It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Vegas Killer... newest info

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

does that mean that hundreds of LV police would have to know about it?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is the transcript of the "60 Minutes" interview with the first officers in the hotel room:

Las Vegas officers describe storming shooter Stephen Paddock's hotel room

And some new info from the interview:

...a security guard who arrived on the floor within 12 minutes of the onset of the attack. Soon, a small group of Las Vegas police arrived. They organized themselves into an ad-hoc SWAT team and began storming room 135.

That's not how it played out on the police audio... There were five officers in the stairwell who wanted to storm the room, but they were told to wait for SWAT (another 5), and then four more officers arrived (maybe the K9 officers?). SWAT and the rest blasted and stormed the room about an hour after the gunfire stopped.

Casey Clarkson: The fire just starts hitting us. And you just hear--

[Body cam: They are shooting right at us, guys, everyone stay down, stay down.]

Casey Clarkson: I just remember, like, it was, like-- like, white spark, like, powder almost, like, hitting the concrete, hittin' the van. I mean, I'm just watching these rounds hit all, like, right next to us. And I'm like, "How is he so accurate?"

Bill Whitaker: How did you end up being first responders? Are you assigned to be first responders? Or you just got up and ran in-- into the danger zone and got there first?

Dave Newton: Correct. We heard it over the radio. We heard, you know, active shooter. Multiple victims.

Joshua Bitsko: We're told that security is taking fire from a suspect on the 29th floor. And that we had other officers that were identifying the suspect was in a room on the 32nd floor. So we're thinking multiple shooters at this point.

Officers Bitsko and Newton ran to the stairs. Detective Donaldson and a SWAT officer, Levi Hancock, did too. This ad-hoc group of officers didn't know what they would face, but they soon discovered Paddock had barricaded the stairwell door.

Joshua Bitsko: He had screwed shut the door-- with a piece of metal and some screws.... But thankfully Levi had-- a pry bar and was able to easily pop that door.

The K9 cops, the detective, and the SWAT officer were now a team.

Dave Newton: There's a room service cart with wires going on it underneath the-- door. There was something black on top of the cart. So initially I'm, you know, I'm thinking, "This is a booby-trap. It's-- it's gonna explode."

Dave Newton: I could see the suspect's door was just riddled with bullet holes coming out. it looked like Swiss cheese.

Dave Newton: I didn't see any apparent wounds to his head. But I did see a lotta blood that had come outta his mouth.

Dave Newton: I saw a few phones-- laptops, a couple laptops he had in there. A lot of drills-- drill bits, all kinds of tools

Dave Newton: Yeah, he had written we must have done the calculations online or something to figure out what his altitude was going to be and how high up he was-- how far out the crowd was going to be and what at that distance and what the drop of his bullet was going to be. He hadn't written out the calculations all he had was written out he final numbers that were on the sheet.

Joshua Bitsko: Days of planning. Days of planning. He had tool boxes in power tools to run wires for his-- surveillance systems. For everything that he had, it took him days to finish.

Bill Whitaker: The sheriff was saying the other day that it-- it almost appeared as though he thought he would be able to get out of this, that he had an escape plan. Did you see any evidence of that?

Dave Newton: From what I saw, it-- I thought he was gonna-- he-- his plan might have been to shoot it out with us. Because there was a rifle on a bipod near the door and just the amount of ammunition and weapons he had. He could of held us off for hours.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

As I am reading about the floors, I see the Mandalay Bay skips floor numbers for *superstitious reasons*.

There is something very odd about the floor numbers with regard to this shooting.

edit on 10/9/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

There are many many many buildings that skip floor number 13

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The setup of the room makes less sense than anything.
Why would he kill himself if he had a gun ready to shoot at people trying to storm the room?
Why bring tons of ammo and loaded mags and everything and then just stop shooting for some Unknown reason

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

He screwed the stairway doors shut, but the elevator remained accessible. Then he rigs a food cart with a camera...even though he has no idea when room service might come up to retrieve the cart.

They report tool boxes, drill bits, and power tools everywhere, and there are none of those things visible in the photos that were *leaked*.

I think something fell apart in the story.

The floor wasn't supposed to be accessible, but then Campos got hit with a bullet and was seen on the floor...so he had to have gotten up there somehow.

It's almost like that 'open door alarm' was supposed to be about the elevator door being open disabling the elevator...so he had to use the stairs...and the stair doors were screwed shut. So the elevator door being forced to remain open story fell apart and now the whole 'open door alarm' thing doesn't make sense.

The stairway doors were screwed shut...so those weren't the open doors. And it certainly wasn't the room door having an alarm either...plus, it was closed when Campos allegedly went up to try to get in.

edit on 10/9/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

does that mean that hundreds of LV police would have to know about it?

