It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Al Jazeera Airs Zawahri Tape Blasting Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Pan-Arab satellite television station today aired an audio recording purported to be from Al Qaida deputy Ayman Al Zawahri. The recording was released on the internet earlier this month, and reportedly blast the elections in Iraq as fraudulent. The speaker on the tape continues to blast the "freedoms" that the Bush Administration states the elections represent.

english.aljazeera.net
Al-Qaida's deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has condemned the American concept of freedom in a taped speech broadcast by Aljazeera.

Aired on Thursday, the audiotape message said the freedom sought by millions in the Islamic world was "not the freedom to destroy others ... it is not the freedom that allows [America] to support oppressive regimes".

Al-Zawahiri said he could not accept Washington's continued promotion of "Israel's freedom to annihilate Muslims".

The comments were first issued on 2 February on the internet, but were aired for the first time on Thursday.

Al-Zawahiri also slammed what he called "fraudulent elections held under occupation", in a reference to last month's polls in Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is an obvious counter to President Bush's statements that democracy is taking hold in the Middle East. Democratic freedoms are opposite of what Al Qaida would have.

Al Qaida seeks a type of theocratic dictatorship that would unite the entire Arab world under the rule of one.

The rapid response to the elections from Zawahri, this tape was originally posted on the internet on 2 FEB 05, almost seems to have been a canned response, planned and prepared for prior to Iraq's elections. It seems apparent that they feel threatened by the taste of democracy that the elections have given the middle east.

And now Saudi Arabia has also had a faux election. Democracy, and the freedoms that it represents are perhaps the greatest threat to Al Qaida's goals.

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

[edit on 2/10/2005 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well its not as if the claim of fraudulent elections has no basis. If the US election could be rigged im damn sure the Iraqi one could be.

Also the Israeli's do have support in murdering Palestinians, $3 billion support per year.

Not that I even remotely think Al Qaeda have any merrit but that one statement really states the obvious.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
In a country with as many cultural divisions as Iraq the whole process of democracy seems entirely irrelevant since most of the country will do what it wants to anyway. I have heard that 60% of registered voters turned out, a figure which doesnt tell us how many of the TOTAL population voted. My estimate is 30%. If so then 15% (Given that most eletions in a democracy involve 2 major parties) of the TOTAL population are choosing the government for the other 75% which makes these elections illegal, nonsensical and probably th cause of a future civil war which may result in the partition of Iraq.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The images of millions of Iraqis that came out openly and in defiance to terrorist threats, whether the election is rigged or not...is a statement in and of itself....one that shows terrorists will have to start killing alot more people alot faster if they think they can make the general population bow to them in servitude and fear.

subz says,

the Israeli's do have support in murdering Palestinians, $3 billion support per year.
I take offence that you use the term "murder" so casually....
The Nation of Israel and its people had modern day genocide attempted against them thru their history...including EVERY arab neighbor.
The aid you claim is for murder is REALLY for self defense from people, like the palestinians, that WILL NOT leave Israel alone, and have expoused their desire to wipe them out. Until i see a time where NOONE is attacking or threatening Israel...then i say let them shoot back, and if America stands up to help prevent GENOCIDE,
than this the right thing to do.

JamesBlonde hypothosises the election was illegal,

I have heard that 60% of registered voters turned out, a figure which doesnt tell us how many of the TOTAL population voted. My estimate is 30%. If so then 15% (Given that most eletions in a democracy involve 2 major parties) of the TOTAL population are choosing the government for the other 75% which makes these elections illegal, nonsensical and probably th cause of a future civil war which may result in the partition of Iraq.
It must be nice to just make up figures that support your argument as you go...who needs credibillity anyway?

Look at the messages that have been comming from terrorists latley...from mullah Omar in afganistan....he basically said recently had to deny reports that his men were laying down theior weapons....
why would he need to make such a public statement...doesnt this imply WEAKNESS in that he felt the need to "rally" his forces so openly by denying they were losing fighters?

Now we hear from deputy dog in Iraq his desperate claim to the world audience that the elections arent valid...well the world just saw MILLIONS of citizens out in defiance to the terror threats....how strong are the millitants if the locals arent seemingly that affraid of them?

