It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes 20 week abortion ban.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: dawnstar

Like I said, it should be covered.

We talking about human life, not convenience. I'm sorry, but how hard could it be to do a pregnancy test once a month?

Fear of pregnancy shouldn't be pre-occupying a woman's mind all the time. A woman doing a pregnancy test every month would probably be diagnosed with some kind of obsessive disorder these day.

The government should cover the cost, and they should make it law - 49 days, just in case. You are responsible to test if having sexual intercourse, with or without protection.

Efforts could also be made to encourage and aid those who discover they're pregnant but don't want the child to take the baby to term and give it up for adoption. They perhaps should even be paid for it, at least for the last six months.

I don't see why we can't fix this thing in a way that works, rather than in effect filling superdomes of aborted human beings. How can we build a just society on the basis of that? Particularly if there is such a thing as reincarnation and or it the ancient wisdom is valid.

As it is, it's just not right.

Women abort pregnancies because "they don't want the child" or because they can't afford to raise one and even out of mere inconvenience - pregnant? oh, get an abortion, simple as that.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Around when the spirit enters through the pineal gland.

not only should they have to pay for their birth control out of pocket......
but.... they should have to also pay for monthly or bi-monthly pregnancy tests also so they can detect their pregnancy earlier than their bodies would allow them to???

Those things should be universally covered, but given what's at stake, doing a bimonthly pregnancy tests shouldn't be a problem.

Because, buying pads, tampons, other feminine care products, birth control pills, annual checks under the hood, are not enough, as it is.

Now we all have to buy pregnancy tests, too.

Better buy em in bulk.

12 times a year, Is all that would be needed based on my 49th day notion, that it's not wise to do so after the 49th day after conception, as the fetus becomes animated with the breath and spirit of it's essential beingness. Best not to abort at all, but if it's to be done, it ought not take place after the 49th day, just to err on the side of caution.

If everyone were to abide by it, then it would work, but it would have to be covered under some sort of universal health care provision, also for the good of society.

edit on 6-10-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
LOL.

Interesting that natural processes, from the beginning of time, have aborted 50% of pregnancies.

As far as producing "super domes full of souls" ... 21st century women have nothing on "God."

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So you believe in God then?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleepyDude

Not even close. You may notice the word is in quotes.

Is this relevant to something under discussion, or idle interest?
edit on 6-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: SleepyDude

Not even close. You may notice the word is in quotes.

Is this relevant to something under discussion, or idle interest?

No, i'd say it pertained to

This

LOL.

This

Interesting that natural processes, from the beginning of time, have aborted 50% of pregnancies.

And this

As far as producing "super domes full of souls" ... 21st century women have nothing on "God."

But thanks for noticing.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SleepyDude

Okay, explain to us how my lack of belief in God affects the rate of spontaneous abortion then.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The great thing about this legislation is that it will go nowhere ... just like similar bills in 2013 and 2015.

The Senate isn't going to waste i's time with this crap.

As for the narrowly divided Senate, where passing abortion-related bills can be harder than in the House, the legislation may not get floor time anytime soon. GOP Whip Sen. John Cornyn was asked Monday if the chamber would take up the legislation.
"That's not a near-term priority," Cornyn replied.

Cite
edit on 6-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Okay, so you're arguing morality, and that abortion is fundamentally immoral, and that a society can't be built on immorality.

So, why allow abortion up to 49 days? Why is it less immoral to abort at 49 days than 60 days, for example? Why is there a line at all?

And, as far as souls reincarnating into a society that allows for abortion, every soul that enter through this door knows that life on earth devours life with ferocity and gusto, in order to survive. Subjugation and exploitation of life is required in order to thrive.

Women abort pregnancies because "they don't want the child" or because they can't afford to raise one and even out of mere inconvenience - pregnant? oh, get an abortion, simple as that.

A child should be wanted and celebrated, not seen as a life long punishment for a few minutes of sexual pleasure.

edit on 6-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Particularly if there is such a thing as reincarnation and or it the ancient wisdom is valid.

umm.... my father spent time in india during WW2. he's told me this story quite a few times. a group of his buddies and him were driving their jeep through a town when they accidentally hit a cow. the villagers became very angry at them, almost arrested them, that could have been one of their lost loved ones or whatever. one of his buddies wanted to put the cow out of it's misery since it was obvious that it wasn't gonna survive, but well, that might have been when the villagers started talking about arresting them, not sure, my father passed on many decades ago and I was young girl last time I heard him tell it. but, they were forced to leave the cow there, laying in the road in agony...

it that the kind of reincanation you are talking about??? the kind that says we should do nothing to help the suffering and down trodden because that is how they are paying for their past transgressions? the kind that has a strict caste system where no one is allow to rise above their station. the kind that would leave crippled children crippled out in the street with cup in hand... that kind?? well sorry to say this, but our modern day healthcare system seems to fly contrary to that kind. I mean if that person is sick because his suffering is a way to pay for past transgressions, then wouldn't we also be interfering by curing the sickness? and why give pain meds to anyone since the suffering is good!! why correct a cleft pallet? why help a poor kid get into a college?

49th day after conception, as the fetus becomes animated with the breath and spirit of it's essential beingness.

and you still have not shown and evidence that this is true and by the way, there is no "breath" till the baby is born???

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

A child should be wanted and celebrated, not seen as a life long punishment for a few minutes of sexual pleasure.

The origin of this idea, as you well know, is that women's enjoyment of sexual activity must be strictly controlled, or else, they may just mate with anyone they want.

Fundamental male primate fear.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If the soul is immortal the entire issue is moot.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's called a 'compromise'. Look it up.

Neither camp will be happy with it. A practical solution in my view.

edit on 6-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

if the soul is immortal, if there are beings on other planes of existence that feed off of negative emotions like some claim...
it would explain why some would prefer to keep the suffering to remain imprisoned on this realm, weather they be severely deformed babies with the only prognosis is to die painful death, or those nearing the end of death who would prefer to leave.
since both not only offers a feast to those beings from the ones suffering but also the ones with emotional attachments to them.

which, is probably why belief systems should just not be a part of such discussions, while some claim that life is so precious it should be clung to even in the very worst cases, some feel the opposite to be true, that the spirit is what should be protected and allowed to be freed from this plane when they become stuck in a body that doesn't serve it's purpose in even the most minimal ways.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

What are we "compromising" on though. If the anti-abortion camp believes that all abortions are murder, are you telling me they're negotiating on which murders are acceptable?

Doesn't that concept engender just a tiny bit of fear in your "soul'?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

When we open the doorway to belief, rather than known facts, we always end up in irrationality.

As we see with the anti-choice side of the argument repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

When we open the doorway to belief, rather than known facts, we always end up in irrationality.

As we see with the anti-choice side of the argument repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No. Just because you have a problem with my freedom, that doesn't mean that I need to "compromise" my freedom to appease you!

Again I ask. Please explain to me. what part of Roe V Wade is broken and why it needs to be fixed?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What are we "compromising" on though. If the anti-abortion camp believes that all abortions are murder, are you telling me they're negotiating on which murders are acceptable?

Doesn't that concept engender just a tiny bit of fear in your "soul'?

Nope.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No. Just because you have a problem with my freedom, that doesn't mean that I need to "compromise" my freedom to appease you!

Again I ask. Please explain to me. what part of Roe V Wade is broken and why it needs to be fixed?

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's ass about Roe V Wade. My problem is with your definition of freedom. This bill allows women their freedom. Right up to 20 weeks. Then the scales tip in favor of the developing human and logically no longer merely one's own body but also another's.

Works for me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join