It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Governor of Illinois SURRENDERS to Democrats - Makes Public-Funded Abortions LEGAL.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Best news I've heard in a long time.

ALL forms of birth control should be free.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: DJW001

No.What i would rather see happen,is for women who do not want children,to be on reliable birth control so the issue of abortion does not even come up in the first place.When i see all the different ways that American women spend their time and money,i have to wonder why some of that time and money cannot be spent on preventing an unwanted pregnancy through purchasing effective birth control.There is such a thing as personal responsibility.

I agree; that is why it is vital that Planned Parenthood get federal aid so that they can educate young women and men, and make birth control available to them

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Why?

(p.s. It isn't free.)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: DJW001

No.What i would rather see happen,is for women who do not want children,to be on reliable birth control so the issue of abortion does not even come up in the first place.When i see all the different ways that American women spend their time and money,i have to wonder why some of that time and money cannot be spent on preventing an unwanted pregnancy through purchasing effective birth control.There is such a thing as personal responsibility.

I agree; that is why it is vital that Planned Parenthood get federal aid so that they can educate young women and men, and make birth control available to them

Don't schools teach that to young men and women? Isn't personal responsibility preferable to handouts?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Not necessarily. A lot of conservatives have worked hard to either keep sex ed out of schools or have it taught extremely poorly. So... no. Only 24 states require sex ed to be taught at all, and even in those states conservatives have attempted to limits the teachings.

Many U.S. schools are failing sex ed
www.cbsnews.com...

State Policies on Sex Education in Schools
www.ncsl.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Not necessarily. A lot of conservatives have worked hard to either keep sex ed out of schools or have it taught extremely poorly. So... no. Only 24 states require sex ed to be taught at all, and even in those states conservatives have attempted to limits the teachings.

Many U.S. schools are failing sex ed
www.cbsnews.com...

State Policies on Sex Education in Schools
www.ncsl.org...

Looks like the opt-outs or opt-ins are only possible if the parents request them.

As for the failing, have you noticed that schools are failing the kids in most every subject? Sex Ed is not a special snowflake.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: carewemust

Follow the money. It is cheaper to scrape 'fetal tissue' than spending money on social programs for medical care for the expectant mother. Housing and food, education/day care...on and on.

The same applies to illegals in 'Safe Cities'. Deport the felon-who is likely married with children- and the state foots the bill. Letting him stay and work free monies from social programs that otherwise would have paid for the single mom and her children and is therefore less expensive turning the felons over to the Feds.

The rhetoric of these gov'ts is nothing but smoke. Follow the money.

But Democrats LOVE spending money, as long as its not their own. I don't know.. to me, Democrats should covet more voters coming of age, than killing them before they take their first breath outside the womb.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Our President might rain on your parade soon, if you count on "Free" birth control with your health insurance...

The Trump administration could issue a rule as early as Friday (10.6.2017) that would sharply limit the Affordable Care Act's contraception coverage mandate, a move that could mean hundreds of thousands of American women would no longer have access to birth control free of charge.
Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

One would think.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

One would think.

I'm going to start a thread on how illogical Democrats are when it comes to gun control and abortion. Just trying to think of the least inflammatory way to word it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

NO......

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Kali74

Gee, I am extremely opposed to our military fighting wars overseas - can I opt to not have my tax dollars go towards that?

All (semi) kidding aside, I hear what you're saying, but what are women under the poverty line supposed to do if they find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy and they simply don't have the funds to pay for an abortion? What about a government program that pays for one month of a woman's rent so she can take her own money that would have gone towards the rent and spend it on the abortion?

How about those women act like grown adults and not engage in an activity that could make them pregnant, if they are not ready to have a child? Abstinence is pretty damn cheap.

What if these women are married? Maybe they should all just join a convent? How about chastity belts?

Hey Teikiatsu, the Victorian age called - they want their puritanical attitudes back.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: kaylaluv

Unfortunately Congress has the authority to tax the people for the common defense but theres nothing in the Constitution about abortion.

I need some convincing that these wars overseas have anything actually to do with this country's common defense, but that is a subject for another thread.

It's vital that programs like Planned Parenthood are funded by taxes so that low income women can use donated funds for abortions if they can't afford one vs using donations for regular gynelogical care.

No argument from me on that.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Put simply, the government must either fully fund abortion clinics and stop permitting the pseudo religious convictions of the lowest common denominator to be placed ahead of the needs of the country, or fully fund contraceptive treatment and ensure its fitness for purpose (i.e. ensure that newer forms will not have the dreadful side effects and limitations that older medications do).

Why do I say this? Because you are either going to have abortions, contraceptives, or a crap load of orphaned or abandoned children, as a result of poor sexual education, often delivered far too late to be any actual use to the individual, and as a result of women being unable to afford either contraception OR abortion.

So I say to Americas bearers of false witness, their oxymorons (Christian Conservatives, which are two mutually exclusive terms), and their hand wringing, clueless, earth mother type hippy dippy types as well, to choose which they would prefer. Millions more babies left on church doorsteps, at MASSIVE cost to the taxpayer, or abortion/contraceptives, at a significantly smaller cost to the taxpayer. Those are the choices.

Controlling women into not being able to afford to have sex, because contraceptives, abortions and child rearing are all too damned expensive, is simply not on the table. The US government, and those who support it, do not have the right to dictate sexual morality, which is what this sort of nonsense is really about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join