It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: xuenchen

Dunno man. In the world of business, if i walk into a meeting and its with 10 white dudes and no women or minorities...it makes me wonder about the values of their company. I mean, small companies formed by friends notwithstanding, any business that has any value to me will also find value in diversity.

Im not sure why we don't see that as important here....but it is. All of us are better than some of us.

Picking someone as an employee based on race for the sake of diversity is the same as picking someone based on race for the sake of homogeneity—they’re both racist and for the same reasons.

That is oversimplification of a complex problem, and not looking at unconscious bias.

Blind recruitment is used to overcome unconscious bias and promote diversity in the workforce, and it has gained an increasing foothold in companies after a series of studies showed that people with ethnic names needed to send out 50% more resumes before they got a callback than job hunters with “white”-sounding names.

“From research, it is clear that a more diverse workforce resembles your customer base more accurately; it allows for different ideas from different backgrounds. Bottom line, it is good for a business,” Mohammed says. “A more diverse workforce makes more money, they’re more profitable, they’re more harmonious in terms of being a team, so the benefits are all there.”

The same applies to governmental bodies, IMO.

www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Why can't companies just pick the best person for the job?

They should.

But in a world where there aren't just white men, do you think it suspicious that you come across an executive team with only white men?

As the owner of a company, would you not want to find as much diversity as you can to vary the viewpoints that ultimately end up being the driving force behind your profits?

There's nothing wrong with talking about that stuff. The "wrong" comes in using racial/gender metrics to make hiring decisions.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Michelle is about as likable as Hillary...

I would pay an obscene amount of money for her to run in 2020...

Trump would win by an electoral landslide [again]

-Chris

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Is it conceivable that a black person or a woman might be the best person for the job? What if you come across two people who are equally qualified to be the best for the job, and one of them is a white man, and one of them is a black woman? Who would you choose?

For me, it would come down to personality, and fit within the program at that point.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

So we went from "content of character" to "we need more people based on color/gender".

Dear gods, we are going backwards.

Well posted.
I always thought color was not supposed to matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I think in situations where you see a bunch of white men in an organization, that is why the white guy will most likely get hired - because he "fits in" better with the other white guys. And that's too bad.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's crazy that Trump earns the racist label by saying some Mexican illegals are rapists. Race isn't even mentioned and he's clearly talking about a specific, small segment of people, yet he's a racist. BUT Michelle Obama can demonize the skin tones and sex of her political opposition and that's hunky-dory.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with talking about that stuff. The "wrong" comes in using racial/gender metrics to make hiring decisions.

You say that, but it's only ever discussed in the context of white people. Diversity simply means getting rid of the whites. It's completely ok to have mostly black people, as we see in the NFL.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

You say that, but it's only ever discussed in the context of white people. Diversity simply means getting rid of the whites. It's completely ok to have mostly black people, as we see in the NFL.

If i ever walk into a meeting with a team of only black or only hispanic executives anywhere within the US, ill take this concern into consideration.

But even in communities where there are more hispanics that whites, white people still pretty much run everything. I live in those kinds of communities. Im one of the white people running everything. And when I go to meetings for local business people, its 90% white people. And about 2/3 men.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

There is a credit union I stopped doing business with because they wouldn't hire anyone who wasn't gay. It was all the scandal behind the scenes in the small town I lived in at the time.

Most of the folks who worked there were good folks that I liked. But the management bullied out people who didn't "fit in".

For me, "fit in" means that I wouldn't want to put a "big brother" type of leader in charge of a young team of misfits. In the call center world, i preferred more mature oriented (worldview, not age) supervisors at night with the kids who were working after school. The less seasoned managers were hired for day time shifts where they'd get more attention from upper management.

More experience brought more pay, which I viewed as a shift differential for evening management. It wasn't a popular viewpoint, you can imagine...but it helped me save 300 jobs when we were on the chopping block.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Is it conceivable that a black person or a woman might be the best person for the job? What if you come across two people who are equally qualified to be the best for the job, and one of them is a white man, and one of them is a black woman? Who would you choose?

Thats the thing, equal applicants. If you do not choose the black lady, then its automatic prejudice ..

I'd go with experience/history for the job applied for, to have a tie breaker. Companies have tie-breakers like this to further filter applicants down, and they have nothing to do with race.

I work for a sovereign native nation, and we hold the right to choose CDIB card holders over non-native. White and blacks are out in favor of our blood kin.

Is that racist in your opinion?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How does the OP get away with posting threads like this? I noticed the OP's threads are usually never based in facts but spin, cherry picked parts of a story or quotes or simply outright lies. Seems to do this for stars and flags.

Can anyone tell me how this person gets away with this?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear
How does the OP get away with posting threads like this? I noticed the OP's threads are usually never based in facts but spin, cherry picked parts of a story or quotes or simply outright lies. Seems to do this for stars and flags.

It is for the amusement of us all.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Its in the mudpit where political trolling is allowed.

(post by DrStevenBrule removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Not for nothing, but if #45 could pull it off, her chances is just as good, BTW I'm against political dynasties no matter which family.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

But even in communities where there are more hispanics that whites, white people still pretty much run everything. I live in those kinds of communities. Im one of the white people running everything. And when I go to meetings for local business people, its 90% white people. And about 2/3 men.

Why dont you give your job up?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Got away with what exactly? The headline is accurate.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

As an employer, I don't care what color someone is, I just want the best person for the job.

Who would I choose?

The best person for the job.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Just being a little above these failed, barbaric states is no big thing. I would not feel too good about just being a little better than these countries…

Oh it’s a crime if black people even talk about race to some.

Somebody should deal with the issue once in a while, why not.

To brush it under the rug doesn’t solve anything.

It’s a fact that the GOP has been trying their best to suppress the black vote in many southern states even the courts and SCOTUS has said that

That’s called racism

The first rule about Race Club!..is never talk about Race Club..

Especially if ur blk..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join