It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The true racism is spilling out. It's the left.

What's even more racist is if say, a black person wanted to be a conservative and/or join the GOP, they're called an uncle Tom, a house n_____, someone turning their back on their own.

Funny little scenario they've contrived. If you're black and conservative you're basically racist against your own so you must be liberal and think as blacks are supposed to, and then we'll use that as proof the GOP is too white and racist.

Lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: xuenchen

Funny little scenario they've contrived. If you're black and conservative you're basically racist against your own so you must be liberal and think as blacks are supposed to, and then we'll use that as proof the GOP is too white and racist.

Lol.

I think that is exactly right.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Too many Whites and too many Men in Congress and no "diversity" in the Republican Party !!

Wait... isn't her hubby white?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just saw as she's dropping a truth bomb.

It's really hard to get into congress. It's 80 percent white and 80 percent male and 40 percent lawyers. I just added that last part because i think it's ridiculous that the most hated profession in the US is lawyer and yet we elect so many to be our "leaders" LOL

So, back on point, Is Michelle wrong to call out that our government isn't very diverse?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Wow, another thread that will net flags and stars based only on the title.

I think it's funny that now you guys have a young, beautiful, brilliant Black Woman to be afraid of who has NONE of the baggage of Hillary Clinton.

I wonder if she's formed a PAC yet ... I'll have to go donate money just to help her keep evoking the hysteria.

LOL

Lol.

You saw this thread pop up, read it, watched the video and typed out your response in under three mins.

I mean, that's some real triggering going on. You must have an alarm going off in your house, a little snowflake siren which beeps anytime you might get offended on ATS.
edit on 5-10-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

It's really hard to get into congress. It's 80 percent white and 80 percent male and 40 percent lawyers. I just added that last part because i think it's ridiculous that the most hated profession in the US is lawyer and yet we elect so many to be our "leaders" LOL

So, back on point, Is Michelle wrong to call out that our government isn't very diverse?

She wasn't calling out the govt. She was calling out the GOP and suggesting something was wrong, when it is perfectly normal not to have many black GOP representatives. So it was only really a 'truth bomb' in the sense that it blew up the truth.
edit on 5/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

She wasn't calling out the govt. She was calling out the GOP and suggesting something was wrong, when it is perfectly normal not to have many black GOP representatives.

Yeah, again another truth bomb. Why not call it out? How can you represent a very diverse American when you're not a very diverse organization?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Not sure if this is even a valid question...

Women are the majority of the population...They could vote in a 100% female congress, why not? Why are women creating these lack of diversity scenarios? So in the end who is old Michelle calling out?

Now when one looks at quite a few of the female congresswoman I can understand their lack of putting more in... Not that the males are any better, but boy there are some zingers...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

She wasn't calling out the govt. She was calling out the GOP and suggesting something was wrong, when it is perfectly normal not to have many black GOP representatives.

Yeah, again another truth bomb. Why not call it out? How can you represent a very diverse American when you're not a very diverse organization?

There is no need for one party to represent all the citizen's views. That would be odd and also impossible. I think you may have not understood your own system of govt. Congress represents the people in the legislative branch and it is supposed to be made up of the differing views of a diverse nation - as voted for by districts and states. Groupthink is to be avoided.

It's not the GOP rejecting black people, it's black people rejecting the GOP. Therefore a lack of black people in the representation is perfectly normal.

The discussion should be why do black people reject the GOP? - NOT - Do the GOP reject black people?
I am sure there would be many views on that. Mine is that there is deeply ingrained racism in the black community. Now THERE'S a truth bomb.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

She said "Because on one side, all men, all white,”.

So what's Ben Carson, I swear he ran for the GOP. Guess he's not black enough. Sarah Palin I don't care for, but I guess she's not a true woman as she's conservative. Herman Cain, also not a true black. Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Michael Steele, Ken Blackwell, Elroy Sailor, Ashley Bell, Lynne Patton and on and on and on.

But, all men, all white, because racist!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

She said "Because on one side, all men, all white,”.

