It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She is a hateful, spiteful witch.

She was worse than BHO and wasn't even elected.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So I guess that means the U.S. should run minority candidates only in all District and State elections.

White candidates are forbidden.

Right ?

Right.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Skin color is what got her husband into prestigious colleges,
Notice I did say good colleges?
They used to be but not anymore.

Skin color got her generic democrat husband noticed.

Skin color got her small resume husband elected president.

Apparently skin color is only bad when it's the wrong skin color.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just having a different skin color is not indicative of diversity.

I agree.

But coming from a different background does indicate diversity...

Minorities often come from different backgrounds to the status quo “well off, straight, Christian, white male” that is the norm of the GOP.

Hell their presidential candidate race was full of minorities last year...
But when speaking of elected representatives they fall way way short of the diverse mark, as ante’s stats just showed.

& again, I know you’re smarter than the idiot you choose to play...
There is no way you believe that Michelle Obama was actually calling for people to be elected just because of their race or gender...

She is just being dragged over the coals for highlighting the lack of diversity.

Which is nothing more than a deflection from the issue, in my opinion.
edit on 4-10-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"For the first time in my adult life, I'm really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback"

Michael Obama.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

for those who don't have time to watch the entire 1hr long video, she mentions the "all white all men" begining 33:30

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I believe she was just looking for people with different skin color.

It's not just her though.

No politician wants true diversity.

They want superficial diversity.

They absolutely do not want people with a diversity of thought.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So she's advocating diversity and unity, as opposed to homogeneity and division. She didn't do what the OP accuses her of. More nonsense.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
"For the first time in my adult life, I'm really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback"

Michael Obama.

For the first time in my life, I'm proud of my country because the conspiracy theorists on ATS have convinced me it's evil, and I love evil.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

for those who don't have time to watch the entire 1hr long video, she mentions the "all white all men" begining 33:30

Which makes her a misandrist racist.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Who is this person? Was she married to an actor or something?

Oh yeah, sorry.

She was married to the president once. Wow.

edit on 10 4 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The focus on race is ridiculous.the rules seem to shift for this based on how it can most he exploited.

For example, blacks voting as a block, having a black caucaus, etc. is seen as a good thing and natural.

But if whites vote for someone as a block, it's a white wash.

I don't think that it's seen as "good and natural" at all. I certainly don't see it that way. In my notion of a healthy society, there shouldn't be some groups for some races or other groups exclusively for a specific gender. That's far from any ideal I would likely conceive of.

I see it like I see Affirmative Action, a transient phenomenon in the context of a dynamic society across the passage of time, developing from our history and moving toward a better future. In other words, something that exists for a purpose and that should cease to exist when it's no longer serving that purpose.

Just a bit over 50 years ago, black people were, for all intents and purposes, under the law in many areas, second class citizens. You can't just transition from that state to a healthy, free and equal society after a couple decades and some Kumbaya singing. There are practical realities that most be addressed. Real, concrete disparities that can't be fixed through pretending the world suddenly became color blind overnight.

Do you think the GOP, an organization that at its most diverse is almost 90% white, male, heterosexual and Christian that represents a "conservative" political body that fought against rights for the aforementioned would ever, on its own, change the status quo to progress society? I don't think so. In fact, conservatism by definition is literally opposed to that. It's about resisting change in favor of the status quo and the traditional way of things.

Should I then concern myself that the small percentage of political leaders from a minority group that has never known equality in this society, pools the small fraction of power that they have, to act to address issues unique or disproportionately impacting their community when the greater whole has proven uninterested, unwilling or incapable of doing so?

It is also no secret that being a minority is often times considered an advantage in running for office.

I would argue that the statistics suggest quite forcefully that being anything but a straight, white, Christian male is a decided disadvantage if you're a Republican. I mean, if what you suggest is true, why are almost 90% of Republicans in Congress from the same specific demographic that only constitutes about a quarter of the population?
edit on 2017-10-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Do you think the GOP, an organization that at its most diverse is almost 90% white, male, heterosexual and Christian

Before I spend the two minutes it will take to prove your text not only wrong but really wrong, tell me do you want to retract that AND is your text representative of your grasp of the facts?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I see it like I see Affirmative Action, a transient phenomenon in the context of a dynamic society across the passage of time, developing from our history and moving toward a better future.

I come across this justification quite often. It sounds nice and well-meaning on the face of it. But when asking a progressive or radical leftist whereabouts they would like to progress, it turns out they can only offer vague answers, and the conviction that there is such goal.
edit on 4-10-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Before I spend the two minutes it will take to prove your text not only wrong but really wrong, tell me do you want to retract that AND is your text representative of your grasp of the facts?

I should have specified "GOP Congress" but other than that, I don't see a problem. Based on the demographic breakdown of the 115th Congress, by party, that I found, 85% of the GOP senators and 88% of GOP representatives fit that description.

If that was factually incorrect, by all means. I'm not afraid to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah. Well, people voted the white men in and it looks like they're keeping them in. FOUR MORE YEARS!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think it's funny that now you guys have a young, beautiful, brilliant Black Woman

Uh?

I think that this is the first time I have ever starred a 2 letter post....

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I see it like I see Affirmative Action, a transient phenomenon in the context of a dynamic society across the passage of time, developing from our history and moving toward a better future.

I come across this justification quite often. It sounds nice and well-meaning on the face of it. But when asking a progressive or radical leftist whereabouts they would like to progress, it turns out they can only offer vague answers, and the conviction that there is such goal.

Oh, you mean like Make America "Great" Again? I'm willing to bet I can be at least as specific about what I would consider a better state of affairs than just about any answer you'd get from a right-winger about what "Great" in MAGA means to them.

Since none of us are prescient and the future is an uncharted territory with ever less applicable historical precedence, I expect there to be a lot of unknowns in anyone's concept of a better society. I'm far more skeptical of people who claim to have it all figured out, like communists and modern libertarians, particularly those favoring the Austrian school of economics.

What you'd accept as a "good answer" would also depend on what your expectations are. Do you expect people to flesh out an entire utopian vision of the ideal society or are you simply asking for what would be an improvement?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

My GD property taxes are going up $1500

That would be your local government in action. Not Michelle Obama , nor even any other President.
But you are right about the division. The Democrats cannot have their original "True Blue Democrats" jumping ship on them in the next elections , as they have in the past.
They are trying the same ol same ol that caused it in the first place though.
The "Great Uniter" turned out to be "The Great Divider". Remember the "there is no brown America , there is no white America , etc." speech ? Didnt take long for him to rescind that one...
Michelle just following in the footsteps
Peace to all

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join