It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Slams ‘All White, All Men’ GOP

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Why can't companies just pick the best person for the job?

They should.

But in a world where there aren't just white men, do you think it suspicious that you come across an executive team with only white men?

As the owner of a company, would you not want to find as much diversity as you can to vary the viewpoints that ultimately end up being the driving force behind your profits?

There's nothing wrong with talking about that stuff. The "wrong" comes in using racial/gender metrics to make hiring decisions.

When you talk about diversity, remember, you're talking about superficial diversity. Things like skin color, gender. Physical characteristics that may have absolutely nothing to do with the character of the individual.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

But even in communities where there are more hispanics that whites, white people still pretty much run everything. I live in those kinds of communities. Im one of the white people running everything. And when I go to meetings for local business people, its 90% white people. And about 2/3 men.

Why dont you give your job up?

I mean no personal insult, but that is the dumbest question I have been asked in quite some time.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

There is a credit union I stopped doing business with because they wouldn't hire anyone who wasn't gay.

Yep, that's just as bad as hiring only white guys.

For me, "fit in" means that I wouldn't want to put a "big brother" type of leader in charge of a young team of misfits. In the call center world, i preferred more mature oriented (worldview, not age) supervisors at night with the kids who were working after school. The less seasoned managers were hired for day time shifts where they'd get more attention from upper management.

You aren't one of the managers I would worry about. I managed a very small call center for a few years, so I understand your strategy. I remember interviewing for a supervisor where most of the call agents were white. It was down to two people: a white woman and a black woman. Both had the same number of years experience and held similar positions, but the black woman appeared more organized and "together" than the white woman. I chose the black woman, even though most of her underlings would be white. I think I chose the best person for the job, and she worked out fine.

I know for a fact that there are minorities out there that are perfectly capable of pretty much any position, so when I see anyplace where there are only white people, I get suspicious.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: ShawnTBear
How does Michael Obama get away with saying stuff like this? I noticed Michael Obama's speeches are usually never based in facts but spin, cherry picked parts of a story or quotes or simply outright lies. Seems to do this for virtue signaling.

Can anyone tell me how this person gets away with this?

fixed that for you

So you don't think there is a lack of diversity in congress? I mean how dare she point out a fact.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

There's nothing wrong with talking about that stuff. The "wrong" comes in using racial/gender metrics to make hiring decisions.

You say that, but it's only ever discussed in the context of white people. Diversity simply means getting rid of the whites. It's completely ok to have mostly black people, as we see in the NFL.

If i ever walk into a meeting with a team of only black or only hispanic executives anywhere within the US, ill take this concern into consideration.

But even in communities where there are more hispanics that whites, white people still pretty much run everything. I live in those kinds of communities. Im one of the white people running everything. And when I go to meetings for local business people, its 90% white people. And about 2/3 men.

Used to live in Austin and San Marcos, alot of "White" people are actually hispanic... same thing in my book. Some people cant tell or are willfully ignorant and just see white and dont like it
edit on 1052017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

How does Michael Obama get away with saying stuff like this? I noticed Michael Obama's speeches are usually never based in facts but spin, cherry picked parts of a story or quotes or simply outright lies. Seems to do this for virtue signaling.

Can anyone tell me how this person gets away with this?

fixed that for you

So you don't think there is a lack of diversity in congress? I mean how dare she point out a fact.

There is no diversity in Congress. They may look different but they all think the same.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

young, beautiful, brilliant Black Woman

Riiiiiiight

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The majority of people I see having issues with this comment is the white male republicans.

She is right though, how can you trust a government to do whats best for you, if you feel you are not represented or under represented in government.

I really don't see what the issue with this fact is?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
OOPS DP
edit on 5-10-2017 by ShawnTBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've never taken anything this woman has said seriously.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: comawhite12

young, beautiful, brilliant Black Woman

Riiiiiiight

You disagree?

And?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The majority of people I see having issues with this comment is the white male republicans.

She is right though, how can you trust a government to do whats best for you, if you feel you are not represented or under represented in government.

I really don't see what the issue with this fact is?

You mean the snowflakes?

Just wait ... when they realize that they can claim that "snowflake" applied to them is "racially derogatory.:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wow, another 37 posts by you in a thread where you feel it necessary to give your 2 cents on every conservative-leaning comment, so you too can rack up stars.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven

Wow, another 37 posts by you in a thread where you feel it necessary to give your 2 cents on every conservative-leaning comment, so you too can rack up stars.

Is there a star contest going on?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven

LOL.

What stars? And 37 posts? You counted?

I'm always glad to hear from a fan ... but jeez ... you may need to find a life.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

The lady doth protest too much, methinks ....

edit on 5-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Methinks the lady doth protest overmuch....

Well, when posters have to insult/attack others we know that game.

And your two cents is a welcome change from the ignorance not yet denied.
edit on 110CDT11America/Chicago042111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

My Shakespeare is rusty, but nonetheless.

I enjoy your posts too. I would think our friends here would too ... surely they don't merely want an "Amen Corner" in every Hillary/Michelle/Bill bashing thread ... do they?

How boring.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

My Shakespeare is rusty, but nonetheless.

I enjoy your posts too. I would think our friends here would too ... surely they don't merely want an "Amen Corner" in every Hillary/Michelle/Bill bashing thread ... do they?

How boring.

Thanks. I find the topic of bias (unconscious and conscious) in the U.S.A. (not my country) and your historic and continuing divisive events very interesting, yet sad. I just ignore the bashing part.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You would think based on posting activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join