It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee man arrested after loaded pistols, two machine guns, 900 rounds found during traffic stop

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

• Deputies in Washington County, Tennessee, stopped 43-year-old Scott Edmisten for doing 55mph in a 30mph zone at 4am on Monday
  • A search of his vehicle uncovered .357-caliber Magnum; .45-caliber semi-automatic; two fully automatic AR rifles
  • Sheriff says Edmisten had modified the AR rifles to make them fully automatic and they had no serial numbers; all the weapons were loaded
  • He also had survival equipment that included knives, a hatchet and a fire starter
  • Edmisten is a father-of-two and has been railing on social media about Family Court and Child Protective Services

Daily Mail Link

Apparently a guy in Johnson City, Tennessee was rolling down the highway and caught in a speed trap. At first he tried to evade the Deputy, going up to 80 MPH. He finally pulls over and it turns out he's driving on a suspended license. The deputies search his car and find a couple of handguns and a couple of AR's modified to full auto with no serial numbers. Everything was loaded, including an assortment of magazines, one of which was a drum type mag.

The article indicates that he may have had some child support payment problems. I believe TN is one of those states that suspends your license when you get behind on child support. It's possible that's why his license was suspended. But that is conjecture on my part.

I think this is somewhat timely given the events that occurred in Las Vegas a few days ago. I'm a big supporter of Second Amendment rights in the US. People in the International community should understand that guns run in our blood. It is simply not possible to confiscate every gun in this country. That would almost certainly lead to significant civil unrest, possibly bordering on civil war.

Having said that, I'm at a loss for how to address the issue of keeping firearms out of the hands of those who should not have them. At least any way that is politically acceptable.

Here's another link from The Johnson City Press. It has considerably less information than the Daily Mail link. It's strange that I have to go to the UK to get the full story on this.

- dex

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Can't wait to see the conspiracies about this one.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Leaving Las Vegas?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Leaving Las Vegas?

Doubtful, look at that cheap crap.... $25 cheap reflex optic and cheap plastic pop up sights. (I know, I bought this crap on amazon for a .22 archangel)

The Vegas SOB had top of the line high end gear. Not piece part crap like this.
edit on 4-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Leaving Las Vegas?

No, on his way to prison. The law work if people let it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
Its a beautiful display of government imposed propaganda designed to cover whats left of the legal gun market loopholes. I see they threw in the 80% lower to tug at them hearts about "no background check needed oh noes!!!"
you do see whats going on right?? They are building a character stereotype to attack in the media as a target to direct the audiences anger. You see that right?? Its like they are cherry picking the perfect variables to make these random sudden and spontaneous TV dramas as a rallying cry for us to demand we sign away our own rights. It will have no effect though, we are good on this fight for some time, so I not too worried about the effectiveness of this obvious government sanctioned and legal propaganda.

There should be about two or three more of these little spontaneous stops that are suddenly worth then entire nations attention, maybe one more shooting that will be miraculously or heroicly ended prematurely in good fortune and then that's a rap for the rest of the year.

Funny though, I did not hear about this years disease of the year (i.e. ebola, zika, H1N1, pig/avian flus mad cow etc.. etc..)

Sometimes I think they do it just to keep the market in a routine.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Perfect timing as always.

Outlaw everything !!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Crap weapons or not.

Driving around with a suspended license with a trunk full of fully loaded and unregistered weapons does not offer a sense of '' responsible fire arm ownership. And then toss in evading for the hot pursuit.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Banning guns would have stopped this guy from having these illegal guns. How can anyone disagree with that? /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Perfect timing as always.

Outlaw everything !!

Right on cue.

Good to know local law enforcement is involved in this gun control nation-wide conspiracy.

Driving around with suspended license, speeding, and tries to outrun police.

Lol, like I said - can't wait for the conspiracies on this one.

link   
Nice new, unused $3 knives with the 5k in hardware there.

That's odd.

