It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Completely on topic

If you pop both of your neighbors tires, you could sneak in their back door and rob them blind while they fight each other in the front lawn.

This is what these guys are doing.

Divide, distract, prolong the pillaging.

Getting annoying REAL fast.

Off/On topic

My GD property taxes are going up $1500

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: fiverx313
i enjoy these threads, because they really call out the posters who i don't need to pay any attention to... like anyone making michelle-is-a-man jokes, or ranting and raving about hillary, or talking about kicking anyone in their 'oval office'.

keep shining bright, sunbeams. i'll just be over here loving michelle and how she speaks truth to power

It's okay for her to talk $@&$ but bad for everyone else.

That's because 'they're' part of the Minority, and can say what they like because 'special privilege' and entitlement.

Wait.... that can't be right, whites are the new minority.

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I do think when Joan Rivers did it she was making a joke. Joan Rivers could be pretty mean-spirited in her snark, but people grabbed onto that remark and the timing of Joan's plastic surgery accident as proof that she spoke some unspeakable truth.

link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Completely on topic

If you pop both of your neighbors tires, you could sneak in their back door and rob them blind while they fight each other in the front lawn.

This is what these guys are doing.

Divide, distract, prolong the pillaging.

Getting annoying REAL fast.

Off/On topic

My GD property taxes are going up $1500

But Michelle is a gorilla.

Truly important topics to be discussing.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think you meant to say the racist pig.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She's gone full politician!

Speaking/catering to none other than one's base.

Telling them what they want to hear!

Maybe she should talk about Chicago, the death toll there this year..."Run" by democrats.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You do recall that he specifically mentions Jews, and Gentiles, and others in this speech? Y'know, living together in harmony? Etc...?

At the time of this speech, Jim Crow was alive and thriving, not just in the South, but elsewhere, as well. The KKK, while not the monolithic political power it had been during its heyday in the 30's, was still a force to be reckoned with.

It wasn't only the uppity blacks who were getting murdered, though they were by far the most victimized, but whites who had come to help with voting registration, and other civil rights work.

He didn't just speak to the blacks, he was speaking for the Hispanic field workers, the Okies--though redneck might be a more familiar term--the Jews, women, anyone and everyone were included in that dream.

He died for that dream. So, too, did many another.

Would he, were he alive today, use race division as his platform? Possibly, but only to decry it. Use it as an example of what not to do.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, on the Democrat side you had two old white guys, er... I mean Hillary and Bernie. And on the Republican side you had 2 Hispanic men, white woman, Indian woman(Haley), Indian man ( Jindal), Black man (Carson) but we are told the Democrats are the "party of diversity" RIIIGHT!!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh I’m well aware of his dream...
It’s something that leaves people in awe to this day... maybe the perfect sermon...
Likely both of us could sit together, drink together and listen to it together with a tear in our eye and hope for it to manifest...

But I have to disagree that what Michelle Obama’s said was “race division”...

It’s certainly being spun that way by the OP and their source...

But highlighting the lack of diversity isn’t the same as a call for a deluge of useless representatives based only on their gender and race...

& I don’t believe for one second that you truly feel that’s what Michelle was trying to say here.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I have absolutely no love for the Obama's.

But calling Michelle a man is the epitomization of ignorance (and it racks in multiple stars).

It also keeps the divisiveness alive and well.

That's why we won't see true policy change for some time.

While everyone is arguing and going after people for personal reasons we have the same policies for the most part since Bush.

Obama was almost a carbon copy aside from a few social programs, and Trump is on course to look good to supporters by talking tough but falling short.

Either Trump doesn't know how to get things through, or he doesn't intend to. Either way his minions eat it up. And here we are, very little has changed... Aside from an eloquent speaker we formerly had. And don't get me wrong, part of him being so good at speaking pissed me off when I knew he was a wolf in sheep's cloths.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, we won't get any legislation passed because of a bunch of inept congress people that would rather throw a childish temper tantrum than govern

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Trueman

I think it's funny that now you guys have a young, beautiful, brilliant Black Woman

No man, it's Obama's wife

LOL ... yep. Michelle Obama, 53 years old, Princeton cum laude graduate, Harvard Law graduate, rich, beautiful, articulate and probably running for national office.