So what's Ben Carson, I swear he ran for the GOP. Guess he's not black enough. Sarah Palin I don't care for, but I guess she's not a true woman as she's conservative. Herman Cain, also not a true black. Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Michael Steele, Ken Blackwell, Elroy Sailor, Ashley Bell, Lynne Patton and on and on and on.

But, all men, all white, because racist!

In fact, looking at the names and considering the actual votes the GOP get from the black community, it's likely that the GOP is OVER-represented by black people.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

She does have a point. The right still looks pretty white. Even some of the smarter Greedy Old Parasites have acknowledged that their party has a diversity issue. (Hard to imagine why. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the policies that alienate those demographics.)

To their credit, though, it might be getting better.
They did manage to get an orange BLOTUS in office (orange with an apparent affinity for red...).

She has no valid point - she's a racist. Not a good idea to empathise with racists.

Michelle Obama a racist? That's a laugh...in a cosmically ironic way.

I'm as white as they come, and I'd vote for her any day of the week. (Clinton, never.)

Congrats - you are not racist, but Michelle Obama is, by her own words.

She was pointing out the lack of diversity. Can you kindly point me to an actual quote that you think makes her a racist?

I'm sorry, but the Obamas are not racist. That's just right-wing nutburger speak.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ATS is diverse.

ATS is truly diverse.

Because we are unable to focus on superficial physical features, we are forced to use our minds, our abilities to describe our values, our ethical viewpoints.

Politicians are all about what "looks good". It's never about ideas, opinions. It's all about looks.

Sometimes I wish politics and politicians were more like this site.

Being forced to actually explain your position instead of having a "photo-op" might actually force every politician to think and use their minds for the first time.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

She does have a point. The right still looks pretty white. Even some of the smarter Greedy Old Parasites have acknowledged that their party has a diversity issue. (Hard to imagine why. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the policies that alienate those demographics.)

To their credit, though, it might be getting better.
They did manage to get an orange BLOTUS in office (orange with an apparent affinity for red...).

She has no valid point - she's a racist. Not a good idea to empathise with racists.

Michelle Obama a racist? That's a laugh...in a cosmically ironic way.

I'm as white as they come, and I'd vote for her any day of the week. (Clinton, never.)

Congrats - you are not racist, but Michelle Obama is, by her own words.

She was pointing out the lack of diversity. Can you kindly point me to an actual quote that you think makes her a racist?

I'm sorry, but the Obamas are not racist. That's just right-wing nutburger speak.

Yes, she was pointing out what she perceived as a PROBLEM. Her problem was that there were too many white people, and the other side of the room she was referring to was better because it had more 'black' and 'yellow' people.

She saw a problem with too much 'white' - which is racist. If one were to say there are too many black people in Chicago, for example, that would also be racist.

She is also anti-woman, so all round a nasty person.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not buying it.
She was pointing out a lack of diversity in all that whiteness.
She wasn't dissing on the crackers, hating on whitey, etc.

The more honest members of the GOP have also admitted as much.

The Obamas are not racist--as much as the looney fringe would like to believe otherwise.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Always good to hear from a fan.

Now, the topic? Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

She has no problem with white people who think like her and hold the same opinions.

She just hates real diversity.

The diversity of ideas.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
is michelle thinking of running? we got the usual crowd here triggered. lol starting their slam campaign, making up crap, just in case.

punch of pusses, imo.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: UKTruth

She has no problem with white people who think like her and hold the same opinions.

She just hates real diversity.

The diversity of ideas.

That's an interesting way to put it. I will say that is most definitely a fair observation where a lot of liberals and conservatives are concerned.

I don't necessarily think that obtains with MO, though. I don't see it. Just my opinion...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Sorry, but I'm not buying it.
She was pointing out a lack of diversity in all that whiteness.
She wasn't dissing on the crackers, hating on whitey, etc.

The more honest members of the GOP have also admitted as much.

The Obamas are not racist--as much as the looney fringe would like to believe otherwise.

Ignorance is no defence of racism.
There is no lack of racial diversity in the GOP representation. It is about as it should be.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join