With Obama legalizing propaganda against us, I have to take anything reported with a grain of salt unfortunately.
From article:

The newest version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) includes an amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on the American public, reports Michael Hastings of BuzzFeed. The amendment — proposed by Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) and Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and passed in the House last Friday afternoon — would effectively nullify the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which explicitly forbids information and psychological operations aimed at influencing U.S. public opinion.

Story
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: added lijnk

link   

Leaving Las Vegas?

The official party line is this is not related to Vegas. So, I suppose this is considered to be its own standalone "terror incident."

-dex

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Its a beautiful display of government imposed propaganda designed to cover whats left of the legal gun market loopholes. I see they threw in the 80% lower to tug at them hearts about "no background check needed oh noes!!!"
you do see whats going on right?? They are building a character stereotype to attack in the media as a target to direct the audiences anger. You see that right?? Its like they are cherry picking the perfect variables to make these random sudden and spontaneous TV dramas as a rallying cry for us to demand we sign away our own rights. It will have no effect though, we are good on this fight for some time, so I not too worried about the effectiveness of this obvious government sanctioned and legal propaganda.

There should be about two or three more of these little spontaneous stops that are suddenly worth then entire nations attention, maybe one more shooting that will be miraculously or heroicly ended prematurely in good fortune and then that's a rap for the rest of the year.

Funny though, I did not hear about this years disease of the year (i.e. ebola, zika, H1N1, pig/avian flus mad cow etc.. etc..)

Lol, right. Because local law enforcement doing their job giving people who speed tickets - who also happened to be on a suspended license (therefore can search the vehicle) is "government sanctioned propaganda."

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Leaving Las Vegas?

Doubtful, look at that cheap crap.... $25 cheap reflex optic and cheap plastic pop up sights. (I know, I bought this crap on amazon for a .22 archangel)

The Vegas SOB had top of the line high end gear. Not piece part crap like this.

That's one of the reasons I love ATS. There aren't a lot of people who can recognize the equipment and their capabilities. Would these cheaper quality weapons be more likely to jam than better quality stuff?

-dex

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I am always in awe of people with illegal materials in their car while breaking speeding law and driving with broken lights, no registration visible, etc.

I would think being legit looking would be the first pre move check. Just me though...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I am always in awe of people with illegal materials in their car while breaking speeding law and driving with broken lights, no registration visible, etc.

I would think being legit looking would be the first pre move check. Just me though...

Haven't you heard?

It's government sanctioned propaganda.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Haven't you heard?

It's government sanctioned propaganda.

It's the SOP for checking people out. A bit of big brother but there are laws that society is meant to follow.

For all we now, someone's life was saved by this.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Most probably.

Since the lowers have no serial number, it most probably means he bought legal 80% lowers that he would have to mill and drill out himself or in a machine shop.

Definitely not mil spec. If he went cheap on those and the furniture... I assume he has some crap uppers to go with them.

I bet 10 to 1 he bought the ammo at Walmart. He even has a cheap ass plastic ammo can... LOL
edit on 4-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Lol, right. Because local law enforcement doing their job giving people who speed tickets - who also happened to be on a suspended license (therefore can search the vehicle) is "government sanctioned propaganda."

Here's a plausible theory:

He purposely sped.
He was a deep state/government plant, backstory and persona fabricated.
Suspended license to effect the search.
Conveniently among his cache 2 modified "ghost" machine guns......AR platforms to put the cherry on top.
The timing is freakishly priceless giving this story/scenario traction and "validity".

This is ATS by the way before anyone gets moody about this comment.

So relax.

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 04 Oct 2017 21:28:29 -050010pmWednesdayth09pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Here's a plausible theory:

He purposely sped.
He was a deep state/government plant, backstory and persona fabricated.
Suspended license to effect the search.
Conveniently among his cache 2 modified "ghost" machine guns......AR platforms to put the cherry on top.
The timing is freakishly priceless giving this story/scenario traction and "validity".

This is ATS by the way before anyone gets moody about this comment.

So relax.

Yeah.
That's definitely what happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join