Gotta love it.

You forgot, and one of the most racist people in the US.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

52 GOP senators, 85% are straight white males. Democrats are far more representative of the actual population democrats and of 48, they're like 62% straight white males.

The House is even more skewed from the population. 241 GOP reps:

0 gay (openly)
0 Asian
2 Black
7 Hispanic
21 Women in total.
212 white, straight, men and I'm sure all publicly Christian

I'm all about being a straight white guy, it's cool and all but I don't think 88% of political leaders need to be just like me. I mean let's face it, most of the time people can't stop talking about horrible these people in "the swamp" are, right? So I don't think anyone wants to explain the current state of affairs by saying that the just happen to be the most qualified human beings in the country for those jobs.

Is there something about being a politician that makes straight white Christian males the most qualified that I don't know about? Are male politicians better than female politicians? White politicians better than Asian politicians? Are Christians better at the job than atheists? No? Probably not. Probably a lot of them are atheists and quite a few of them secretly gay.

So why are 88% of Republicans in the House straight, (non-Hispanic) white, Christian men compared to the 59% on the other side of the aisle. Could it have anything to do with the demographics of voters? How'd that happen? Could it have anything to do with how the Civil Right's Era played out and Reagan's embrace of fundamentalists? Maybe it's because they're the conservative party these days and traditionalists and traditionally that's who has always had all the power? Does that seem like the sort of product you'd expect from a truly free and equal society?

I don't think Mrs. Obama is wrong. I don't think anyone is arguing that the numbers have to reflect the population perfectly but come on folks, nearly 90% from a single demographic? Are you effing kidding me?

edit on 2017-10-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Trueman

I think it's funny that now you guys have a young, beautiful, brilliant Black Woman

No man, it's Obama's wife

LOL ... yep. Michelle Obama, 53 years old, Princeton cum laude graduate, Harvard Law graduate, rich, beautiful, articulate and probably running for national office.

Gotta love it.

And failed attorney.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think she'll be a marginally better Presidential candidate than Hillary.

I'm not aware of Michelle cackling like a lunatic over the murder of a serving head of state. Not yet, anyway.

So the Democrats could do worse than Michelle in 2020.

link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, we won't get any legislation passed because of a bunch of inept congress people that would rather throw a childish temper tantrum than govern

That's assuming Trump is being honest. Remember when he went after Obama for how much he golfer? Well Trump golfs more.

Maybe nothing to you, but it costs us money and shows he will say whatever people want to hear.

link   

She also said something last week that would come back to bite her, if she ran for the Senate, or whatever. What was it she said?

At any rate Michelle and Hillary are both suffering from chronic verbal diarrhea. Better for Republicans.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The focus on race is ridiculous.the rules seem to shift for this based on how it can most he exploited.

For example, blacks voting as a block, having a black caucaus, etc. is seen as a good thing and natural.

But if whites vote for someone as a block, it's a white wash.

It is also no secret that being a minority is often times considered an advantage in running for office.

As time goes on, the amount of minority politicians in both parties is increasing.

I do not think that a focus on the race of politicians is helpful.

And I think a prominent voice connected to the parties should be the last person making these claims.

Had a Republican mentioned race in a manner such as this, they would be shouted down as appealing to white nationalist.

But for some reason, even people I respect are giving Michelle a pass for this.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The question you should be asking yourself is whether or not Republicans are better for us as a country. For you and me and our families and friends and neighbors and co-workers.

It seems to me that when it comes to the GOP, if you even want to be considered, the biggest qualification is to be a part of a demographic that constitutes about one quarter of the population? And they know it just like they know the make up of their base and how they tend to vote. And it manifests itself in their policy agenda.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

If anything, it should always be a diversity of thought, of opinion.

Just having a different skin color is not indicative of diversity.

Politics today is really less about any diversity because politicians want everyone to think the same way.

Any diversity today is solely superficial and only contends with skin color, or genitals.

There is never any call for diversity of thought.

Only for how people "look".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join