It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Shooting foretold by Mars Attacks Movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Mars Attacks (1996) now in hindsight looks like it foretold the Las Vegas Shooting in a fever dream version of events. There is the scene of the Martians attacking the crowd pretty much in the location of the LV shooting (Luxor pyramid hotel in background). There is the Country music connection: the victims were attending a country music concert - in the movie the Martians can only be defeated by blaring a country singer's (Slim Whitman) music at them. And finally there were those utterly bizarre headlines quoting the shooter's brother Eric Hudson Paddock of Orlando, Florida (wrongly) as saying in an NBC News interview: “Mars just fell into the earth,” “We’re completely dumbfounded.”

Short excerpt of LV scene of Mars Attacks:

Eric Hudson Paddock, of Orlando, Fla., told NBC that he had "no idea" why his brother committed the shooting. “Mars just fell into the earth,” he told NBC News. “We’re completely dumbfounded.”

Mars Just Fell Into Earth

Martians killed with country music:

So what the heck!? Predictive programming? Fever dream like interpretation of LV shooting channeled back in time through Akashik records or the collective subconscious/unconscious? I am not trying to be funny I just think that there is a lot more to our reality than we usually perceive.
edit on 5-10-2017 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2017 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: fixed video links

edit on 5-10-2017 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

The movie Back to the Future III predicted Florida would win the World Series in 1997. The thing is when the movie was made Florida did not have a baseball team! Ooooh, spooky!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The movie Back to the Future III predicted Florida would win the World Series in 1997. The thing is when the movie was made Florida did not have a baseball team! Ooooh, spooky!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Except didn't his brother say " a meteor fell hit the earth" or something to that effect..need to listen to the clip to make sure..been a long few days

Also the Luxor isn't the MB.. My guess is you haven't been there so don't know how far apart they are..

Also aliens didn't kill anyone , a waste of flesh,human did...

edit on 5-10-2017 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hmmm

1 LV under attack - check

2 country music link - check

3 mars reference from brother - check

Three strikes gets you a S&F for the coincidences ( or is it )

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

A bit of a stretch reaching all of the way to Mars!

The incidence of mass shootings/killing by a disaffected individual or group is directly related to the increase in terrorism around the world and brought to Western civil shores within the last few decades. Those acts, unlike the Oklahoma City bomb blast murders, tend to accent the idealism of surrendering oneself to the cause--whatever the cause may be. Such dedication is relatively unknown in the West and adds to the terror of the act. Given the spread of media news and produced shows that feature such events there will be increasing connections between these areas, but to "Mars Attacks?"

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think you maybe right with the misquote only it was Asteroid . Bit misleading I think in the article in the OP.

edit on 5-10-2017 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

That's why I wrote "wrongly quoted". But the headline is out there anyway. Fever dream interpretation of event, remember?

Yeah, the MB wasn't even built yet in 1996 it only opened in 1999. The Luxor can be seen quite prominently in the background of footage from the shooting. Again: fever dream interpretation...

I agree on "waste of flesh, human did... " But again: fever dream...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Don't forget about Eric's comment about an alien wearing a Steve suit.
"I’m praying for at least some data points. Because otherwise, the bug in ‘Men In Black’ put on a Steve suit and went and did this. There’s no other rationalisation.”

link to the quote

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

So you are using a fevered dream interpretation of a movie where one of your key argument has already been proven false to try and claim that movie predicting the shooting?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Long time since last crazy cool conspiracy theory. Love that smell.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well it beats the smell of covfefe threads...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
a reply to: Trueman

Well it beats the smell of covfefe threads...

Now this is something I agree with!!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

So you are using a fevered dream interpretation of a movie where one of your key argument has already been proven false to try and claim that movie predicting the shooting?

But it wasn't proven false, you are just too quick to judge.

Mars just fell into the Earth

edit on 5-10-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

But it wasn't proven false, you are just too quick to put judge.

My guess is you didnt watch the video linked there and just went on the incorrectly listed article title because the brother never says Mars..he says an Asteroid a few times...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

My guess is you didnt watch the video linked there and just went on the incorrectly listed article title because the brother never says Mars..he says an Asteroid a few times...

"Mars just fell into the earth," he told NBC News. "We're completely dumbfounded."

AL.com

He made two interviews, I even remember comments in the threadnaught about how it was weird that he made two similar but distinct comments while at the same time appearing like it was his first reaction.

Just google the quote.

Or is every news source wrong too?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

"Mars just fell into the earth," he told NBC News. "We're completely dumbfounded."

AL.com

He made two interviews, I even remember comments in the threadnaught about how it was weird that he made two similar but distinct comments while at the same time appearing like it was his first reaction.

Just google the quote.

SHow me a video of him saying that and not someones interpretation of what he said..
When I can see a video of him saying Mars then ill gladly admit Im wrong..

Every video I have seen of the brother so far says an asteroid..

If you want proof that the news might make a mistake your initial link you gave incorrectly states Mars even though he only says asteroid in the video.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

AL.com

Just google the quote.

SHow me a video of him saying that and not someones interpretation of what he said..

If you want proof that the news might make a mistake your initial link you gave incorrectly states Mars even though he only says asteroid in the video.

There were two interviews. The news services obviously decided to replace the Mars one with the asteroid one, maybe it made for better tv.

But he said it, it has been quoted and reported on, and that is all OP claimed.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

AL.com

Just google the quote.

There were two interviews. The news services obviously decided to replace the Mars one with the asteroid one, maybe it made for better tv.

But he said it, it has been quoted and reported on, and that is all OP claimed.

Im most interested in being accurate since i feel that keeps conversation in threads most productive.
Where is a video clip of him saying Mars vs the video clips of him saying asteroid since that changes the accuracy.
If you just think of it logically it makes sense for him to say an asteroid.
It makes no sense for him to say Mars.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Look, I agree that in that video he doesn't say Mars. Yet he is quoted in multiple articles as doing so. How weird is that!? Unless of course there is a different interview as mentioned where he does say Mars. But so far I haven't been able to find it.

So what made the news outlets use the Mars quote? Feedback from collective subconscious? Overspill from parallel universe? See? Under my admittedly skunk workish reality questioning premise this does not disprove my point!

Yeah it could all be just coincidental, which is quite possible, probable even but that is beside the point really. I want to explore the possibility of high strangeness going on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join