It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Life Rep. Tim Murphy Pressured Mistress to Get Abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Dude, it's like a Niner's fan slamming the Browns for being 32(last) in the power rankings while sitting at 31. Not a resounding endorsement.

Here's a novel idea. Why not point out something good by a politician? There's thousands of them.Gotta be a few decent ones. That would bring something positive to the board instead of the continual finger pointing.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I'm talking about the way you talk down to people.

I'm an asshole to people that are condescending. Even in real life. If you disagree that's what happened here, sux.

You have a problem with that? Don't throw the first stones and I won't give a damn.

It's often a strategy of people around here with no material to use in the subject to deflect to decor. You wouldn't even be saying that if this story wasn't a poor reflection of your personal morals(I control the rules, but I don't follow them).

I don't talk down to people that don't deserve it. The only people that deserve it think they're higher than anyone else. This includes you. If you're going to talk down to others, I'm going to talk down to you, this isn't a mistake or a habit.

Take an example from 'seasonal' poster, he reflects a lot of your ideas, but he isn't an asshat in processing them. If you posted like him, you wouldn't be garbage opinions. Sorry you don't see me fit to be the critic.(I don't care.)
edit on 4-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

originally posted by: thesaneone

I'm talking about the way you talk down to people.

I'm an asshole to people that are condescending. Even in real life. If you disagree that's what happened here, sux.

You have a problem with that? Don't throw the first stones and I won't give a damn.

It's often a strategy of people around here with no material to use in the subject to deflect to decor. You wouldn't even be saying that if this story wasn't a poor reflection of your personal morals(I control the rules, but I don't follow them).

I don't talk down to people that don't deserve it. The only people that deserve it think they're higher than anyone else. This includes you. If you're going to talk down to others, I'm going to talk down to you, this isn't a mistake or a habit.

Take an example from 'seasonal' poster, he reflects a lot of your ideas, but he isn't an asshat in processing them. If you posted like him, you wouldn't be garbage opinions. Sorry you don't see me fit to be the critic.(I don't care.)

Dragging other members into this??? Tsk tsk.

As for the rest, *shrug*

To stay on topic.

This guy is a hypocrite and a pos, I don't believe in abortion unless it a life saving issue, I won't stop anyone from getting one either, their body their choice.
edit on 4-10-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What a shock, a Congressman willing to do anything to not get in trouble.

I wouldn't doubt he would perform a partial birth abortion himself if it kept things quiet. He'd even eat the baby, i'm sure. It's the nature of our politicians for the vast majority of them.

Voters will take care of this POS hopefully and I am a conservative.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Dude, it's like a Niner's fan slamming the Browns for being 32(last) in the power rankings while sitting at 31. Not a resounding endorsement.

Here's a novel idea. Why not point out something good by a politician? There's thousands of them.Gotta be a few decent ones. That would bring something positive to the board instead of the continual finger pointing.

Unfortunately our system makes ego driven personalities vie for office. Most care about themselves first, getting re-elected second and their donors third. The Country and the actual voters who elect them are way down the list.

There aren't more than a handful or two of nationally elected officials that I respect. Most are not deserving of being elected in the first place because of their priorities.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

And his hypocrisy should change my mind how?

When you discover how un-green Al Gore's or Leonardo DiCaprio's lifestyles are, does that make you less inclined to believe in MMGW?

I also note than many of the same politicians who push for a general gun ban also have armed security details and some of them carry their own concealed licenses.
edit on 4-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All you are carefully parroting this is a 'politician thing'.

Ahahahaha. No.

It's not.

It's a conservative thing. I know plenty of "conservatives" that are not politicians, and this basic story happened to them.

You live in perpetual denial.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

As they say in these parts, be the change you want to see.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The guys an ass but how does this prove pro life folks are wrong and that abortions are done based on it being inconvenient to have a child

I'm half pro choice but this is just a headline used to push pro choice bs

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

It's pointing out the hypocrisy. This politician who's strongly pro-life in public is actually pro-abortion in real life. How can he try to limit other people's ability to have abortions while simultaneously trying to convince his mistress to have an abortion? It would be like a strongly anti-illegal immigrant politician getting caught having a lot of illegal immigrants working on his property.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If this story were unique, it would be of no moment.

Another hypocritical man who couldn't keep his pants on.

But it's not unique. It's descriptive of virtually every issue that the religious right weighs in on politically.

Abortion, homosexuality, adultery, drugs, etc.

It's not really wrong if a Christian does it, because "presto chango" if I say I'm sorry Jesus magically forgives me.

#retch

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

lefts*

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I don't trust any of them . If they truly were for the people , we wouldn't be in this mess . The line between Republican and Democrat is iffy at best .

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Gotta love these 'god-fearing' republicans.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
And don't forget the dual adultery angle. He's married and the woman he was having an affair with was married (it was her divorce case that brought the affair to light in the first place). Family values at their finest, right?

One the one hand I see this case as further proof that the family values ideology just doesn't work, because people will make exceptions and take a more convenient route for themselves more often than not.

At the same time though, I have to wonder... is it actually a bad thing for a politician to represent their constituitents values above their own?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

At the same time though, I have to wonder... is it actually a bad thing for a politician to represent their constituents' values above their own?

I wouldn't have much of a problem with that if politicians were upfront about only voting for something because that's what their constituents wanted.

But this dude has written a book about parenting & another book about how to keep relationships together. He co-sponsored a bill that would've given "pre-born" children equal protection under the 14th Amendment (2007-HR618). And he literally just voted on Tuesday to restrict abortions in the House of Representatives (H.R. 36: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act).

And listen to his argument against HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius in 2012 about the possible religious objections to employers having to provide healthcare plans that include contraceptives. Dude's literally bringing up Jesus and the Apostles in his argument at the 4 min mark.

edit on 4-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Plenty hypocrisy to go around. Thank god ATS is here to point out every indiscretion. I might lose sleep not knowing. @@

Does hypocrisy matter more when someone is responsible for creating laws that govern 300M+ people?

I get the scandal exhaustion, but do we lower the bar of our expectations by shrugging our shoulders.

That seems a recipe for worse not better.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks like Murphy's out.

Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.) will resign later this month following a report this week that he urged a woman with whom he was having an affair to have an abortion.

Murphy had originally announced Wednesday night that he would not seek reelection and serve out the rest of his term through 2018.

But he will now resign from the House effective Oct. 21, rather than linger for more than a year following the scandal.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) confirmed that he received a letter of resignation from Murphy on Thursday.

GOP lawmaker Tim Murphy to resign

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Woo-hoo!
Another hypocritical greedy old parasite bites the bag and steps out the door.

Like it, love it, want more of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
time for some light humor???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join