It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there humans devoid of souls walking this planet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Would you consider that the holy spirit, that it animates the soul?

The Holy Spirit is an external force/entity that guides a person towards spirituality, not necessarily an animating force.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, what does a soulless person look like, how do they present, if they exist? Like psychopaths?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Would you consider that the holy spirit, that it animates the soul?

The Holy Spirit is an external force/entity that guides a person towards spirituality, not necessarily an animating force.

I'm not religious, but I view the symbolism of the holy spirit as the unifying life force (including self awareness, and perhaps consciousness) behind every single thing.

ETA:

It may or may not be self conscious, but "it" most definitely 'IS'

edit on 4-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
From a spiritual standpoint, Catholics for example believe that your soul leaves your body when you die. This would seem to imply having a soul in your body is some inherent part of being alive. This is also supported by the fact that Christians generally believe everyone, even the most evil, can repent and be saved. They must have a soul for that, so I don't think how evil or empathetic (or lack of empathy) indicates whether you have a soul or not.

From a scientific standpoint, who the # knows?

Have you considered posing this question to a priest or whoever the equivalent is in your belief system? If you're not a religious person, it might make an interesting study to go seek answers from local priests, imams, rabbis, in your area and see what they say.

Edit: Star and flag to the OP. This is something I never even thought of, interesting question.
edit on 4 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Good answer!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The Holy Spirit is a part of the Living God. He creates souls.
Offspring of fallen Angelic ( alien beings) and human were born without souls. They are now demons. Spirit but no soul.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'm not religious, but I view the symbolism of the holy spirit as the unifying life force (including self awareness, and perhaps consciousness) behind every single thing.

I think you might be thinking of the "Great Spirit," which is a property of some kind that allows a thing or a person to exist in reality because it allows people to perceive it and comprehend it. The Great Spirit is indeed in everything, according to animists like the Native Americans.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Blue Shift
The Holy Spirit is a part of the Living God. He creates souls.
Offspring of fallen Angelic ( alien beings) and human were born without souls. They are now demons. Spirit but no soul.

Well, I have heard that there is only one God, and Allah is his name. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You bet there are.... not only that they suck the soul right out of anyone stupid enough to marry her

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It depends upon what you mean. Definitions are important here.

If by "soul" you mean "conscience" and are referring to qualities such as empathy and compassion, the answer is an unequivocal "yes." They are sociopaths, psychopaths, and malignant narcissists. And they are all around you.

If by "soul" you mean a literal soul, like what is discussed in the Bible, all I can say is that there is no empirical proof that souls even exists, so the answer could quite literally be, "Yes. Everyone." Or "No. No one." Or something inbetween. And there is no way to know.

edit on 4-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I think you might be thinking of the "Great Spirit," which is a property of some kind that allows a thing or a person to exist in reality because it allows people to perceive it and comprehend it. The Great Spirit is indeed in everything, according to animists like the Native Americans.

You don't think that describes, or is representative of, the holy spirit?

Every culture has its description of the same thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So, what does a soulless person look like, how do they present, if they exist? Like psychopaths?

Maybe. *shrugs*

If we are to contend that normal good people have souls, and that souls are responsible for people being normal and good, then anything bad,, or psychopathic would indicate a void where the soul would reside.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When I was younger, I had a hobby where I animated globs of flesh into golem type humanoid critters... so, let's see ... ages around 23 to 27, 1000 per day, give or take... more than a million and four hundred thou soulless husks shambling around from my efforts alone!

I programmed them to strive for over sized houses, consumer items and undeserved praise and set 'em loose... wonder what happened to them?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Interesting concept! Yet, what is a soul really? Does an individual soul have free will? If so, it may still be empathetic and psychotic. Do ants or bees have souls? They have a hive mind that obeys signals from the queen. Workers, warriors, but will be willing to die to ensure the queen and future progeny is protected. What really is the meaning of soul?

I am clueless...but certainly not alone. I do believe that soul and spirit are separate. Spirits come in many forms as well, not necessary all good or evil...they are more like parasites on souls. Sometimes, it is beneficial...at others...detrimental to self and others.
Alas, this is only a simple offer of a simple opinion.

Edit add: Though I have read some alien abductees state that they believe the Greys are soulless...simple biological or organic robots. Something about the eyes and actions. Who knows?!?
edit on 10 4 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

it's your individuality and personality in a way.

That is what must be answered and defined for the discussion to have relevance.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

pretty sure I was souless once.

Im better now.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: GoShredAK

pretty sure I was souless once.

Im better now.

I think we all have been that route in one way or another
The key is , putting it in past tense.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe. *shrugs*

If we are to contend that normal good people have souls, and that souls are responsible for people being normal and good, then anything bad,, or psychopathic would indicate a void where the soul would reside.

Or do Dark Souls exist as well ?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I wrote this is another thread:

I've found in life that many people seem to be, by definition, insane - "in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction". I'm willing to bet you, reader, have encountered these people as well. Imagine someone who makes a claim, such as "The sun and the moon are the same size". Slightly irritated by this obvious ignorance, you show this person proof that the sun and the moon are in fact not the same size. "See", you say, "the diameter of the sun is 400 times that of the moon." To your shock, this person completely disregards everything they've just seen and responds with "No it's not, they're the same size." And this right here is insanity, a person suffering a mental state in which they are unable to perceive reality as it is.
I have a friend who is similar to me in intellect, and we have all sorts of great conversations. I spoke with her once about something relating to this. I believe in an "afterlife", or a "true reality", so to say, where exist none of the various limitations we are placed under in this physical 3-dimensional space-time reality. Now... Assuming that this "other place" is real, consider all of the theories about our 3-dimensional reality having been specifically created for us to experience life in. Whether you want to take a technological angle in that we are living in some sort of computer simulation, or a spiritual one in that some sort of God created our universe for us to live in, the idea is the same: that we are living in a "lesser" created reality.
So far, understand that I believe 1. There's a higher dimension or reality of existence beyond this one, 2. This reality or dimension was created for us to experience, and 3. Our true state is that of a spiritual one (that we exist truly as souls, not physical bodies).
With those three things in mind, I've developed an interesting theory of my own. I've noticed many times certain oddities with the minds of certain people, oddities which seem to go beyond the various nuances of human psychology and instead appear to indicate... Faulty programming. If a higher being could create a lesser reality or dimension of existence, an entire universe, would it be too strange to wonder if perhaps certain human beings exist simply as "filler programs" rather than being directed by an innate conscious soul? Are certain humans created simply to take up space and serve a certain purpose, rather than to harbor a soul meant to experience this reality?
This has interesting implications for the oft-questioned concept of free will and "God's plan". While not a Christian, I'm rather familiar with the religion. One common belief throughout its various denominations is that God has a specific plan for people. This is something that is also reflected in many near-death experiences. Many people have died only to be told their purpose has not yet been fulfilled, and then sent back. For example, perhaps part of God's plan for you is for you to experience a sexual assault. Why? Well, perhaps your purpose in life is to overcome the experience and use it to help others who have experienced the same - a ray of light piercing the darkness, so to say. Now this is just one example of course, but here's the thing; if God has a plan for everyone that can often depend on the actions of another, then free will would often get in the way of that, negating the perfection of said plans by the unpredictability of free will... Unless certain human bodies have been specifically made for these actions, rather than to contain a soul.
Are certain people not people at all, but merely "code", or biological robots without actual conscious souls? I think this may indeed be possible.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe. *shrugs*

Or do Dark Souls exist as well ?

Anti-Souls?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join