It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Gandalf77

i'd vote for michelle! i think she's great. she's hands down 100% better than what we got. lol

Maybe you'll get your chance. Contact your local DNC office and push the idea. I think Michelle is proud of America still.

If she ever loses an election, she won't be so proud.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well she's not wrong, the racists love themselves some republican party, that's who have been marching with tiki torches.

What she should be highlighting is what manner of degeneracy is causing white male christian types to be child rapers or mass murderers.

Every time you hear about such things it's always some so called stand up white guy doing the depravity.

White America needs to address the failures within their society that causes such outrages to occur.

K~

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The average White male American probably breaks even on the "privilege" question. There's a lot of hyperbole on both sides regarding that issue.

However, there is no question ... none, that the overwhelming majority of individuals in every strata of societal control and power are rich and White and male.

Congress. The White House. The Supreme Court. The State Legislatures. Large Corporations. Mid-sized and small businesses. Banking. Science and Engineering. Etc. etc. etc.

No rational person can say that White males (usually in the 1%) don't have 99% of the control in this country.

Now, I know that things like Affirmative Action really piss some of you off. I know that when Women, Blacks, Hispanics, LGBT or anyone else that doesn't fit your club stands up and states an opinion, it grinds at your hearts. I know that MANY OF YOU are doing your best to overcome the natural xenophobic, domineering response to be respectful, and to, once in a while, give a non-White-non-Male person a chance.

And you feel so good about that. Why, somehow (even though you still think two elections were stolen from you) a BLACK MAN became President of the United States. How many of you have declared that as the end of racism and racial tension in this country?

Think about that.

Here are the facts, and we all might as well get used to it. The demographics of the United States is changing.

Your "old America" isn't coming back.

And yes, some of us who are members of groups that were held down, held back, punished for being who and what we are will take some time to get over it. There's still a lot of anger on "our" side too. There are people who want to lash out and keep lashing out ... and we all have to manage that as a culture.

We can learn to work together as EQUALS though ... and if we are going to survive as a country, we're going to have to start soon.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

i'd vote for michelle! i think she's great. she's hands down 100% better than what we got. lol

Maybe you'll get your chance. Contact your local DNC office and push the idea. I think Michelle is proud of America still.

Yeah, that's supposed to take the uppity right out of those darn females, ain't it Xuench.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Perhaps the unity comes from going after the 1%. Forget that they are white men.
I do believe that the vast majority of left and right would like to see the 1% taken down several rungs.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Perhaps the unity comes from going after the 1%. Forget that they are white men.
I do believe that the vast majority of left and right would like to see the 1% taken down several rungs.

That's absolutely the right course. Sadly, those who remark on that are called communists and hateful of the rich.

What has really happened, not to put too fine an edge on it, is that the White/Black, Man/Woman, Gay/Straight, American/non-American, etc. etc. has been stoked every day in all media and entertainment for at least the last century.

And the rich, the truly rich, are richer than EVER ... and the rest of us are fighting over the scraps.

That's how They like it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

This is simple fact.

However, the wailing and crying about how badly the White men are being treated (with nary an example other than "she said something mean.")

Here are your facts...

Men die by suicide 3.5x more often than women.
On average, there are 121 suicides per day.
White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2015.
Firearms account for almost 50% of all suicides.
The rate of suicide is highest in middle age — white men in particular.

You think this is just a coincidence?
Your comment tells me you are not white or you are filled to the brim with unpasteurized white guilt.
edit on 5-10-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That's absolutely the right course. Sadly, those who remark on that are called communists and hateful of the rich.

What has really happened, not to put too fine an edge on it, is that the White/Black, Man/Woman, Gay/Straight, American/non-American, etc. etc. has been stoked every day in all media and entertainment for at least the last century.

And the rich, the truly rich, are richer than EVER ... and the rest of us are fighting over the scraps.

That's how They like it.

Agreed! - except for one thing.

I suspect that a majority on the right, even way right in terms of the conservative ideology, understand that it is not capitalism that put the 1% where they are... it's crony capitalism... and they don't like it.

I initially liked Bernie's "1%" message. It was simple, powerful and true. I just didn't like what his plans for using some of the money taken from the 1%.... that is where the ideological differences came into play.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Keep your day job.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I have to disagree. Perhaps because most Republicans I know personally are American Southerners.

They seem themselves as "temporarily embarrassed millionaires." If they're not doing well financially, it's because someone got a better promotion than them, or they have to pay alimony and child support, or the government is taking all my money (and the government does take a lot from someone making less than $20/hr) and givin' it to those (insert name of favorite hated minority here).

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Always good to hear from a fan.

There's that narcissism.

No wonder you project onto Trump

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Well she's not wrong, the racists love themselves some republican party, that's who have been marching with tiki torches.

What she should be highlighting is what manner of degeneracy is causing white male christian types to be child rapers or mass murderers.

Every time you hear about such things it's always some so called stand up white guy doing the depravity.

White America needs to address the failures within their society that causes such outrages to occur.

K~

Ah geez.

Statistics would make your jaw drop to the center of the earth.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Woman??? a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

Trump's only position is ... that Women have no rights, not even to the autonomy of their own bodies.

Lol. Good example of why no one takes you seriously.

He should lock all the female execs he's hired over the years in a shed in the back of a yard and make them eat out of a bowl on all fours.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yeah, that's supposed to take the uppity right out of those darn females, ain't it Xuench.

Is that you Archie Bunker?
You are the only member using the word "uppity". Are you 75 or just trolling?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

According to Tyler Perry, aka "Madea", MICHELE is NOT going to run for office...and neither is OPRAH.
thehill.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

According to Tyler Perry, aka "Madea", MICHELE is NOT going to run for office...and neither is OPRAH.
thehill.com...

Well that makes me think they will be.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

thehill.com...

Well that makes me think they will be.

You think Tyler Perry is trying to throw us off the trail. Is that what's known as a Fake Flag?

Hmmmm.. Possibly!

You know.. I honestly think Michelle running with Oprah as VP might work! That combo would be more acceptable to America than the previously speculated ticket of Hillary and Michelle.
edit on 10/5/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is that you Archie Bunker?
You are the only member using the word "uppity". Are you 75 or just trolling?

I'm just using the word so many of you want to use ... but can't bring yourselves to.

Especially you, Cleopatra.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

a reply to: MysticPearl

Trump's only position is ... that Women have no rights, not even to the autonomy of their own bodies.

Lol. Good example of why no one takes you seriously.

He should lock all the female execs he's hired over the years in a shed in the back of a yard and make them eat out of a bowl on all fours.

You "take me seriously" enough to snipe form the sidelines about my posts, chief.

We're talking about his policies as a candidate and as President. Do try to keep up.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join