I think the war preassure, and being cut off from $$$ and support is starting to wear them thin...they seem desperate, hardly any more glory fest proclamations, now the communications are specific and ones that indicate theyre loosing their grip if they have to start to deny observations and general information leaking to the world.

Soon well start to hear requests in a give and take sense, like negotiating, as the noose tightens around them....they will bargain to have the weight of the USA off of them. By then the people of Iraq will hopefully gotten their country in order and will be able to fend for themselves...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Israel takes a lot of slanderous press as it continues to constantly perform impossible achievements. Haven't heard about many? No surprise, however there are many, and on a daily and nightly basis.
Opinions change in the wake of increased obviation of real contextuality and increased true awareness of factual data.
People want to hate. How should that be handled? More thought might go into opinions so they won't be solely negative(worthless). All the hell the peoples of the world pay may be the result of uncomprehending reactionariism. So why stop now? skull smiley

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Al Qaida seeks a type of theocratic dictatorship that would unite the entire Arab world under the rule of one.

Sounds amazing like a new world order scenario doesn't it? Hmmmm...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Sounds amazing like a new world order scenario doesn't it? Hmmmm...

Or a defense against another NWO plan that's already further along... But I'm forgetting the bin Laden Bush connections.

Hmmm. Need to think more about this one.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Or a defense against another NWO plan that's already further along... But I'm forgetting the bin Laden Bush connections.

Hmmm. Need to think more about this one.

That's exactly the connection I was thinking of...great minds think alike. Too bad we don't have money and family connections. We'd be quite a team!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I take offence that you use the term "murder" so casually....
The Nation of Israel and its people had modern day genocide attempted against them thru their history...including EVERY arab neighbor.
Shooting 11 and 12 year old kids for throwing stones is murder if you ask me. Firing rockets into refugee camps is murder if you ask me. Using a helicopter to kill 1 person and killing scores of innocent bystanders is murder if you ask me. Firing rockets into the family home of a terrorist and killing his 8 year old son as well is murder if you ask me. Shall I go on?

I dont give a rats arse what happend to a peoples in the past, it never gives anyone the right to murder innocents. Its this friggen mindset that the Israelis have the right to kill innocents in the process of securing their country because they've had it so hard in the past which is just wrong.

Im not saying Palestinian millitants and terrorists havent done the same kinds of barbaric acts that the Israelis have done either. But using sins of the father or even country man to engage in killing innocents is just a perfect receipe for a spiral of bloodshed - the Middle East.

Get over the past, all the killing in the World wont correct history. Refrain from killing ANYONE on ANY SIDE that is innocent and there might just start to be any semblence of peace in the World

The aid you claim is for murder is REALLY for self defense from people, like the palestinians, that WILL NOT leave Israel alone, and have expoused their desire to wipe them out. Until i see a time where NOONE is attacking or threatening Israel...then i say let them shoot back, and if America stands up to help prevent GENOCIDE,
than this the right thing to do.
Fine. Self defence is one thing but like ive already said, they use that money to buy rockets and helicopters that they use to kill innocent people. The Israeli idea of security would be to fire a hellfire missle into a schoolbus full of kids just to kill a Palestinian terrorist that might be in there too. But thats ok because bleedinghearts in the USA remember the holocaust and excuse the criminal actions they carry out because they've had a # history.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
quote:
The Israeli idea of security would be to fire a hellfire missle into a schoolbus full of kids just to kill a Palestinian terrorist that might be in there too. But thats ok because bleedinghearts in the USA

Who told you that,...... you're quite the sweeping mind reader, aye? and about bleedinghearts.......? ever hear of shadow projection? I got it! you're working for the good guys, right? sorry about that.
that was a good one (where're the skully smileys?, could use one here)

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Go here and you will find the #'s your looking for so you don't have to think so hard when rigging you own silly little election %ages.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Subz says,

Firing rockets into the family home of a terrorist and killing his 8 year old son as well is murder if you ask me.
Lets be clear here...
When you expouse terrorism, when you are known to recruit, train, plan, and help execute a terrorist attack.....you VOID your safety as well as that of your 8yr old "innocent" child and the rest of your household.

