It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Vegas shooting the first part of a larger plan that failed? Shooter targeted fuel tanks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: RainyState

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: RainyState

I was thinking about the same thing. This thread is almost reading like a planning session for an even bigger massacre.

I'd like to think of it as a planning session to PREVENT a bigger massacre by discussing possible scenarios and motives that could have happened in Vegas. Maybe a few of our fellow members either know of, or are someone in a position where they can help save lives based on what they have read here. Realistically though, if we are can come up with some of this stuff, chances are someone already has

Right. Actually, reading through the thread, it seemed to me that this was one of the best ''brainstorming'' sessions I have read on ats in quite a while. But as your disclaimer mentioned, who knows who is listening in on these conversations and it would not be surprising with the recent terror that they would be on high alert.

I'm usually a skeptic about conspiracy theory stuff, but also try to keep an open mind about things discussed on ATS. I can honestly say that I was nervous about posting my "theory", and for the first since joining ATS, I truly felt that I could end up on some list, or have my internet activity monitored.

EDIT

To top it all off around 1 am last night, there was two gun shots fairly close to my house. Imagine the first thing that went through my mind....
edit on 5-10-2017 by RainyState because: .

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

apparently he scoped out the Boston baseball stadium...but no rooms that overlook the fields like at some ball parks....shudder to think what could have happened

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So since this is still topical:
Las Vegas review Journal

One round penetrated Tank 202. which was partially filled with jet fuel.

A second round was found lodged within the same tank's outer steel shell, and did not penetrate.

So hum? what was the target here, and even more so now that we know that the notebook had shooting data written on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Everyone wants to get inside the mind of the Vegas killer to keep it simple and to keep it straight the bottom line is the guy was a psychopath that's it bottom line he felt in his head he had to do this and meantime you're spending your whole life trying to figure out what the hell he was thinking it's over it's done he did it he's dead. this is to take your mind off other things think about what I just said. take your mind off everything else

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bobw927

Take a deep breath. This guys motives are still unknown, and until the truth comes out it's important to piece the puzzle ourselves. You can believe that this guy was a psychopath, but that still doesn't explain the reasoning behind his actions, the strangeness behind the investigations, or the odd facts behind what's going on there.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
to puncture the fuel tanks would have taken at least a .50 bmg with API ammo.
since the tanks were double wall tanks the leak would have been contained.

The risk of fire in any tank takes both O2 + fuel.
Due to EPA clean air rules these tanks are not vented to the outside air in a way you have a lot of O2 in the tank.
the tanks are like car fuel tanks and have very little O2 and a lot of fuel vapor in them to the point that they are not a explosive risk.

As for the anmonium nitrate i believe it is a low risk problem if not mixed with a fuel like diesel ECT.
the 50 lbs of Tannerite was a bigger danger BUT he had no detonators like blasting caps that leaves shooting it.

I believe this was a suicide way out if he escaped the motel and got to his car and started a police chase.
He had 50 pounds of Tannerite so that if he could draw in a number of cops he could take them out as he committed suicide.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
to puncture the fuel tanks would have taken at least a .50 bmg with API ammo.
since the tanks were double wall tanks the leak would have been contained.

Everyone keeps saying this, but it's not true no matter how many times it's passed around. I used to shoot .50cals in the service, so I know what they can do. I also know what a lot of other rounds can do, so to say that only a .50cal could do that type of penetration is a bit of a misnomer since there are a number of other smaller caliber rounds that can also puncture a commercial fuel holding tank.

The risk of fire in any tank takes both O2 + fuel.
Due to EPA clean air rules these tanks are not vented to the outside air in a way you have a lot of O2 in the tank.
the tanks are like car fuel tanks and have very little O2 and a lot of fuel vapor in them to the point that they are not a explosive risk.

Which is weird since he was a pilot and would know this tidbit of information. This leads me to think that the purpose of shooting the tanks was both deliberate and the primary goal here. Which would mean that the people shot and the rolling bomb of a car he set up was nothing more than a distraction.

We know that one car was set up with tannerite, but was that really his get away car, or was the one not filled with tannerite the get a way car? Still too many missing pieces to what he puzzle is?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I will compliment you for your ability to think outside of the box, but.

Logically thinking, if the bullet holes in the tanks were intentional, there would be quite a few shots taken at the tanks. If your intention was to ignite the tanks, you would fire more than twice. And from what I understand, there were only two bullet strikes on the tanks. Which by the way, and from what I understand, the FBI has not released their report on those bullet strikes. And probably for good reason, or not.

I suspect those bullet strikes were not intentional, but rather simply "Strays". And, would reveal the true location of at least one of the shooters, which I suspect was positioned on the roof of "Mandalay Place", parallel to the stage.

The implications are sickening and disgusting.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

I doubt the stray bullet account, since the second windows that were broken out had a direct view to the fuel tanks, but a horrid view of the stage.

As a side note does anyone know which window was broken out first?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I doubt the stray bullet account, since the second windows that were broken out had a direct view to the fuel tanks, but a horrid view of the stage.

As a side note does anyone know which window was broken out first?
Im not saying those tank hits came from the windows.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Currently evidence indicates that all shots came from the room/s. Unless new evidence is shown I can only assume that all shots came from the room/s.

If new evidence shows up that provides enough doubt about the single shooter theory, then I will include multiple shooting points. For right now though, I have to assume one shooter.

You might be right, but as stated, with out evidence to support multiple shooters I'm going to pass on that at this moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join