It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Life Rep. Tim Murphy Pressured Mistress to Get Abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm not even surprised anymore. How many of these socially conservative politicians turn out to be absolute hypocrites in the end?

A conservative Republican congressman whom conservative organizations have praised for being an anti-abortion crusader sent text messages to his married lover in January, urging her to get an abortion after believing she was pregnant, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, who has a strong anti-abortion voting history, acknowledged last month he had an affair with Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh. Text messages sent between Murphy's phone number and Edwards in January show the two discussing the pregnancy scare, and Edwards pointed out Murphy's hypocrisy in pressuring her to get an abortion.

www.usnews.com...

I'm of the firm belief that the vast majority of these congressmen and women don't really buy into the crap they preach to their constituents. It's all a pony show in the end to get votes. The sad thing is this will be sweeped under the rug by many pro-life groups among their supporters and they'll rally behind others. Not much different to the gay 'anti-gay' GOP politicians either that have been ousted over the years. Do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

He's a hypocrite. Abortion is still wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I'm not even surprised anymore. How many of these socially conservative politicians turn out to be absolute hypocrites in the end?

A conservative Republican congressman whom conservative organizations have praised for being an anti-abortion crusader sent text messages to his married lover in January, urging her to get an abortion after believing she was pregnant, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, who has a strong anti-abortion voting history, acknowledged last month he had an affair with Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh. Text messages sent between Murphy's phone number and Edwards in January show the two discussing the pregnancy scare, and Edwards pointed out Murphy's hypocrisy in pressuring her to get an abortion.

www.usnews.com...

I'm of the firm belief that the vast majority of these congressmen and women don't really buy into the crap they preach to their constituents. It's all a pony show in the end to get votes. The sad thing is this will be sweeped under the rug by many pro-life groups among their supporters and they'll rally behind others. Not much different to the gay 'anti-gay' GOP politicians either that have been ousted over the years. Do as I say, not as I do.
just to try to set you straight, politicians ride the waves of their constituents. It's not the other way around. People with morals are setting the standards, and politicians come in and act the part. And it is the same on both sides. You yourself have a set of morals that you live by, which can be taken advantage of by someone who wants power. End of story

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Comedy gold...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
and yet, they will pass bills that target the abortions that have some of the saddest stories there are!!

ahh.. poor little guy was screwing around with the wrong person, got her pregnant... surely an abortion is justified!!

but when it comes to late term abortions, when there's stories like this one....

www.ourbodiesourselves.org...

their heart is as cold as stone!!!

thehill.com...
edit on 4-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And don't forget the dual adultery angle. He's married and the woman he was having an affair with was married (it was her divorce case that brought the affair to light in the first place). Family values at their finest, right?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Abortions aren't for rich assholes who can't use a condom when they cheat,

it's for poor people that cannot afford a family itself.

Disgusting how Republicans want basic rights for themselves but not others, but the defining difference of a 'liberal' is they want these rights for others.

He should be rejected and forced to raise the baby, how does that sound to ATS conservative crowds? That's what you yell when a homeless lady in a box becomes pregnant, how is this man different?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Plenty hypocrisy to go around. Thank god ATS is here to point out every indiscretion. I might lose sleep not knowing. @@

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hypocrisy is the Right's current platform.

Their general stance with healthcare is they should get it, but not at the cost of others getting it.

This has continued to follow the trend.

They're hypocritical over things that benefit them, and hypocritically, only when it benefits them. They spend their whole lives denying people access, and then when they need help, they cut to the front of the line.
edit on 4-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Hypocrisy is the Right's current platform.

The right hardly has a monopoly on hypocrisy. I'm sure there will be an indiscretion of a liberal pointed out in retaliation for this thread before long.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I wouldn't trust a Congressman with anything of mine, Republican or Democrat.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You misunderstand the point, so I'll try to spell it out for you.

Liberals are Hypocritical, sure.

The Right is Hypocritically, hypocritical. There is a difference, they acknowledge their own hypocrisy, they do not care because it benefits them.

Liberals are hypocrites because they're stupid. Not because they're aware. In other words, ignorance verses arrogance. There is a worse of the two. This guy legit thinks he's better than other people, to push others against abortion, but then be first in line to get one when his circumstances are the least worthy for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

No need. I DO get it.

There is a worse of the two.

Hardly. What's the difference between smelling like urine or smelling like crap? Both are disgusting.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

You will never change, will you?

Differant name, same piss poor attitude.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The liberal smells like urine unknowingly, but the republican smeared the crap on himself to gross out the liberal because he was grossed out by the smell of urine.

You tell me who is worse. I think it's clear both are disgusting. Maybe we should discipline the one that is knowingly wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Not surprised.

They are all morally corrupt. Especially for a party that extols it's virtues.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So you're for abortion of rich people that cheat, or?

Obviously, I have a piss poor attitude about people being treated unequally in a 'free republic'.

This guy is RICH so he gets what he wants.

If someone is POOR it doesn't matter if they were raped in an alley, they will be forced to have a child and that will economically cripple them and they will probably end up homeless.

If we're going to BITCH AND MOAN about these dirt poor trash people getting abortions, how is this rich white male christian acceptable when he has the top 90% of conditions in America to raise a child? It's not, it's sickening he ruins peoples lives and you valiantly defend his actions no matter what side of the stick he uses to beat poor people with it. Need I even remind you this makes him a murderer of a high quality raising and education of a child verses none at all.

The nail in the coffin is Republicans don't care about this story because it was a Republican that was hypocritical. You have no moral ethics within your party, this could have been ANYONE but the moment it's someone that is representative of the Right's camp, nothing is wrong, he could shoot someone in the street and praise communism and blah blah blah, for the sake of 'everyone elses image' we're going to pretend he doesn't exist and it's the perfect example of why the politicians of the Right and the platform itself are garbage. You claim to know the best law of the land and how to enforce it, but don't even follow the god damned rules you set yourself as basic morals and ethics, forget the damned laws you break.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'm not for anyone getting an abortion, the guy is a pos.

Your coming unglued, careful.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm talking about the way you talk down to people.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm not going to defend this guy, firstly because I hate cheating assholes and secondly, man up and take responsibility for your deeds.
But if this guy is your standard republican as has been pointed out, then Anthony weiner is your standard democrat.

Jerks don't follow party lines.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join