The terrorist MUST learn that there are severe concequences for these actions....
finding, teaching and planning for someone to strap on a bomb and get onto a bus or go into a plaza and blow themselves up..specifically to cause death to innocents, is murder and is FAR different that a retalitory strike against a limited target which includes people not directly the person in question.

Terrosists MUST learn that if they expouse the TRUE MURDER of people, that they forfiet any kind of assumption that the same wont happen to them and theirs.

Is this a great plan, well its certantly not the most peaceful....
but what do you suggest be done? Allow those responsible to get away time and again with no threat of accountabillity?

Israel is not advocating eliminating the palestinians from existance, the same can not be said in reverse....
When you throw rocks at armed soidiers to antagonize them, what do you expect in return? Rocks or rubber bullets?
ALL deaths resulting from a conflict of any kind are regrettable, but MURDER is pretty strong as it implies more willful intent than other actions you claim are in an out of context fashion.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

When you expouse terrorism, when you are known to recruit, train, plan, and help execute a terrorist attack.....you VOID your safety as well as that of your 8yr old "innocent" child and the rest of your household.
I had to read that line a few times before I believed you actually spent time writing that.

Are you completely immoral? Anyone who would willingly kill or endorse the killing of innocents, and yes an 8yr old can only be INNOCENT, would actually void their OWN SAFTEY.

I think people with your values should be locked up or blown up with a rocket I dont care which. Utterly amazing.

What do I suggest be done instead of wholesale slaughter? How about use the Mosad and get close enough to the target to arrest them? They've done it in the past, I guess mass slaughter is just easier. Hell if their blood lust is that high they could even shoot the target in the back with a pistol or something. Theres always options other than what they currently do.

[edit on 14/2/05 by subz]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Subz says,

Firing rockets into the family home of a terrorist and killing his 8 year old son as well is murder if you ask me.
Lets be clear here...

I can't believe you wrote that. So its is perfectly OK to kill 8 year old children if they are related to or in the company of a terrorist (without arguing about whether they are terrorists or not). Sick.

However taking your "argument" as it stands then you are saying there is justification for killing innocent civilians if they are related to terrorists. A terrorist is somebody who is attacking your country/ way of life. Therefore , presumably, it is perfectly Ok to blow up civilians who are occupiers of your country if those civilians are also trained soldiers of an army that overran your country. Oh hang on a minute that makes the Israelis terrorists and the Palestinians people fighting to get their country back. Look at map of the world pre 1948 and it says "Palestine" duh!

Oh and the world war II defense by the Isrealis is immoral. What about the ethnic groups, gypsies, homosexuals who were also in those camps. Of course everbody forgets about the russian dead who outnumbered the jewish dead several fold.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Allow me to stear the thread back in it's intended direction. What we should be discussing here is the impact of the Zawahri audio tape, and it's release after the Iraqi election.

There are other threads for discussing the Israeli/Palestinian issue.

Here's some info from The Northeast Intelligence Network

www.homelandsecurityus.com
12 February 2005: On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, a number of Islamic terrorist websites began to distribute the text of an audio message reportedly made by al Qaeda number-two man Ayman al Zawahiri. Analysts at the Northeast Intelligence Network had a complete copy of the audio message, translated the text from Arabic into English and began an extensive analysis of the message within hours of its release.

Upon analyzing the entire message, it is evident that a significant portion is a "call to jihad," directed to "moderate Muslims" living in the U.S. and other non-Muslim countries. If taken to its intended level of exposure, this latest message by Ayman al-Zawahiri may well be considered the catalyst that will deepen the chasm between fundamentalists and all others of Islamic faith, thus setting the stage for jihad by the moderates, including and especially those in Western countries.

It is their belief that the Zawahri tape is more then just propaganda. They believe that operational instructions may be contained within the tape.

Of course we won't know all of it, unless your willing to pay for intel, as they only give out details to those who sign up for their newsletter.

top topics

join