It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryphon: you are hereby not allowed to post anymore, you are upsetting the conservatives too much.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven
a reply to: InTheLight

You would think based on posting activity.

Have you any views on the thread topic?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Gryphon: you are hereby not allowed to post anymore, you are upsetting the conservatives too much.

I will admit to some confusion here. I guess my initial comment that the thread author (who is legendary here for the number of threads started each day, I couldn't begin to compete with that volume) really irritated one member.

Who cares what I think, anyway, LOL?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

From where i stand, he looks more and more conservative with each passing day.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShawnTBear

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

How does Michael Obama get away with saying stuff like this? I noticed Michael Obama's speeches are usually never based in facts but spin, cherry picked parts of a story or quotes or simply outright lies. Seems to do this for virtue signaling.

Can anyone tell me how this person gets away with this?

fixed that for you

So you don't think there is a lack of diversity in congress? I mean how dare she point out a fact.

So how would you as an "authority" make sure all Congressional Districts and States are 100% diverse and "enough" "Minorities" get elected ?

How would you enforce laws that mandate that concept ?

A "no-voting allowed" dictatorship perhaps ?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Democrats are going all out to keep the racial and gender divisions alive and make it a big Democrat campaign issue.

Yes, how awful of Democrats to point out the racism inherent in much of the GOP and their politics. I like how in your mind, it's okay for the GOP to be racially divisive, but it's not okay for anybody to actually point it out. That makes them the bad guy. What a joke.
It SHOULD be a campaign issue, you doofus.

This website has become a depressing wasteland of moronic, brainwashed, gullible, disingenuous MAGA-humping twits.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What?

Only white people ran for the Dems in 2016.

Republicans had white, black, Hispanic, and orange people running.

No diversity my ass.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

How does Michael Obama get away with saying stuff like this? I noticed Michael Obama's speeches are usually never based in facts but spin, cherry picked parts of a story or quotes or simply outright lies. Seems to do this for virtue signaling.

Can anyone tell me how this person gets away with this?

fixed that for you

So you don't think there is a lack of diversity in congress? I mean how dare she point out a fact.

So how would you as an "authority" make sure all Congressional Districts and States are 100% diverse and "enough" "Minorities" get elected ?

How would you enforce laws that mandate that concept ?

A "no-voting allowed" dictatorship perhaps ?

- term limits so the "good ol boys club" is broken up
- drop the hammer on campaign finance
- kill PAC's and other "soft" money
- overhaul the criminal justice system so that minorities are not target for recipients of criminal offenses for just living their lives
- bulldoze all housing projects and begin using that money instead to purchase one of the hundreds of thousands of empty/foreclosed homes to be used in their place. This spreads disadvantaged people across the community so that they can recieve and share ideas with the rest of the world rather than being stuck in a housing project away from the rest of the world
- abolish the Federal Department of Education and any laws that they would be the prime executor for ("No Child Left Behind Act", for example). Put the onus of divying up federal funds on the Department of Interior or something, and get Uncle Sam out of the classroom where he does the most damage
- reinstate Smith Mundt, but put more teeth in it
- abolish (and if needed, reform) the CIA so that all leadership is removed from federal positions

That would be a good start towards creating a more level playing field that people could try to find the American dream in. It would still take a few generations, but what we are doing now will only give us more of what we have now.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: face23785

Why would I waste time on a substantive post in another star-and-flag harvesting thread in the Mud Pit?

Even through you're a new member, do you ever write substantive posts? Or is your whole deal whining and complaining about other members and giving your unsolicited opinions of them?

Asking for a friend.

unsolicited opinions

Gryphon66

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

Democrats are going all out to keep the racial and gender divisions alive and make it a big Democrat campaign issue.

Yes, how awful of Democrats to point out the racism inherent in much of the GOP and their politics. I like how in your mind, it's okay for the GOP to be racially divisive, but it's not okay for anybody to actually point it out. That makes them the bad guy. What a joke.
It SHOULD be a campaign issue, you doofus.

This website has become a depressing wasteland of moronic, brainwashed, gullible, disingenuous MAGA-humping twits.

What racism? Specifics?
edit on 5-10-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: accidentally posted 3 times

link   

edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: accidentally posted 3 times

link   
Just imagine the repercussions if someone made the claim that there are too many blacks in congress. They would be crucified.
edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

To guarantee Donald Trump's reelection, Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama should run as President/Vice President in 2020. Which one would be at the top of the ticket?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Holy crap, having read back and seeing that you didn't clarify, I think you actually do mean michelle obama. Beautiful? Brilliant? Young? Woman?

Gobsmacked.

Get your eyes and sanity checked.

I've seen a couple of comments like this in this thread. But, let me guess: you guys totally aren't racist, right?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MitchL61
Just imagine the repercussions if someone made the claim that there are too many blacks in congress.

As if that had ever, or will ever happen.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

While I absolutely agree with your sentiment, you have to admit she was wrong to say that; Or do you agree that the republican side of the isle has no women and no people of color? These kinds of divisive remarks do nothing to bring people back to the center :-(

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Maybe not, but what if someone said there are too many blacks in the NFL or NBA? The point is, she's making a racist remark no matter how you slice it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MitchL61
Maybe not, but what if someone said there are too many blacks in the NFL or NBA? The point is, she's making a racist remark no matter how you slice it.

The NFL and NBA are perfect examples of hiring the best person for the job.

It's so frustrating that here in 2017, people are still hung up on skin color.

Hell, might as well be eye color or hair color. It's a phenotype. It is just a physical representation of the persons genetic makeup.

Maybe we should judge people based on toe size.

It would be just as ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

While I absolutely agree with your sentiment, you have to admit she was wrong to say that; Or do you agree that the republican side of the isle has no women and no people of color? These kinds of divisive remarks do nothing to bring people back to the center :-(

Was there ever a centre?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join