It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So will the NFL Stand this Sunday?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
After the deadliest shooting in American History this week Americans Helped complete strangers out and Police put there own Lives in Danger evacuating the Building and storming the castle into a walking Armory. And before you say its there Job to do this no its not its a choice to run towards the Bullets. Police are not the Military.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I care not...
I no longer keep up with the NFL
Dont attend my local team games anymore . My favorite team, the Steelers ? Usually I attend 2 games a year (after all I live in Georgia and Pittsburgh is a fair trip to get to) I am not attending this year at all.
When this ludicrous behavior ends , I will return
For now , NCAAF only
Oh , and my next favorite sport - Australian Rules Rugby "Yeah Baby" - True football in all its glory

edit on 10/3/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure why anyone would care. The 2nd has its drawbacks just like the 1st has its drawbacks, I guess we are seeing that fact come to light over the past few weeks.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stephen20

I won't know because we won't be watching. I guess I will find out from news reports. I don't care anymore. The NFL is dead or dying, imo.....around here anyway.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Who cares about that petty crap? The could stand, kneel or do the YMCA and I wouldn't care.

Plus the Giants are 0-4 so I wont be watching anyway. Go Yanks.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So will the NFL Stand this Sunday?

Who cares. Notice that's not a question, because I don't care about any of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Did you see the NFL Players in Las Vegas ?

They were running towards a mass murderer with an Automatic Weapon.

Oh wait nevermind, those were Policemen and Firemen.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

But dude! The NFL care so much about us downtrodden types! They care so much they take the time to take a knee! That's really putting it out there I'll tell ya.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Did you see the NFL Players in Las Vegas ?

They were running towards a mass murderer with an Automatic Weapon.

Oh wait nevermind, those were Policemen and Firemen.

Perfect.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I care not...
Dont attend my local team games anymore . My favorite team, the Steelers ? Usually I attend 2 games a year (after all I live in Georgia and Pittsburgh is a fair trip to get to) I am not attending this year at all.
For now , NCAAF only
Oh , and my next favorite sport - Australian Rules Rugby "Yeah Baby" - True football in all its glory

NCAA?

Worse than the NFL.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I care not...
For now , NCAAF only

NCAA?

Worse than the NFL.

Actually much better
Players are there for a higher education . They play football " as a sideline" in hopes of going "professional" . Get it "professional" . Meaning college football is not an occupation. It is secondary
As they are there and it is not a job , the players give it their all in hopes of getting "hired" by the NFL . Sort of a job interview as Pro teams have scouts at every game
I hope that clarifies the difference for you on US Football .
Dont always go by South Park . It is a "parody" only and not to be used as fact.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm sure the NFL players are crying into their million dollar contracts because you won't be attending TWO whole games this year. What will they do with all that revenue loss?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Remember TV is one thing. Ticket sales and extras at the stadium is what makes a good part of the money for the team's owners .
And from what I am hearing , some teams are finding difficulty in filling half their stadiums . Some teams even had near full stadiums before.
TV games have to have viewership for the companies that purchase the high dollar ads to do so. That is dropping
So , revenue for the NFL has been dropping at a rapid rate this year. The NBA and the MLB have already made statements that their teams will stand.
So , no. They may not miss me , but they will miss a lot of us in unison
Next information I can provide you with ?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Don't care done with the nfl.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Who really watches that part of the game?

Who really cared about any of this before the media told you to care?

Why does football have to include a political message now, too?

When can the things I enjoy stop being ruined?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Remember TV is one thing. Ticket sales and extras at the stadium is what makes a good part of the money for the team's owners .
And from what I am hearing , some teams are finding difficulty in filling half their stadiums . Some teams even had near full stadiums before.
TV games have to have viewership for the companies that purchase the high dollar ads to do so. That is dropping
So , revenue for the NFL has been dropping at a rapid rate this year. The NBA and the MLB have already made statements that their teams will stand.
So , no. They may not miss me , but they will miss a lot of us in unison
Next information I can provide you with ?

I wouldn't believe what youa re hearing. Go find the stats.

Im willing to bet you won't see much difference. When I've watched games this year, the stadiums look to have plenty of folks going into to spend cash. Most people really, seriously do not care and wish this whole thing would stop already.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Don't know, don't care. So far another man's right to choose to kneel or stand before a football game has had zero impact on my life. Those who want to kneel should do so. Those who don't, should stand.

If they televise it again this week (they never did in the past except for the first game of the year and the Super Bowl) I'll fast forward right through it and get to the actual game.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When the "we gotta change everything, and now!" assholes are driven from our culture, preferably in a great deal of physical pain desperately trying to keep just ahead of the runners with torches and riders with whips... but just driving them out in a less violent manner works, too.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When the "we gotta change everything, and now!" assholes are driven from our culture, preferably in a great deal of physical pain desperately trying to keep just ahead of the runners with torches and riders with whips... but just driving them out in a less violent manner works, too.

We used to ignore them. Then they got a soapbox called "the internet". Now, even when you try to ignore what someone is saying online, it still gets shared into your attention.

Remember when you could do something stupid or assholish, and it wouldn't end up being considered "national news" via social media shares? Today I get to try (repeatedly) to skip stories about breast feeding mothers being asked to not flop out their breasts in a restaurant, or broom up the butt religious folks offering a prayer for a tip in a restaurant in some small Indiana town.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Unfortunately , I am getting this from espn.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join