It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there humans devoid of souls walking this planet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Wayfarer

I also think that there are bad people in the world. How could they do the things they do if they have a soul?

Dark low frequency vibrating souls?

I'm no "soul" expert.

I don't even know if they exist.

But for this thread, I did postulate an "anti-soul".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
First, I think its important to note that "spirit" and "soul" are quite different things to some people.

In this distinction, the soul would be the composite that we usually refer to as our mind. A collection of thoughts, senses, emotion, etc. that arguably, everyone with a brain functioning at a certain level would indeed have. Perhaps those in certain types of comas could be said to be lacking this. "Psuche" is an older word referring to the soul, which may bring to light its connections to modern frameworks (psyche).

The other is "spirit," which would refer to a part of our being that is vague in definition, usually defined by the individual according to their belief system. In many cases though, it is seen as timeless and connected to "spiritual" realms.

Through this distinction, I think we can kind of build some interesting nuances and questions, like, even if the spirit (pneuma) is timeless, does the soul persist beyond death? Or, is there some type of practice or process that enables the soul to live on with the spirit?

In this context, everyone with a functioning brain would have a soul, but I'm not sure the same assumption could be made about a spirit. I feel its easy to waffle between thinking that everyone has a spirit, "much fewer" than everyone has a spirit, and that everything has a spirit but not so much in the commonly perceived format (varying levels, in a sense).

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Can we prove if anyone has a soul? What is a soul?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes, but most people just call them "Gingers".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The ones whos entire thought process equals: "Am I for or against this, somone with authority, please tell me". They have no souls.

They have to wait and see what other people find attractive, before they know their own preferences. They are leeches. They are copy cats, they are sheep, they are the majority.

They listen to crappy music because authority proclaims its excellence. They believe the television, and spread its nonsense exactly aa the swirling spiral on the screen demands. They do not have a heart to navigate their minds.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Can we prove if anyone has a soul? What is a soul?

I think you can basically equate "soul" with self-awareness. For most people, that happens between the ages of three and five. You become aware of your own individual physicality and how your actions have repercussions that affect other people and the world around you. You also begin to become aware of your own mortality.

I would say that there are some people who never achieve this, and there are others who get themselves in situations where they lose touch with reality and forget their place in it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I hope that some day you will understand.

Right back at you.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hmmm, I think it more or less has to do with emotions an intutition, and how connected or distorting they can be to our psyche or conscious interface.

For all you know, psychopaths have plenty of emotions, they just keep it contained and buried, till something surges and gets triggered. They might as well be auto savants, and have zero lack of control what so ever, not to mention life experiences an trauma make it harder for them to think their picture perfect world.

I've never heard of a psychopath or one without a soul having intutition or gut feelings, or getting an audience with Satan, since Satan only wants souls.

I know what it like though, being apathetic and cold, I hardly ever have a gut feeling, and compared to my gf, I'd dare say she way more aware an connected with her self then I can be, even though she...a bit of a ditz.

edit on 5-10-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Are there humans devoid of souls walking this planet?

I think they're called politicians

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I hope that some day you will understand.

Right back at you.

There is only one God.
Do you recall the Temptation?
Allah took Yeshua ( Jesus, The Word, Yahwey, Jehova) to a high place and asked him to bow before him, and that Allah would give Yeshua full control over the earth.
Do you remember Jesus Yeshua's ( the Word) reply?
" Thou shall not tempt the Lord your God!"
Allah was created LONG AGO by the one he attempted to temp. Nice try though....

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

There is only one God.

There is a God for every point of view and journey through time.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

There is only one God.

The one that IS has been named God.

The illusion is that there is more than the one.

There is a belief in something separate to what is.

Should soul be spelt sole (being the only one)?

edit on 6-10-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If you believe in the here after then one would believe in the soul.

A metaphysical manfestation of oneself that is either trapped here or takes a holiday until it moves on to either heaven or hell.

Now if a person doesn't believe in either heaven or hell then why would one believe in the soul.

My take is since we can't live forever humans work around is the construct of the soul so they can live forever.

Albeit in one or two places.

As the saying goes there are more things in the heavens than the earth Horatio.

Don't be surprised if your soul does exist.

Can't exactly be disproved by any stretch.

And yes there are souless people walking this planet.

This is especially apparent in American politics and the middle east, and all over this globe.
edit on 7-10-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
Yes, but most people just call them "Gingers".

Dang it! You took the line I was going to use. LOL

I believe all people have souls, maybe some animals, like pets, have innocent souls. We as humans are headed on place or the other, depending on our acceptance of Christ. I don't want to get preachy so I will leave it at that.

I heard a story about a woman asking her pastor/priest if her pets would be in heaven. He asked her if she would be happy without them. She answered "no". The pastor/priest simply responded with "God wants you to be happy", and left it at that. I think that is some great insight.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Souls are a spiritual construct. If you believe in souls to begin with.

Now if we're going to debate with the understanding that souls theoretically exist, then yes, some people don't have them.

Psychopaths lack empathy, does that make them soulless?

I wonder, is it really necessary to have empathy in order to Do No Harm? You could have no empathy for others, but still be aware that doing harm to a person could be harmful to yourself or your environment. Just because someone cannot empathize with another does not mean they wish to walk around with a bunch of death and misery in their memories.

I seem to have a high degree of empathy, and i wonder sometimes, am i only a "good person" because of the personal pain and discomfort I feel when im aware of suffering? I'm easing their pain, but perhaps that is just a necessary stepping stone on the pathway to easing my own pain.

I like to think I would still do what's right even without my empathy. Because of justice. You can do whats right because you know it is right, without there being an emotional connection or involvement.

People who do harm habitually or a whole lot of harm in a short period have got to have something more going on than lack of empathy.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As to the op

I would go with dark souls, dim souls, corrupted souls, etc rather than No soul. Unless you mean something like an android. Or the transhumanism ideas some of these idiots have where they think they can download their personality into a computer or android and it will be like "living forever", lol... Yeah, to everyone else, it will be kind of like you are still around... But you will not be alive, you will be dead and go wherever dead ppl go.

Unless they are working on something like the soul technology talked about in Masquerade Of the Angels...? LoL who knows, but its a fun topic speculate so i thank you for that.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I believe your skin is just the vessel to hold your soul. The soulless people that walk this earth are the people who can hurt innocent animals and laugh about it, people who murder others unless it was truly in self defense and people who can devour a Krispy Kreme doughnut and not even think about sharing with me.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Real old idea from a gnostic writer. Called them "meat machines".

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
yes, they walk among us.
they are human locusts.

sites.google.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'd say it would be more likely to be other sorts of beings, disguised as human. As in, we aren't seeing what we believe we are seeing, but we notice something off, something creepy, about the "person". Various examples of this exist in the folklore - angels (fallen and otherwise), fairies, black-eyed types, MIB, etc. Someone appearing human, but seeming to not be, for some reason or another. Even creatures such as shapeshifters, and vampires, that can change form, would qualify. Aliens disguised as humans are popular in the lore as well. We have the fake "human" types from V, for example, or shapeshifting aliens in The X-Files.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join