It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audo Analysis of Taxi Driver Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTi

I think he was shot right through the door from inside the suite. Then he scrammed.

Personally I have come around to the view that the sound anomalies from the cabbie's recording might all be explained by Paddock's location when he shot and whether or not he was sticking the barrel of his weapon out the window or not when shooting.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

It might be possible even if he still was shooting from inside the suite. The sound is going to change dramatically when he faces the other direction. The rest of the sound will be mostly funneled out the broken windows which would be considerably less. No echos because of how high up the 32 floor is and how it was funneled out. Way less likely to bounce off surrounding buildings.

That could explain it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I agree. The very loud shots recorded by the cabbie were probably made with the gun sticking right out the window almost directly above her. After that he seems to have kept the gun inside the window, out of sight.

Another interesting thing about her audio is that it might be recording the very beginning of the shooting, starting with an echo of the first burst, which she did not record, but which caused her to switch her camera on just in time to catch its echo.

She also has a dash panel clock (seen later) that helps somewhat in establishing a time line.
edit on 4-10-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

That would explain the lack of echos on picture 3. I slowed the audio way down and tried to hear them but just couldn't.

Probably had a different weapon too just for when the police arrived that way he wouldn't get caught reloading. Hard to say what caliber but if he was smart he would have used 7.62 or .308 for the SWAT. He did have a camera set up though so he could probably tell what armor the cop was using and decided from there.
edit on 4-10-2017 by AnonymousTi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yup. (I've got to go now, but it's been nice talking with you.)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So there you guys go. The taxi driver video mystery solved. Most likely still one shooter but..... I just came across more information. Next post
edit on 4-10-2017 by AnonymousTi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

www.youtube.com...

In this article it says paddock "shot as many as 200 rounds through the door, injuring the guard."

Now this is a bit strange.

"Swat teams did not penetrate the hotel suite Paddock was using for another hour, but Lombardo stressed that there were no unintended delays. “It was purposeful,” he said, explaining that police decided to take their time to clear surrounding rooms of guests after when they realized Paddock had stopped firing.

Upon entering the room, they discovered Paddock had killed himself."

So 200 rounds through the door must have been directed at the officer. That means there isn't much change in "volume" whether he is aiming out the window or aiming into the hallway. If this audio examined isn't some of the 200 rounds through the door then what are those 20 shots in question? There is still plenty of shots going off after all the way to the 5:30 mark on the video and they are all LOUD.

Why then are those 20 shots in question so quiet compared to all the rest? Best answer I can come up with is:
1: The officer(s) firing back.
2: Paddock left his suite to fire those 20 shots in the hallway then came back inside the suite firing through the door.
3: Different much quieter weapon.
4: Someone far away unrelated.

Who knows... until there is more information we may never know exactly.
edit on 5-10-2017 by AnonymousTi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousTi

Actually on second thought I think you could be right. I'm just having a bit of trouble wrapping my mind around how quiet the shots were. So different weapon, shooting the other direction possibly from inside the hallway. That would make sense.

Do you know if the officer was shot from the hallway or the doorway?

I thought I heard through the door

top topics

<< 1   >>

join