No.

Only a select few know all the facts.

The rest are assuming the official reports are true.

The whole situation is controlled.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

There are many many many buildings that skip floor number 13

The Mandalay Bay skips more than number 13 if it only has 39 floors and lists floor numbers up to 43.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They mention the 200 shots through the door and said it looked like swiss cheese. I am still skeptical of how 190 bullet holes are on the portions of the door that are not visible. I would think the majority would be in the portion of the door (about half the door) that is visible...the middle section.

Where the bullet holes would end up varies greatly with where and how the shooter was positioned inside -- IF there was any shooter at all. But I'm going with there was one shooting into the corridor from the room. It makes sense to me that the guy shooting inside would be down low in order to minimize his exposure to fire from the other side of the door -- which will probably be coming from a standing position and not aimed downward. So the floor would be his safest position.

As far as the door, we really can't see enough of it to know anything... it's possible there's a huge hole in the door that we cannot see because it's behind the other door. But maybe we should go by the numbers. The doorknob on my front door is about 36 inches from the ground... and it's 36 inches wide. That gives 1296 square inches. Picturing the lower half of the door as a grid of 1" squares, and assuming a diameter of 1" for the bullet holes, that would leave almost 1100 square inches untouched.

Or am I mis-thinking this?

And, the part where they talk about the explosives used to open the door...again, there is no sign of explosives having been used.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure something out for that. My only possible thought is that the placed the explosives mid-way up the door by the hinges, and have removed all the drywall that would have showed signs of explosives. But that's the best I can do.

PLUS, they had the key card that Campos reportedly gave them. They spent time rigging the door with explosives when they could have just used the key card...that doesn't sound logical.

That only sounds logical if they knew the door was barricaded from the inside. But it's not logical for them to know that if the security guard didn't know that and therefore couldn't tell them that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I don't assume any of the official info is true, if it makes you feel any better.

I am just trying to spot the weakest parts of the official story and trying to figure out why *they* had to resort to such weak/illogical/implausible facts to explain what happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And maybe somebody should consider another possibility about Paddock and Danley.

Like who they really are.

Go at something that hasn't been considered yet.

I'm already re-thinking Danley... but more on my musings after I finish tending my thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Even if he was on the floor with a weapon on a bipod, I would think he would still aim as high on the door as he could. And consider the size of the room, I would think most of the bullets would go through the middle to top of the door.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Here's a thought: If ISIS killed Paddock before the massacre started, is it possible that this explains the broken windows? Some kind of limited exchange inside Paddock's room could easily have broken a couple of windows. The picture of the hammer didn't surface until at least a day or two later. Plenty of time for some FBI agent to go buy one at the local Home Depot and toss it on the floor of Paddock's room.

I think that's very possible. But I also think that the killers knew exactly what they were going to do ahead of time, and the windows would have broken out regardless. It might be interesting to know if any bullet holes were found in other windows though. That might give us a better idea of how the presumed ambush took place.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The building the shooter was in is the 39 story original Mandalay Bay? The Four Seasons has the upper five floors (35-39) of that building?

Is that how you are understanding this?

Yes to all of the above. Here is how I think the floor numbers go.

I imagine (don't know for sure, but this makes sense to me) that floors 38 and 39 are penthouse suites and as a result would be much larger and grander than the floors below them.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The property he "owns" in Nevada are real, but not for purposes most people will think of right away.

Safe houses for trial witnesses? Informants? Rendezvous?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I don't assume any of the official info is true, if it makes you feel any better.

I am just trying to spot the weakest parts of the official story and trying to figure out why *they* had to resort to such weak/illogical/implausible facts to explain what happened.

I'm not criticizing any of your ideas at all.

I'm just putting more ideas forward.

Like maybe here's a new twist .....

Keep in mind the NFL is getting a team in Las Vegas in a couple of years.

And they are building a new stadium for "The Raiders" team.

Guess which hotel is closest to the new stadium.

Las Vegas Stadium

There's been gigantic controversies in Las Vegas over this and MGM has been involved.

Big security concerns as well (hint).

Lots of research necessary to get the whole picture.

The new stadium is only a few blocks from Mandalay Bay.

edit on Oct-09-2017 by xuenchen because: detectthemetal

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The property he "owns" in Nevada are real, but not for purposes most people will think of right away.

Safe houses for trial witnesses? Informants? Rendezvous?

Possibly.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ok, that would explain it.

I'll see if I can find info about those penthouse suites.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I know you aren't criticizing...but I also know that you (like me) wouldn't want people going around and just 'trusting' the official info.

I would never do that! Just thought it you might need to hear that!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

But on the Strip isn't everything a few blocks away?

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join