It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee man arrested after loaded pistols, two machine guns, 900 rounds found during traffic stop

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: infolurker

Since the lowers have no serial number, it most probably means he bought legal 80% lowers that he would have to mill and drill out himself or in a machine shop.

Now once he assembled the milled and drilled lowers with the other components, would this DIY AR require a serial number to be legal. In other words, if that is the way this guy built his firearms, are they illegal because they have no S/N?

Also, what is your theory on how he modified these weapons to be full auto?

Thanks!

-dex

The homemade weapons are legal in semi auto, with out a serial number, but they can not be transported across state lines. He screw up when he drilled the 4th hole for the auto sear. That's a violation of the NFA.

They look like very cheap builds, the black one has no sights. AR's have tight tolerance's these basement build weapons may not even function properly. The mismatched, pencil barrels would overheat quickly in full auto use.

Some of the rifles used in Vegas on the other hand were built by Daniels Defense, are very high end. The typical AR is not designed for sustained full auto use because of overheating. I suspect the shooter knew that, and plans for it. That's why he had back up weapons on hand.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well, according to this wonderfully bitter, man-hating lass that appears to be going through a bad divorce, the solution is to ban guns, but only from men because they are the cause of everything that is wrong in the world.

www.news.com.au/world/north-america/losers-loners-and-lunatics-guns-dont-kill-people-american-men-kill-people/news-story/13105dd98bb90 f92e4b9a3820c59ffd6
edit on 5-10-2017 by LordGoofus because: fixing broken link

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

South Park Season 7, Episode 4: "I'm a Little Bit Country"

I found a Wikipedia entry. The write-up sounds interesting and "very, very relevant."

It is the 100th episode special.

It looks like it's available through hulu.

Thanks for the recommendation!

-dex

edit on 10/5/2017 by DexterRiley because: add title

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Those are some pretty rifles.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Maybe going duck hunting?? He could have waited until the GOP Congress ,passes the gun silencer bill...sheeeh be vevy vevy quiet.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Memphis is on the other end of the state from Washington County, over 400 miles away.

I wasn't suggesting they lived together! I mean, Manila is 11,000km from Las Vegas, but Marilou Danley is still a person of interest in the Paddock case.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Scott Edmisten, sounds like a Muslim, Hang the Bastard.

EDIT: just getting in before the 'religion of peace' brigade.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
funny thing is all was he arrested for was speeding. being armed to the teeth is perfectly legal in Tennessee..

'Muricuh

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

The homemade weapons are legal in semi auto, with out a serial number, but they can not be transported across state lines. He screw up when he drilled the 4th hole for the auto sear. That's a violation of the NFA.

So, if he hadn't drilled the 4th hole and constructed just a semi-automatic, it would have been legal. Apparently he wasn't travelling across state lines because he lived in the area. Now, if he went full hillbilly and added a bump stock to that build, he would have a fully legal quasi-fully automatic assault rifle without a serial number. That's not exactly an M16, but it does represent a fairly powerful and untraceable military class firearm.

They look like very cheap builds, the black one has no sights. AR's have tight tolerance's these basement build weapons may not even function properly. The mismatched, pencil barrels would overheat quickly in full auto use.

So, if I understand you correctly, they look really deadly to the untrained eye; but there is a high probability they might malfunction before they even get through one magazine.

Some of the rifles used in Vegas on the other hand were built by Daniels Defense, are very high end.

I think that is a very salient point. All things being equal, the Vegas shooter could probably have held his own against a squad of Taliban fighters. And the Tennessee speeder could probably hold his own against a paper target tacked to the fence post next to the barn.

Now I don't want to make light of how lethal these weapons are. These assault rifles are deadly instruments. Clearly when they are in the wrong hands, they all can be used to inflict unparalleled mass carnage. And even one death or serious injury is cause for concern.

However, we should be aware that the fear factor induced by this cache of hillbilly machine guns is slightly overblown. Especially in comparison to the weapons used in Las Vegas. But then again, if I were hit with a hand-grenade or a nuclear weapon, dead is dead.

Thanks for the clarifications!

-dex

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I agree. They look very sleek and high-tech. But according to the experts in this forum, they are actually "sheep in wolf's clothing." Basically a lot of flash, and probably not as much bang as you might expect.

-dex

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

He really could have been going duck hunting. Of course he could take out an entire flock of ducks flying at 1000 feet, and I don't know that there would be much meat left once they hit the ground. In fact, I think that's what they call "sport hunting" in Upper East Tennessee. The ritual starts with the hunter saying " Hold my beer and watch this!"

-dex

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: RomeByFire
Its a beautiful display of government imposed propaganda designed to cover whats left of the legal gun market loopholes. I see they threw in the 80% lower to tug at them hearts about "no background check needed oh noes!!!"
you do see whats going on right?? They are building a character stereotype to attack in the media as a target to direct the audiences anger. You see that right?? Its like they are cherry picking the perfect variables to make these random sudden and spontaneous TV dramas as a rallying cry for us to demand we sign away our own rights. It will have no effect though, we are good on this fight for some time, so I not too worried about the effectiveness of this obvious government sanctioned and legal propaganda.

There should be about two or three more of these little spontaneous stops that are suddenly worth then entire nations attention, maybe one more shooting that will be miraculously or heroicly ended prematurely in good fortune and then that's a rap for the rest of the year.

Funny though, I did not hear about this years disease of the year (i.e. ebola, zika, H1N1, pig/avian flus mad cow etc.. etc..)

Sometimes I think they do it just to keep the market in a routine.

Lol, right. Because local law enforcement doing their job giving people who speed tickets - who also happened to be on a suspended license (therefore can search the vehicle) is "government sanctioned propaganda."

Well, it is if it isn't real.

Do you understand what the word propaganda means? It doesn't generally reside in the truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LordGoofus

It's a well written opinion piece. However she missed one major point concerning the propensity for men to be serial killers relative to women: The women are the ones responsible for driving the men to the point of insanity that makes them capable of mass murder!

-dex

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join