It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Politics icon/The ATS icons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This will be quite a short post.

First let me say I absolutely love the icons for our forums. It isn't just the people who are often more informed and of a higher caliber of intellect that can be found participating here alongside people of all ages the world over and professionals in all fields who can chime in with reliable, factual discourse. Details as small as the neat icons we have make up the many elements which have always made ATS a step to a leap above other sites dealing with topics most deem nutty, unpatriotic, fatalist, cynical, shat-bit-crazy and so I appreciate whoever provided them; however, I just wondered if anyone else wondered when (and IF) ATS is going to be updating the/some of the icons?

Sure it ain't necessary and off the top of my head only one is truly "outdated" but maybe someone wants to remake all of em or submit ideas for new ones. And that's it. Yup. Short like I said it'd be.

____(I JUST RAMBLE FROM HERE)____

Some unimportant thoughts optional to read:

-Is the person who designed these including the outdated Obama icon for politics still around and can he or she make one of Trump?

- Were the icons found somewhere else or indeed designed exclusively for us, like I suspected?

-Only reason I can think of for keeping it years into this new administration is if it were created by one of the many beloved members lost in the past years in which case its better to keep as a remembrance...I guess the odds of that being the situation is slim. BEYOND slim. Slim to none...like a toothpick slim (hmmm I gotta be able to come up with a more creative metaphor...or at least a more conspiracy-theorist-friendly metaphor...well, simile...How about, "...the situation is slim. BEYOND slim. Slim to none...like *the spaces between the megalithic stones used in supposed Incan architecture which many scholars have argued date instead to a still-unidentified pre-Incan civilization with advanced "power-tools" which used sonic or thermal energies making for perfectly fitting building blocks* slim. (Nope, lets stick to toothpick...the latter borders on long-winded)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
I wondered the same, but not Trump. Its the Politics forum right?? Maybe somebody just as independent and often overlooked?? One of the R. Pauls perhaps??? Or a Sec. of State? Tillerson is juggling a political nation building oil scheme in Kurdistine, which is where his position was a year or so ahead of the appointment.

That sounds politically charged if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Or Thatcher, Mandela, Felipe......

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
When it comes to the birds & bees the heart loves who the heart loves.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
This will be quite a short post.

First let me say I absolutely love the icons for our forums. It isn't just the people who are often more informed and of a higher caliber of intellect that can be found participating here alongside people of all ages the world over and professionals in all fields who can chime in with reliable, factual discourse. Details as small as the neat icons we have make up the many elements which have always made ATS a step to a leap above other sites dealing with topics most deem nutty, unpatriotic, fatalist, cynical, shat-bit-crazy and so I appreciate whoever provided them; however, I just wondered if anyone else wondered when (and IF) ATS is going to be updating the/some of the icons?

Sure it ain't necessary and off the top of my head only one is truly "outdated" but maybe someone wants to remake all of em or submit ideas for new ones. And that's it. Yup. Short like I said it'd be.

____(I JUST RAMBLE FROM HERE)____

Some unimportant thoughts optional to read:

-Is the person who designed these including the outdated Obama icon for politics still around and can he or she make one of Trump?

- Were the icons found somewhere else or indeed designed exclusively for us, like I suspected?

-Only reason I can think of for keeping it years into this new administration is if it were created by one of the many beloved members lost in the past years in which case its better to keep as a remembrance...I guess the odds of that being the situation is slim. BEYOND slim. Slim to none...like a toothpick slim (hmmm I gotta be able to come up with a more creative metaphor...or at least a more conspiracy-theorist-friendly metaphor...well, simile...How about, "...the situation is slim. BEYOND slim. Slim to none...like *the spaces between the megalithic stones used in supposed Incan architecture which many scholars have argued date instead to a still-unidentified pre-Incan civilization with advanced "power-tools" which used sonic or thermal energies making for perfectly fitting building blocks* slim. (Nope, lets stick to toothpick...the latter borders on long-winded)

Ummm...To be quite honest...I don't really give a rats ass if they change it from Obama to Trump or not...(the icon)

However...I just want to say that your OP was freaking brilliant...a ray of sunshine...a breath of fresh air...a study in convolution that followed the Gordian knot to it's very moment of inception...nay...to the moment before it's moment of inception...that quiet chaos moment when chemicals and electricity combine and swirl together like first contact virgins who's co-mingling births a light bulb moment wrapped like strips of succulent bacon around tender cubes of marinated ham...that precedent cries voila...whose echoes reverberate tympanic-like and coalesce into perhaps the most banal of thoughts...

Or not...

To be quite honest...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...To be quite honest...I don't really give a rats ass if they change it from Obama to Trump or not...(the icon)

I agree, the icon should be a rat's hind area that way it will be representative of our politicians.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think the icon for the politicians and people forum should be changed. It depicted the most controversial and talked about figure of it's time when it was created... so obviously you know who would be a better fit nowadays.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Kudos to you for bringing it up without coming off as offended - and I agree, it would be fitting to update the Icon.

I we should continue to go with the portrait scheme, I would suggest a non-current politician so it would not need to be updated again.

My suggestion:

John F. Kennedy.

Non-current - check!
Fairly non-divisive - check!
Conspiracy-related - a big fat check!

Either that or go way back to the Founding Fathers (but I do prefer Kennedy, because, come on, his portrait is just so appropriate for this forum!)

top topics

join