It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are right about the NFL and NBA. It's about athletic ability, and there are a lot of superior athletic abilities within the black population.

So, are we saying that the GOP feels that white men have superior abilities when it comes to smarts or something?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

It may not feel like it, but yes, the USA is technically a right of center country and our political spectrum is within a window of that right of center area. People who call republicans far right don't understand what far right is, and people who call democrats far left don't understand what far left is. Sure we have one offs, but they stand no chance of driving the direction of the country. We have people slightly farther right than right of center and some people slightly farther left of right of center. It is a tricky area.

Feeding a false narrative (no women or people of color are republicans) does nothing to bridge the divide.
edit on 5-10-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You are right about the NFL and NBA. It's about athletic ability, and there are a lot of superior athletic abilities within the black population.

So, are we saying that the GOP feels that white men have superior abilities when it comes to smarts or something?

I'm not, but you obviously are.

As I've said from the beginning, all politicians don't care about real diversity. There is no diversity in character, in viewpoints, values.

They just care about superficial diversity such as skin color.

pfft.

Might as well judge people on nose size.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Which noses would be superior?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Which noses would be superior?

My nose, you nose-less non nosey-nose.

All hail the Better Nose!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: RazorV66

People on both sides keep bringing up racism, reverse racism, white privilege etc etc it is all getting very old.

Just remember, the only identity politics at work on the Democrat side ... just deny reality and you'll be fine.

Idk. I voted green party in 2008 and guess what? She was black. At the time I voted green because I felt we wouldn't do enough about human-induced global warming. Back then I didn't know about identity politics. I voted for Jill in 2012. I may have voted green in 2004, but I can't remember. I voted libertarian this year. I don't like identity politics either, but there're some real concerns. White privilege isn't about race really, it's about giving everybody a good start in life. It's not right to have such a lopsided socioeconomics. It even feeds into other things, like suicide, violent crime and even IQ.

Some possible examples to support:
scielo.isciii.es - Suicide, unemployment and other socioeconomic factors: evidence from the economic crisis in Greece...
www.annalsofepidemiology.org - Mental illness and reduction of gun violence and suicide: bringing epidemiologic research to policy...
newsroom.ucla.edu - Poverty may have a greater effect on suicide rates than do unemployment or foreclosures...
www.albionmonitor.com - Poverty Lowers IQ, Study Says...
siteresources.worldbank.org - Inequality and violent crime...
www.apa.org - Violence & Socioeconomic Status...
edit on 10/5/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not at all. The only point I am trying to make here, is that her remarks were racist.
a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Always good to hear from a fan.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I don’t seem to disagree with anything you said.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In the NBA and the NFL, the scouts and coaches are looking for the best talent they can find. Does that mean the players they choose are the only ones capable of performing well at those positions? Of course not. Members of congress are elected by the people n their district. Does that mean they are the only ones capable of performing well as a congress person? No. I'm sure there are many capable people, black and white, male and female who are able to fill the duties adeptly. But they are scrutinized through campaigns and debates that are much more thorough than athletic try-outs. The point is, for the Former First Lady to make a blanketed statement that there are too many whites in congress is very inappropriate and racist. Do I believe that blacks are unfairly persecuted in our society? Absolutely. But I think we need to hold everyone accountable, including blacks, for any racially motivated comments.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

She really is an idiot.

If the GOP had more 'diversity' the left would never win an election.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I said earlier that I don't pay attention to anything she says. She has no influence in my life.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MitchL61
In the NBA and the NFL, the scouts and coaches are looking for the best talent they can find. Does that mean the players they choose are the only ones capable of performing well at those positions? Of course not. Members of congress are elected by the people n their district. Does that mean they are the only ones capable of performing well as a congress person? No. I'm sure there are many capable people, black and white, male and female who are able to fill the duties adeptly. But they are scrutinized through campaigns and debates that are much more thorough than athletic try-outs. The point is, for the Former First Lady to make a blanketed statement that there are too many whites in congress is very inappropriate and racist. Do I believe that blacks are unfairly persecuted in our society? Absolutely. But I think we need to hold everyone accountable, including blacks, for any racially motivated comments.

I've read 30 or upwards 40% of congress are millionaires. In the general population less than 10% households are. So it's quadrupled in representation. Maybe we want wealthy supposedly smart people in congress? But are these "smart" people going to represent us, or their own? How do they know what it's like to live paycheck to paycheck? Or to live without health insurance? Maybe it's only a distant memory to them? This same trouble applies to Trump. He knows nothing about the poor or middle class.

www.motherjones.com - Correction: The Share of White Millionaires Really Has Doubled Since 1992...
edit on 10/5/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
She does have a point. The right still looks pretty white. Even some of the smarter Greedy Old Parasites have acknowledged that their party has a diversity issue. (Hard to imagine why. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the policies that alienate those demographics.)

To their credit, though, it might be getting better.
They did manage to get an orange BLOTUS in office (orange with an apparent affinity for red...).

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I agree with you to an extent. I think that many of our congress members are out of touch with the normal working class. However, I also want someone to represent my district who has a good business sense, and has a proven track record of being fiscally responsible with his or hers own personal finances. I certainly don't want people with a poor credit history, or who have little or nothing because they have squandered their money and used it unwisely, to be in charge of how funds are used in my state or district. So, oftentimes, these people are elected because they have shown a history of being fiscally responsible, which leads to personal wealth.
reply to: jonnywhite

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Straight out of Plymouth Rock ... God rewards the virtuous with wealth.

How many are lawyers and doctors? Wealth does not always mean prudence and industry.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
She does have a point. The right still looks pretty white. Even some of the smarter Greedy Old Parasites have acknowledged that their party has a diversity issue. (Hard to imagine why. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the policies that alienate those demographics.)

They did manage to get an orange BLOTUS in office (orange with an apparent affinity for red...).

She has no valid point - she's a racist. Not a good idea to empathise with racists. It's like saying David Duke has a point.

There is no racism or diversity issue in the GOP representation that is being driven by the GOP itself.
In the general election of 2016 only 8% of the black vote was Republican., which means in reality only about 1.5% of their overall vote.
There is no significant pool of black people to draw upon to become GOP representatives. It's not suppression of black people that is causing GOP to have few black representatives, it is that black people just do not align with or believe in the policies of the GOP party. That is called choice and it is a good thing.

Why should the GOP change the core of their policies just to attract black voters - and by extension future black representatives?

The REAL issue I see here is why any single race of people would vote in such a block. Millions of black people have been living under Democrat governance for years. They must love it to vote in such high percentages for the same policies, yet the barrage of complaints about discrimination and lack of equal opportunity remains. Odd. Unless perhaps the real reason black people vote for Democrats is that they see the GOP as a 'white party' and vote against it purely for racial reasons.

Here's an uncomfortable thought - I wonder what we would find if we could compare the percentage of white people who voted for Trump just because he was white and compared it the percentage of black people who voted for Obama just because he was black? I wonder.
edit on 5/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

She has no valid point - she's a racist. Not a good idea to empathise with racists.

Michelle Obama a racist? That's a laugh...in a cosmically ironic way.

I'm as white as they come, and I'd vote for her any day of the week. (Clinton, never.)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

She has no valid point - she's a racist. Not a good idea to empathise with racists.

Michelle Obama a racist? That's a laugh...in a cosmically ironic way.

I'm as white as they come, and I'd vote for her any day of the week. (Clinton, never.)

Congrats - you are not racist, but Michelle Obama is, by her own words.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Who cares? She is a major-league racist, and so is her squeeze.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join