever is a total tool bag!!

Ok I watched it again...He does say he is a cop and flashes some sort of badge....I hope LV PD press charges on this asshat for impersonating an officer.

edit on 5-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

he didn't graduate but he went through 95% of the training

Which makes him not a SEAL.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This #in' guy actually asked a cop for his firearm? How stupid is he? He's seen Lethal Weapon a few too many times.

Once the police arrive on the scene it's time for you to get outta there. I would understand if he had a firearm and if he was in immediate danger, but this guy is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He said something about "I showed you my creds."

What, exactly, those creds might be I have no idea. I wasn't aware Instagram issues creds.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't know who that guy is, or really follow much of the side stories/videos about this event.

But based on the OP, i was picturing james yeager. I guess one douche is as good as the next one. Interchangable douchery, just add water and shake, a douche for all occasions.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Yea that's a no from me, dawg.

He got kicked out of BUD/S for a range safety violation. And graduating BUD/S doesn't make you a SEAL, it makes you a BUD/S graduate. You're not considered a SEAL until you've completed SQT. That's why you don't get your Trident until you finish SQT.

Sorry, but "I almost finished something really hard" doesn't count for much. Beyond that, clearly neither of those cops had any clue that they were in the presence of a guy who almost finished something but washed out.

Three times.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join