It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of Emergency is now The State Of Normality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
French MPs back controversial anti-terror bill

France's lower house of parliament on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved a new counter-terrorism bill, making permanent several controversial measures in place under a nearly two-year-old state of emergency.

Sadly this is a reality that is growing. Civil liberties are becoming a thing of the past to allow governments to combat an enemy that has been allowed to walk through the front door, setup camp, recruit and execute their own strategic war in our own backyard.

It's hard to argue why these infringements on civil liberties should not happen;

The attack by 29-year-old Ahmed Hanachi, who was shot dead by troops on anti-terrorism patrol, brings to 241 the number of people killed in attacks claimed by, or attributed to, jihadists since January 2015.

I realise there are people out there who will try to bury this number into irrelevance by stating such things as "more people get killed by fridges falling on them" etc.....which, while being true, doesn't account for the fact that fridges have not declared war on the western world.

But, unfortunately things are never as clear as one might hope;

It also allows the authorities to shut down a mosque or other place of worship if preachers are found to promote radical "ideas and theories"

In effect the state of emergency normality includes everybody, not just islamic terrorists. Preaching in a church the belief that islam to be incompatible with anything other than itself could find you in a bit of trouble.

edit on 3 10 2017 by myselfaswell because: whateva

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I have two thoughts on your post. First, isn't their PM left leaning? Are the Antifa decrying these measures?

Second, how well has the state of emergency done at preventing these crimes in those two years?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If the US would just stop bombing the ME then the terrorism problem would go away. The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. They dropped 28,000 in 2016. 2017 will be a new record! When you bomb large populations of innocent people killing their loved ones and destroying their livelihoods you will inevitably get suicide bombers and extremists.

Don't believe me, just check out the guy photo in this LA Times article. This guys is your next terrorist. This is why we are losing our liberties to fear-based legislation.

More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq

The guys pregnant wife was splattered. Her only crime was she was born too close to Zionist Israel. It is estimated two to four MILLION Arabs have been killed by US bombings since 2001.

edit on 3-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
If the US would just stop bombing the ME then the terrorism problem would go away. The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. They dropped 28,000 in 2016. 2017 will be a new record! When you bomb large populations of innocent people killing their loved ones and destroying their livelihoods you will inevitably get suicide bombers and extremists.

An un-used weapon is a useless weapon. - Ace Tomato Company

From Spies Like Us, I couldn't help my self, it seemed to fit.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Spies like Us is a great movie. You might enjoy the movie Big Trouble. There's a scene where the idiot thieves get a nuclear bomb through airport security which is hilarious in that it's tragically possible it could actually happen!

edit on 3-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yep, turnbull didn't waste any time increasing laws and reducing rights for us plebs, it's straight out of the playbook.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

But no one makes any money or gains any control by not dropping bombs or not creating a police state.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What surprises me is that as far as I know no major western country is officially declared war on any other country (so they can't say they are at war) yet they are spending more money on munitions and such than they ever did in the 2 world wars.

top topics

join