It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost haunting school in Cork Ireland?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This just popped up on my local facebook feed here .

I have no idea what is going on in this video and was hoping others can better explain what is going on in this video, not inept at video analysis.
The video starts with a door being opened and slammed, a few seconds later a locker is rocked heavily back and forth, another pause then a locker bursts open, and the belongings inside scattered, before the wet floor sign collapses.

It kind of looks setup to me, was hoping others could look at it and give opinions.
edit on 5/10/17 by Aziel because: Edited to Cork Ireland, rather thank Cork island.

edit on 5/10/17 by Aziel because: Spelling.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
impossible to say if it´s fake or a real "poltergeist event". but it looks cool.
it´s an old boys- school and there have been other poltergeist reports in Cork, Ireland.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aziel

Embedding, hope you don't mind...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Problem I have with that kind of footage is all the events, except the 'wet floor' marker, could have been perped from behind that wall in another room. The door down the hall opens and slams, the locker bank rocks (as if being pushed from behind), the other locker bursts open and contents spill out. All of these 'phenom' could have been produced by someone from behind the wall. The 'wet floor' marker could not, but it gets pulled towards the camera, could have been by a string from someone just behind camera view.

All the events occur on screen in view, in progression, towards the camera.

Not saying this is proof debunk, we do have to rule out other possibilities, first.

The nagging impression remans that some bored security guards with all night on their hands are having a little fun at our paranormal expense.

Ever see this one?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Even the wet floor marker could have easily been faked using mono fishing line.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Ever see this one?

The end result looks like my kitchen just now. I wish i had a poltergeist that would put things back in place in the middle of the night. Like a wife or a mother.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Well.... It appears "staged"...filmed in semi darkness. And with clear fishing line... Almost anything can appear to move, fall, shake, rattle... especially in semi darkness by someone off to the side.

And I wonder why the camera was there to begin with to catch it?

Best, Mysetrioustranger

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The floor sign looks like it does a flip and spin backwards in the air before hitting the floor. That would be impossible to do with fishing line and yanking on it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yeah, I've seen that clip before and was thinking it could be staged in a similar fashion, maybe a small detonated charge on the floor sign?
Or maybe two peices of wire suddenly yanking it.

It's supposed to be a school security cam, but generally security cams arn't high def due to how much storage they take up, also notice how the sign is just off centre, like it's all staged with in the frame.

edit on 5/10/17 by Aziel because: Spelling

edit on 5/10/17 by Aziel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Security cam on the wall.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Whole thing just looks fishy, I noticed theirs a window above the rocking locker, and the locker that opens theirs windows or at-least glass? above it maybe fake walls?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The floor sign looks like it does a flip and spin backwards in the air before hitting the floor. That would be impossible to do with fishing line and yanking on it.

Impossible not. One could wrap the filament under and around the sign, a hard pull would spin and flip it. The important thing to remember is it 'spin-flips' toward the camera.

Ruling out someone in the hallway just off camera yanking a string is whats "impossible".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Ever see this one?

The end result looks like my kitchen just now. I wish i had a poltergeist that would put things back in place in the middle of the night. Like a wife or a mother.

That guy has like umpteen videos of this activity in his house.

links to debunks of Mellowbirds videos

edit on 5-10-2017 by intrptr because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

also notice how the sign is just off centre, like it's all staged with in the frame.

Like the ghost is 'performing' for a camera.

Agreed...

edit on 5-10-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes, I understand the security cam. Everything in that time frame with said-surveillance? It's just too convenient for hoaxing. At least, in this one case.

Hoaxing can be ingenious or just simplistic when recorded or filmed "conveniently" by surveillance devices.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
es la fakamundo...en espanol...no se habla english este dias...lo siento

con la fishing line mui pronto
edit on 5-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I think the answer is in the last 5 seconds of the video - We Pay Cash For Videos.
People can be pretty creative when there's money to make.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aziel

It's supposed to be a school security cam, but generally security cams arn't high def due to how much storage they take up...

Also - and for me this is a very big warning sign - security cameras generally do NOT capture audio, mostly for legal reasons. In fact the Irish DPC has specifically addressed the need for exceptional circumstances before CCTV systems can include audio recording. It's possible, but I would say that it's very, very unlikely.

So, I feel very happy to say that the video is not from an official CCTV system, unless the school themselves confirm it.

If it's not from CCTV (which is almost certain) then someone set up a unofficial video camera of some kind specifically covering that area. Now, why would they do that? Answers on a postcard...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Impossible not. One could wrap the filament under and around the sign, a hard pull would spin and flip it. The important thing to remember is it 'spin-flips' toward the camera.

Ruling out someone in the hallway just off camera yanking a string is whats "impossible".

You would see the string if was all wound up to spin, and it wouldn't spin backwards.
Good luck trying to recreate that using anything at your disposal. Watching that particular event and how the objects move can't be done with simple string or fishing line. There would have to be CGI and other effects to make these objects move in all those complex and compound ways and directions. Using fishing line? Give me a break.

By the way, do you believe in ghosts and hauntings? My impression is that you do not.

And ruling out someone yanking a string there is possible, you just need to go there and find out.

edit on 5-10-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Well.... It appears "staged"...filmed in semi darkness. And with clear fishing line... Almost anything can appear to move, fall, shake, rattle... especially in semi darkness by someone off to the side.

Best, Mysetrioustranger

There are a few ways to go with these things. They are faked. They are real and the video is documenting a real thing. But it depends on the credibility of the person filming and reporting. The other thing is that some people refuse to believe ghosts exist, so every report and video is faked to them.

And the answer to why the camera was there to begin with is an easy one. The person is experiencing paranormal events and decided to film it and document it. Or the camera was there to catch the person's skill at faking a haunting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join